Spyder Garage

Default Genius Maps volume control

For those of us frustrated by no (or low) volume on Genius Maps spoken directions, I finally learned how to control the volume. This probably applies to the other recognized BRP Connect apps as well. With some help from BRP Customer Support, I can now hear where the voice wants me to go.
    There are two separate volumes. One for the FM radio, the other for BRP Connect apps. They are both controlled by the same joystick. The radio volume is obvious, the app volume is a little trickier. Here's what I had to do:
    1. Get Genius Maps up and running on your screen
    2. Enter a destination that you know will generate some spoken directions
    3. Start out down the road and change screens to the one that displays the radio information
    4. As soon as you can tell that someone is speaking, press up on the joystick and the volume will increase. The volume bar will not change
    5. If you miss that short window of opportunity while the spoken instructions are being given, all you'll get is an increase in radio volume
    6. The app volume stay where ever you set it, so you shouldn't have to change it unless you want it at a different level

I hope this helps. I'm finally starting to understand some things that the owner's manual should have provided but didn't. Oh, one more thing. Don't even get your hopes up that you will be able to hear these through your bluetooth headsets. External speaker only

Mick

Spyder Garage

THANK YOU
    Not sure why this post doesn't have more replies but it saved me a big headache and a lot of time! This worked perfectly for me after trying everything (I thought) for the past 2 days. Never thought of switching over to the radio menu, but it makes sense.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fantastic! Now when I don't have the headset paired I can tone it down. Currently it not only tells me the directions but the whole neighborhood! :-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Fantastic! Now when I don't have the headset paired I can tone it down. Currently it not only tells me the directions but the whole neighborhood! :-)
    You were lucky, mine was all the way down and wouldn't even tell me!