Spyder Garage

Default Farewell My Friends

I sold my 2008 GS today. I would like to thank you for the great advice I have received
    during the past 8 years on this forum . It was bleeding edge technology 10 years ago. I often had a crowd of 15 people gathered around my Spyder when I came out of Home Depot. I would have to give a short seminar on my odd new toy. Double takes were the norm where ever I traveled. Waves from 2 wheel bikers were few and far between.

I would especially like to thank Randy for his how to videos that allowed me to get back into wrenching again, something I had not done since the 1970s when I could no longer afford to take my Triumph TR6 and MG B GT to the mechanic Lucus Electric “the father of darkness”. I never went to my dealer for service on my Spyder unless it was for a recall thanks to this forum.

I would also like to thank Baja Ron and Spyderpops for their innovative products and excellent
    customer service!

Thank you Lamonster for allllll you have done for Spyder riders

Last, but by far not least thank you (bacon) Bob D. for always getting a word in and answering my questions many times.

I am sure I have forgotten to thank many more and because of this I thank all of you.

I’m now on the road to the Harley forums ( I-know), but it was time for a change for me.
    Harley.jpg
    To all, ride safely and don’t forget Crisis
    Kindest Regards
    Lenny
    Last edited by Crisis; 08-14-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    I sold my 2008 GS today. I would like to thank you for the great advice I have received
    during the past 8 years on this forum . It was bleeding edge technology 10 years ago. I often had a crowd of 15 people gathered around my Spyder when I came out of Home Depot. I would have to give a short seminar on my odd new toy. Double takes were the norm where ever I traveled. Waves from 2 wheel bikers were few and far between.

I would especially like to thank Randy for his how to videos that allowed me to get back into wrenching again, something I had not done since the 1970s when I could no longer afford to take my Triumph TR6 and MG B GT to the mechanic Lucus Electric “the father of darkness”. I never went to my dealer for service unless it was for a recall.

I would also like to thank Baja Ron and Spyderpops for their innovative products and excellent
    customer service!

Last but by far not least thank you (bacon) Bob D. for always getting a word in and answering my questions many times

I’m now on the road to the Harley forums ( I-know), but it was time for a change for me.

Kindest Regards
    Lenny
    Good luck on your new choice of bikes. I just sold mine and went back to a Goldwing. I'm sticking around because I have meet some good people here and just because I don't ride a Spyder they want hold it against me. I still have several friends that rides Spyders and I do their work on them and sometimes a question needs asking and someone here will have the answer.
    David

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new bike.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default As you know....

Not goodbye...once you are a family member your always a family member. Enjoy your new ryde/ride but keep in touch ... and we would like to see what you get...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FRIENDS

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post

I would especially like to thank Randy for his how to videos that allowed me to get back into wrenching again, something I had not done since the 1970s when I could no longer afford to take my Triumph TR6 and MG B GT to the mechanic Lucus Electric “the father of darkness”. I never went to my dealer for service unless it was for a recall.

customer service!

Last but by far not least thank you (bacon) Bob D. for always getting a word in and answering my questions many times

Kindest Regards
    Lenny
    , goodbye !!!! ................. This thread has an interesting footnote at least to me ..... the title to this is thread is " "Farewell My Friends ", and you named Four above ..... I find this a bit curious, because on your Bio page you have Four friends listed ......but none of them appear in your Farewell Thread ...... But I suppose friends means different things to different people ................ this was just an observation ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-13-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default The best to you

Yep, a bunch of nice folks on this forum.

The best to you with your new ride.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    , goodbye !!!! ................. This thread has an interesting footnote at least to me ..... the title to this is thread is " "Farewell My Friends ", and you named Four above ..... I find this a bit curious, because on your Bio page you have Four friends listed ......but none of them appear in your Farewell Thread ...... But I suppose friends means different things to different people ................ this was just an observation ....... Mike
    Mike, you need to stop being soooo nit-picky. It's much easier to simply look at the big picture and take it for what it's worth, donchano?.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not "Farewell": it's change a change of what's underneath your butt at the Stop-LIghts!
    Show us some pictures of your new ride!
    ...And stick around!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wish you the best.

Spyder Garage

Adio's Amigo!

May the winds at your back never be your own.

Farewell, you will enjoy the new Harley as I did for some 60 years. Many friends there too. They just look more scary cause they got beards and more tattoo's but really are

great people.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new ride!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Bump

Spyder Garage

Default ahhhhh

hey guy they forgot something on your new ride ---- did not see the adjustable windshield ! ( just kidding you there guy , good looking cycle ) check in every once in a while let folks know your still hitting the streets

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

and as always Mike
    David

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your adventure!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue