Thread: Rider Education

Spyder Garage

Default Rider Education

Yahoo.. yepee finally got into a rider ed class to be able to get my trike endorsement. This weekend Brookdale Community College , Lincroft NJ. They have openings.

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

That's great! My wife and I are signed up early September down here in Georgia. Let us know how it goes!
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Rider Education

So looking forward to it. I will most certainly let you know how it goes.

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

When is your class? I'm fortunate in that there's only 3 people signed up so far for ours. I'm really hoping to get some experience on both the "F" and "RT" series if they're there, looking to purchase a used one soon and the experience we get in the class will make or break the decision.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

None in IL..Wife wanted to take class but no...

Spyder Garage

I signed the wife and I up I the beginning of November in Charlotte. Jumped on it when they had the promo making it free!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Good luck w/the class and holla if you ever head down Princeton way!
    Got my Mrs. signed up for the class next month...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Great decision.

Great idea to take the class. I took that class in July, they only had F3 models. Maybe you’ll be lucky and they will have a RT. I rode the F3 Limited, then went to dealer and sat on the RT (not allowed to test drive in NY). I ended up buying a ‘18 RTL, it was a more comfortable seating for me and I drive 2 up most of the time. Sit/drive both before you buy.
    ‘And don’t forget, the card they give you when u “graduate” is your card. DMV will make a copy but you keep the original. And most importantly...tell your insurance company you took the class. I got 10% discount.
    ‘Have fun, best of luck!

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    None in IL..Wife wanted to take class but no...
    Wilpir, Bug them, they had none in NY I wanted the wife to take it. So I called them once a week and pestered them (squeaky wheel). At first they said they did not have then it changed to we are working on it. After about 6 months it appeared on the site. Don't rely on them to let you know, they said that they would call me and email me. The wife took it 3 months ago and they still have let me know. So check the site weekly. After she took the course I called them to thank them and to give my observations of the course. Good luck
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Wilpir, Bug them, they had none in NY I wanted the wife to take it. So I called them once a week and pestered them (squeaky wheel). At first they said they did not have then it changed to we are working on it. After about 6 months it appeared on the site. Don't rely on them to let you know, they said that they would call me and email me. The wife took it 3 months ago and they still have let me know. So check the site weekly. After she took the course I called them to thank them and to give my observations of the course. Good luck
    So should I bug you for the helmet clips everyday?..

Spyder Garage

The class is this week end at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft NJ. I do hope they have both the F3 and the RT. I sat on both at the dealer and the F3 felt more comfortable. Of course riding will tell the story.

RapRider if and when I get one I will let you know so we could set a met and greet.

Hey Jarred, where abouts in long Island? I spent my childhood summers in Lindenhurst. Used to take the ferry out of Babylon to Fire Island and fish of the piers.

Joe
    Last edited by jlc41; 08-15-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

My wife took the course in July at Dreyer in Indianapolis, with the free promotion. Great class for those who are new to riding and new to Spyders. There were six in her class; three RT's and three F3's. All 2018 machines and all limiteds. She got her endorsement a couple of weeks ago and has been practicing on building confidence. I hung around for both days just to see if I would learn anything new after 3 years on a Spyder, but didn't really get any additional info that I didn't already know.

Spyder Garage

Default Rider Education

Hi folks I am happy to report I nailed the written and practical tests. Yahoo, they had both RTL's and F3L's. I road both and liked the F3L best. Now I have to get to the DMV and get my endorsement. Then the fun starts. I found two dealers that rent them for about $200 a day. So hopefully I'll be able to rent both an RTL and an F3L for a few days and get a better idea of which one suits me best.

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I tried to sign up in ohio.... and was only given a the dates of this upcoming weekend. I emailed them back about possible September dates and before they responded (and before my schedule cleared up for this weekend) the price was raised from $75 - $125.

Spyder Garage

Default Rider Ed

I took the class back in June on Long Island a great class given by Big Apple MC School. Good Luck to All ENJOY!

Spyder Garage

Yup I got in under the wire $75.
    2018 F3L , Blue