Spyder Garage

Default New entry level Spyder

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what a new Spyder for around $10,000 will do to affect the selling price of older machines around that price ?

Spyder Garage

Default Entry Level Spyder

This is just a guess on my part, but for $10,000 or less the new Spyder will probably have an engine that is no more than 500 or 600cc. It will probably have the safety features we are all used to like ABS, stability control, and traction control. Probably cruise control will not be standard but possibly an option. So if I were looking for a used Spyder in the $10K range or the new Spyder, the engine size would be my primary consideration.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Any pics /info?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They will be released sometime between September 11 and the 14th.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what a new Spyder for around $10,000 will do to affect the selling price of older machines around that price ?
    For the $10K price...it should not have an effect on the used out there in the same price range. As mentioned...for starters...the used will have a bigger engine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I personally would not pay 10000.00 for a 500-600 cc spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    I personally would not pay 10000.00 for a 500-600 cc spyder
    It could be the 900 ACE that is in the Sea-doo Spark and GTI jet skies that produces 90 HP but could be more depending on the tune?
    The 1330 and 900 ACE are very fuel efficient!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ENGINE SIZE VS.COST

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    This is just a guess on my part, but for $10,000 or less the new Spyder will probably have an engine that is no more than 500 or 600cc. It will probably have the safety features we are all used to like ABS, stability control, and traction control. Probably cruise control will not be standard but possibly an option. So if I were looking for a used Spyder in the $10K range or the new Spyder, the engine size would be my primary consideration.
    So you think a 5 or 600 cc engine will be 60% less expensive to make than the 1330cc engine.......? ? ?..............Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

So what would you give up on your RT or F3 to bring it down to $10,000 ...?? The F3 is already pretty skimpy as it is...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    So what would you give up on your RT or F3 to bring it down to $10,000 ...?? The F3 is already pretty skimpy as it is...
    Nada. Going to watch with much interest. Don't think this will be a twanger plucker for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back to the original question:
    If a person is looking to purchase a bike based upon price: it'll have a pretty big effect on the bikes that they look at.
    If they are informed about the features, and know what they want: it won't have a significant impact...

I'd take a look at one! Smaller bikes can be a BLAST to ride!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Personally I would be fine with a smaller motor. As long as it gets me down the road at the legal speed limit I'm fine. A bigger motor doesn't make the ride, and wind in my face any different. As I tell my Harley friends "I don't need a bigger motor to compensate for what I lack in other places". Lol
    Last edited by Culpjp; 08-16-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

. As I tell my Harley friends "I don't need a bigger motor to over compensate for what I lack in other places". Lol[/QUOTE] SO TRUE!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Back to the original question:
    If a person is looking to purchase a bike based upon price: it'll have a pretty big effect on the bikes that they look at.
    If they are informed about the features, and know what they want: it won't have a significant impact...

I'd take a look at one! Smaller bikes can be a BLAST to ride!!
    Im just thinking next spring trading my GS in and moving to 3 cylinders I may see a little less demand from people looking for a first Spyder ... see what happens I guess

Spyder Garage

Default Entry level spyder

I hope that they will not put all the electronics to control the trike so the rider can control it themselves.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Im just thinking next spring trading my GS in and moving to 3 cylinders I may see a little less demand from people looking for a first Spyder ... see what happens I guess
    But yours will be a CLASSIC!

Good luck!

Spyder Garage

The question for me as a non-spyder owner hoping to take the class soon and save up for a Spyder for next season is what this new "budget" machine will offer. The $10k price point for me will include this new machine or spyders (mostly rs or rss) in the 09-12 range. Anything with a 1330 motor tends to start at $3-4k more than the $10k mark. I know that with patience and diligence I might be able to find one a bit cheaper but so far I have not seen any.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That would be a bike i would look at for the wife if she wanted one a little smaller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    … I would look at for the wife if she wanted one a little smaller
    I ain't sayin' nuthin'...

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I ain't sayin' nuthin'...
    Why thank you bob

Spyder Garage

Between the years 1990 and 2001 I did not have a motorcycle of any kind. My re-entry into M/C's was the Yamaha 650 twin. I duded it up like the Silverado version that appeared the NEXT year.

Having previously driven semi big iron (1000 CC) the 650 seemed more like a "toy" bike to me. Not very good at all for a passenger.

When I brought it to AK, and then driving all the hills and mountain passes, I felt the machine to be way underpowered. It had to be shifted to second gear to comfortably make it up some of the hills.

I promptly traded it off on a Kawasaki 1000 Voyager (the last of that particular breed)--with the 4 cylinder engine. Then the M/C party started over again.

Bottom line, I am thinking that if BRP comes out with a small one (650 cc or so) that I will pass. Even Linda is comfortable driving the 998 and the 1330 these days.

It will be opening the market for many who have not yet experienced 's and have been put off by the high asking prices of current stuff. IMO--its all about the learning curve. Having had bigger engines--I don't want smaller. I don't like "underpowered."

Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not sure what they will look like, but it will be interesting to see. My thoughts are that most spyders that are introduced in September, will be offered for about 20% off in about 8-10 months. That means that you could possibly get your 2019 introductory spyder for around $8k, new come August of 2019. Now that I would possibly consider.
    Everyone was all hyped about the 2014 RT when they came out. I waited until September of 2014 and saved $5500 off sticker price. Waiting is not a problem for me.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Why thank you bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Not sure what they will look like, but it will be interesting to see. My thoughts are that most spyders that are introduced in September, will be offered for about 20% off in about 8-10 months. That means that you could possibly get your 2019 introductory spyder for around $8k, new come August of 2019. Now that I would possibly consider.
    Everyone was all hyped about the 2014 RT when they came out. I waited until September of 2014 and saved $5500 off sticker price. Waiting is not a problem for me.
    Not sure on what the Econobox version will be, offer or look like, however, I found it ironic the amount you saved by waiting.

For us, being in Florida we got an early 2014. This was at a time when this site was stating wait or ne er by tne first year release. We did, got it in January, and saved essentially about tne same as you did.

These new Econobox Spyders, again unknown and unproven, it will be interesting to read the responses once they release the details.

If Honda somehow releases the Neo Wing, Can Am may be sitting on some inventory.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If Honda somehow releases the Neo Wing, Can Am may be sitting on some inventory.
    That will depend on the Neo Wing Pricing. The Niken is starting out at $16k, will it eat at F3 sales.... we will see. If the Neowing is priced in the mid teens then it might also be competing with the F3 and not the new low price yet to be announced Can Am Spyder
    Last edited by delkhouri; 08-17-2018 at 11:10 AM.