Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at this......

2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I triked my '02 Wing in '05. Bought my first Spyder in '11. As several have said it takes a while to get used to the Spyder. Hey, they are different rides. I kept my Wing and ride it, but not as much as my Spyder. I love both of them.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    The handling on the wing is effortless compared to the tricycle and if you have any upper back or neck issues you will find the Spyder challenging
    Ray, that’s a rather sweeping claim. I, for one, have upper back and neck issues and do not find the Spyder challenging. In fact, my neck and shoulders feel much better after a day on the Spyder than they ever did on the Victory Vision. It could well have been seating and bar positioning that caused your Spyder issues, not the handling.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

After just over three months and 6000 miles on my 2018 RTL, I will honestly say that I still have some 'confused signals" about it.

First - I am just thankful to be riding again. I do like riding the Spyder and maybe more importantly, so does my wife. She was never comfortable on my old bike (understandable - the VROD is truly a 'one-up machine"). For me the adjustment to riding styles is complete. I comfortable in every riding situation that I have encountered - from twisty mountains to high speed interstate cruising - from avoiding the idiots with cell phones to avoiding debris falling off of a truck. Once I became accustomed to the different style of riding - it has been great. I have always been someone that has been "performance" and "quality" driven. I like the performance - I can still rip around corners - still go fast - just differently. Quality - so far so good (as I knock on the wooden desk). Fit and finish seem to be good.
    My negative is a personal one - as stated above - if you have neck and upper back issues - Beware that they will be worse. My neck / head were more comfortable riding like a folded taco (forward controls) on the VROD than the posture and riding style the Spyder forces. It isn't buffeting - just different riding.

I would still give the Spyder an 8 of 10. It will take time to get the last stars for maintenance and durability.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White