Spyder Garage

Default Shoddy fit on F3 Corbin Seat?

Greetings Spyder Lovers!

I just installed the Corbin Dual Tour Saddle on my '16 F3-S and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing unsightly body gaps between the saddle and the rest of the trike?

The saddle is quite comfortable, but doesn't seem to sit flush again the body. I double and triple-checked and it is indeed locked in. An annoyance, to be certain, but if this is the norm with this saddle, I guess I can live with it.

See below for a couple of pictures. Thanks.

Russ

20180812_142209.jpg20180812_142232.jpg
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure....

Hope there are others out there that can compare with the pictures you sent. Doesn't look to bad but if others have a more flush fit then it may have to be redone...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Hope there are others out there that can compare with the pictures you sent. Doesn't look to bad but if others have a more flush fit then it may have to be redone...
    Let's hope not, Chu-Diggity!

Russ
    UCLA F3S (Russ): ('16 F3S SE6 Special Series "The Batpod") - DJ PC V, K&N AF, RLS Punisher Custom Exhaust, 7Jurock 27" Windshield, Corbin Dual Tour Saddle, Shad Rack/Bags, Bajaron Swaybar, BRP Signature Light, Lamonster "Parts Suite" (LED Fog/Headlights, GPS Mount/Garmin Zumo 660LM, RIP Boards, IPS Caps, Foam Grips), Can Am 2-Up Rear Shock; ('16 RT-S SE6 "Gipsy Danger") ​- BRP Adjustable Backrest, Bajaron Swaybar, Magic Mirror Mounts, Lamonster Dual Power Plate w/Large X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If you can get them to redo it, Gene. Corbin don’t have a great record after the sale is made

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately its pretty typical of Corbin's shoddy workmanship. Been discussed over and over. Far better companies to do business with.

I was fortunate that they told me off BEFORE I purchased and moved on to Russel Day Long Saddles.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Unfortunately its pretty typical of Corbin's shoddy workmanship. Been discussed over and over. Far better companies to do business with.

I was fortunate that they told me off BEFORE I purchased and moved on to Russel Day Long Saddles.
    Copy that. The seat is actually quite comfortable, so I can't complain about that...just the fitment on the trike itself.

Oh well, live and learn, I guess. Thanks for the feedback!

Russ

Spyder Garage

Okay.. I know I'm waaay late to this party, but I've just gotta say this:

Corbin (over the years) has done my 2006 CBR1000RR, 2010 VFR1200, 2013 F6B Goldwing, and my 2020 F3T. They even responded to 16 pages of internet "bitches" concerning the fitment of the Honda V65 Magna seat fitment as soon as I brought it to their attention.

I don't know if you got "shuttled" over to the Florida showroom in the phone system, or if the call was even made (like the Magna seat bitches). If you bought it, they will make you an appointment in Hollister to fix it. You may have to take a roadtrip to Hollister CA, so they can do it right there, right on your ride, but they will make it good.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Spyder Garage

Thread is darn near four years old. Many more newer threads.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here are images of the new Corbin seat on my 2021 F3 Ltd. I am fortunate to live about an hour away.

CB0A1F01-E869-4A4E-B9FC-C6806C08C0AD.jpg C49752DA-2C98-452F-99BC-6AC1A9F96DCC.jpg

Under passenger part and where it goes around the back. Think I'll be visiting them to ask about this.
    D9B62CE6-D879-4BC8-A09D-E5CF615BA13C.jpg4BA751FB-9580-44CF-B1FE-AF1657647F17.jpg

72DD4CF0-4A2F-4EA4-9360-4AD737BFC75B.jpg
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 06-02-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

My corbin seat is a 2010 better than original. became flat and hard, now I ride Ultimate seat and no complaints
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: then (a point in time) - than (a comparison) ;-)