Spyder Garage

Default Ssv works kicker speakers

Im looking to buy some speakers for my 18 F3
    Im looking for some good quality under $1,000
    i seen the ssv works kicker speakers that comes with
    a amp but I haven’t seen one review or video of what they
    sound like. Anyone have these speakers?

ps let me know if you have any for sale?
    jl audio, kicker etc

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

The F3 audio system is odd and nothing like the prior pre-2016 non-F3 models with the 2018 being odder (part of the cluster rather than the main unit under the seat). I have for certain determined that the F3 woofers DO NOT get the full spectrum of sound, just the lower end. Coax speakers are useless there.

I've tried several speakers with my 2016 and found none to work well. Best result I had was with Polk DB501 4ohm coax. They bolted right on but the stock radio could not drive them and they frequently farted on the low frequencies. I have not tried just a 4 ohm woofer yet. I tried putting a Fosgate amp with high level inputs and it would not work period. I'm out of cash at the moment and will not try anything else for awhile.

I tried upon recommendation a set of 2 ohm JBL GTO 528's but they did nothing but rattle like a flopping fish on a dry boat deck.

Will keep trying once I get cash flush again which may be awhile.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Did you get anymore feeback?
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    The F3 audio system is odd and nothing like the prior pre-2016 non-F3 models with the 2018 being odder (part of the cluster rather than the main unit under the seat). I have for certain determined that the F3 woofers DO NOT get the full spectrum of sound, just the lower end. Coax speakers are useless there.

I've tried several speakers with my 2016 and found none to work well. Best result I had was with Polk DB501 4ohm coax. They bolted right on but the stock radio could not drive them and they frequently farted on the low frequencies. I have not tried just a 4 ohm woofer yet. I tried putting a Fosgate amp with high level inputs and it would not work period. I'm out of cash at the moment and will not try anything else for awhile.

I tried upon recommendation a set of 2 ohm JBL GTO 528's but they did nothing but rattle like a flopping fish on a dry boat deck.

Will keep trying once I get cash flush again which may be awhile.
    " flopping fish " …. interesting impression ….. back in 2014 when I decided to change to OEM's to something better , I read dozens of USER reviews - NONE thought they sounded like " flopping fish .. PS, I love mine ( and No Amp ) ………. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " flopping fish " …. interesting impression ….. back in 2014 when I decided to change to OEM's to something better , I read dozens of USER reviews - NONE thought they sounded like " flopping fish .. PS, I love mine ( and No Amp ) ………. Mike
    Mike. We've been through this before in a LOOOONG contentious thread. For the post 2016 F3, the speakers you recommend do NOT WORK!

>CLICK ME<
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Mike. We've been through this before in a LOOOONG contentious thread. For the post 2016 F3, the speakers you recommend do NOT WORK!

>CLICK ME<
    Sorry you felt it was " contentious " !!!! ………. However unless I see some proof that the BRP -OEM speakers are made or function differently from every other speaker I've ever heard of or read about...…….. Then I'm going to believe something other than the JBL's are at fault ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I was looking for a speaker system too, until I purchased a helmet with built in Bluetooth. The Bluetooth in the helmet works perfect for music, map guidance , hands free phone and intercom to other riders.
    2015 F3 S SE6 , Stock Red

Spyder Garage

I'm running JBL GTO 528 on all 4 Speakers with a alpine inline Amp and love it sounds great

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    I'm running JBL GTO 528 on all 4 Speakers with a alpine inline Amp and love it sounds great
    Glad to hear you took the plunge and made the rear hole a slight amount bigger to fit the 5.25 in size ….. they can't produce Real Bass, but anything less than 8inch size won't...…. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PR Spyder rt View Post
    Glad to hear you took the plunge and made the rear hole a slight amount bigger to fit the 5.25 in size ….. they can't produce Real Bass, but anything less than 8inch size won't...…. Mike
    Looks like two peeps with RTs running JBL. The F3 is a different animal and won't run JBL.

Spyder Garage

Looks like two peeps with RTs running JBL. The F3 is a different animal and won't run JBL.
    To me this begs the Question - WHY !!!! ………. it was mentioned in another post ( on this topic ) about maybe the 18 F-3 doesn't have enough power for the JBL's …. well that can't possibly be the case - the JBL GTO's have only 2 Ohm's of resistance ( which half the resistance of most car speakers ).... sound producing devices ie speakers function off the same principals …. so why the 18 F-3 can't use the JBL's is baffling to me …… Mike

Spyder Garage

To me this begs the Question - WHY !!!! ………. it was mentioned in another post ( on this topic ) about maybe the 18 F-3 doesn't have enough power for the JBL's …. well that can't possibly be the case - the JBL GTO's have only 2 Ohm's of resistance ( which half the resistance of most car speakers ).... sound producing devices ie speakers function off the same principals …. so why the 18 F-3 can't use the JBL's is baffling to me …… Mike
    Well, "begs the question" is not the proper idiom. "This begs FOR the question" is the proper use. But, that's just one of my pet peeves.

How about YOU find out why? If you do, I will forever be in your debt. Nobody has posted about a satisfactory system that will work. There is a video on you tube but it's not enough info and the sample song has no lows (woofs) and sux. There are two outs on the F3 because the system is component. The tweeter just tweets and the woofer just woofs. a coax speaker just does not work.

I'm considering adding a four channel amp and hooking the woofer leads to one set and the tweeter to the other set, but I'm not ready to spend bucks I don't have at the moment for an experiment (especially after blowing the money on the JBLs for nothing).

Spyder Garage

Well, "begs the question" is not the proper idiom......snip.....
    I dunno, Rattlebars, looks like a pretty circular argument to me!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!