Thread: Question

Spyder Garage

Default Question

Has your wife ever said this to you. Mine ask me the other day if I would get married again if anything ever happen and she passed suddenly? I politely said no. That I wasn't that crazy . Then I told her that I would go trade in our 2011 RT for a new one and hit the road on a cross country road trip. She kinda chuckled at first then I got that deer in the headlights look. I'll be paying for that comment for a while now. Probably see new stuff in her future.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I think you dug a pretty good hole there Of course on the plus side, maybe you two will get a new spyder now?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nethfel View Post
    Yeah, I think you dug a pretty good hole there Of course on the plus side, maybe you two will get a new spyder now?
    there is always hope. Been looking around at some. Maybe I'll take her with me next time I go looking around at the bike shop!

Spyder Garage

This tends to happen when horsing around with the wife's feelings

Well on the bright side hospital food has gotten better

2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, the good part of that conversation is that at least you didn't say you were going to help her along so you could get a new Spyder! And it's certainly better than admitting you already have your next wife waiting in the wings! That would probably have been a major ICU event if not fatal.

Surely she doesn't really want you to mourn for her for a long while and live in sorrow rather than keeping occupied and trying to live without her? Then again, it's probably easier, and more conducive to marital bliss, to say you're terribly sorry for even mentioning a new Spyder and that you couldn't imagine living without her and would no doubt have to throw yourself of a cliff in desperation (a long time after buying the new Spyder).

Not to mention the fact that, in theory, Two Cats have a total of eighteen lives so you surely must have a few more to fall back on when your answers to such questions don't meet with spousal approval.
    Last edited by Arion; 08-08-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

WIFE: What would you do if i died? Would you get married again?
    Husband: No...how can I think of marrying?
    Wife- Why not? You would need company...for good and bad moments....please get married
    Husband: ...oh Shona...you are so sweet....even after death u r worrying about me...
    Wife: so promise me, u will remarry if I die...
    Husband: Ok, ok, i'd get married again...just for you
    Wife: Would you live in our house with your new Wife...?
    Husband:Yes, but will never let her use your room.
    Wife:Would you let her drive my car ?
    Husband: no... its yours...I will keep it as your memory...and buy new one..
    Wife:Would you give her my jewelry?
    Husband: No..how can I... it has your memories attached I am sure she would want her own..
    Wife: Would she wear my shoes..?
    Husband: No, never her size is '7', and yours is 9
    Wife: --silence-
    Husband: 'Uh Oh'...!!
    Husband's funeral is on Tuesday, please attend......
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My brother's wife died when she was 64 and he was 62. He "met" a lady at church about three months after she died. In a conversation with my wife and me, he said that they had an agreement that when one passed the other would not live alone. Later we found that he had been eyeing a gal ( lady at church) for about a year.
    Myself, would more than likely never remarry. I am just happy that my wife puts up with me. She is very low maintenance. Tells me to go riding or take a trip when I have things to do around the house. My to do list never gets shorter. She's a gem. Don't think that I will find another like her unless they have about ten tons of baggage.
    Just think about my father-in-law, who re-married when his wife (my wife's mom) died. He didn't get to do any of the things he wanted to do. He died very sad.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's something I've noticed......

Most all the good partners are coupled up right out of high school or college. Then for the next 50 + or - years the leftovers are bouncing around trying to partner up and failing left and right leaving their poor offspring with insecurity issues. When and only when one of the long time couples has the misfortune of losing their partner, they then become available for another partner, who has also suffered the same loss. I've seen these situations take place over and over proving that opposites do attract, but don't stay together long. Commitment seems to be a rare element in the world today.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default If she goes first

Quote Originally Posted by Two cats View Post
    Has your wife ever said this to you. Mine ask me the other day if I would get married again if anything ever happen and she passed suddenly? I politely said no. That I wasn't that crazy . Then I told her that I would go trade in our 2011 RT for a new one and hit the road on a cross country road trip. She kinda chuckled at first then I got that deer in the headlights look. I'll be paying for that comment for a while now. Probably see new stuff in her future.
    My wife asked me once if I would get married again if she passed first. I told heck no, you think I'm crazy? We will just live together
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guys

the correct answer is NOT "do you think I'm crazy" lol

Try
    It would take a while then, remembering all our good times, I would like to find that again - but it would be difficult.

Of course, you can ask if she thinks you're crazy enough but don't be surprised at an odd response...

Spyder Garage

my wife, Marie, died at 58, after having been married to me for 36 years. It was not a match made in Heaven, but a Marriage made in Heaven. She was special, and I used to say people would "put up" with me, just to be around her. She was my softer, smarter, more gentle side. It's been almost 5 years now, I miss her daily. I have looked around, and truth be told, I would be a poor choice for the most desperate woman, because I would always compare, which just isn't fair.

oh and BTW, we spent at least 30 years on two wheels, but I know she would have been thumbs up to the Spyder.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Wife- Why not? You would need company...for good and bad moments....please get married
    Husband: ...oh Shona...you are so sweet....even after death u r worrying about me...
    Husband: No..how can I... it has your memories attached I am sure she would want her own..
    That was going pretty good until the shoe size came up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Question

That is the Best Comment I have read in a very long time. See the previous POST. #11
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

When someone asks us how long we have been married, I say my wife has been happily married for 41 years. Then I start running!
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

NEVER get suckered into answering that question, it's right up there with
    "Does this dress make my butt look big" or do these pants make me look fat....
    You will never win even if your right....

Quote Originally Posted by Two cats View Post

Spyder Garage

Open mouth and insert foot is a lot of what I've done for the past 61 years. Think I would learn to think first. My brain tends to be late telling my mouth what to say. Life is a challenge. Good running shoes is a must.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Now that belongs in the joke forum!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Interesting perspectives, I am happy to say that my wife would only want me to be happy! If that meant living alone, or with someone else, or married to someone else, if I was happy after she was gone, that would give her peace!

That being said, it would be really hard for me to do, she is the absolute most wonderful person in the world, and I am a real PITA! I just couldn't imagine that I could find anyone that would make me happier! I am truly blessed!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Most all the good partners are coupled up right out of high school or college. Then for the next 50 + or - years the leftovers are bouncing around trying to partner up and failing left and right leaving their poor offspring with insecurity issues. When and only when one of the long time couples has the misfortune of losing their partner, they then become available for another partner, who has also suffered the same loss. I've seen these situations take place over and over proving that opposites do attract, but don't stay together long. Commitment seems to be a rare element in the world today.
    I never heard it expressed so clearly, but one of my friends refers to us as "The Leftovers".
    I've resisted the moniker, but I guess it fits me to a "T".
    That's a very disappointing thing to admit.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I never heard it expressed so clearly, but one of my friends refers to us as "The Leftovers".
    I've resisted the moniker, but I guess it fits me to a "T".
    That's a very disappointing thing to admit.
    I kinda like leftovers. Some things are better the second time around. No pun intended