Spyder Garage

Default A few Photos from our Summer Ride

Wife and I just completed our annual summer trip. This year was shorter than most. We rode 4,196 miles in 18 days including 2 days of rest/visiting time. States visited were Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. We're not big on taking pictures but here are a few from our phone cameras. The first couple of picture were taken in Washington on the North Cascade Highway. The others were take from a lookout point above Lake Powell at the Arizona-Utah boarder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Two more photos from our ride. Ferry from Anacortes to Friday Harbor, WA. (Bikes load first and get the best spots)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Thank you for sharing the photos. We have the same problem, wonderful scenery, but a PIA to stop, get the camera, etc. etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Wife and I just completed our annual summer trip. This year was shorter than most. We rode 4,196 miles in 18 days including 2 days of rest/visiting time. States visited were Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. We're not big on taking pictures but here are a few from our phone cameras. The first couple of picture were taken in Washington on the North Cascade Highway. The others were take from a lookout point above Lake Powell at the Arizona-Utah boarder.
    When you left Kanab and went north on US 89 I saw you in Ephraim about 12:30.You were stopped for the Stop Light by the Maverik Gas station. I was in my white truck and not the Spyder so I couldn't get your attention. Looked like you were doing well.Too bad we couldn't get together. Glad you had a great trip and got home safe. Thanks for the pictures.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    When you left Kanab and went north on US 89 I saw you in Ephraim about 12:30.You were stopped for the Stop Light by the Maverik Gas station. I was in my white truck and not the Spyder so I couldn't get your attention. Looked like you were doing well.Too bad we couldn't get together. Glad you had a great trip and got home safe. Thanks for the pictures.
    That would have been us. A big ol' fat guy on a spyder pulling a trailer, lit up like a Christmas Tree on high beam and being chased by a tall blonde on a tweety-bird yellow Goldwing. Hard to miss. (But isn't that the point.....being seen) I saw the sign for Spring City and thought of you but my task master has her schedule (and mine) set. I get to lead but she tells me where and when. It works for us.....
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Great photos...thanks for taking us along...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

We take a ton of photos on all our trips and even day rides, I have a small Canon that fits in a tank bag on top of my Glove Box. My Bride carries a full size digital SLR Canon with telephoto lens in her trunk and when we are going through one of the Parks like Yellow Stone she has a harness that she can carry it on her neck and shoulders so it dosn't pull on her neck , and we use our phones a little. After we get home I down load all the photos and make a trip journal with text, dates, locations, etc. and print it out . and have it made into a book with a spiral binder. We usually send one to her mother as she really enjoys them. I would like to think that my grand children will enjoy them someday and induce them to the world of travel and adventure. I have a few photos of my dads travels on his Harley from 1938 that I truly treasure. One of the reasons I love traveling on our Spyders is so we can stop at all the Historical markers and signs that you miss when traveling by car or worse yet a large camper or trailer. Many times we pass by something neat and turn around and check it out. We make very few reservations so we don't feel pressured to make a time line and can stop and smell the roses.
    Glacier Park Ride 096.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    That would have been us. A big ol' fat guy on a spyder pulling a trailer, lit up like a Christmas Tree on high beam and being chased by a tall blonde on a tweety-bird yellow Goldwing. Hard to miss. (But isn't that the point.....being seen) I saw the sign for Spring City and thought of you but my task master has her schedule (and mine) set. I get to lead but she tells me where and when. It works for us.....
    Maybe another time.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze