Thread: BAD BOY HORN

Spyder Garage

Default BAD BOY HORN

My first Farkle!! (Other than what I took off of my 2013 RT-L) Installed it today on my 2017 RT-S, and man is it loud! Much louder than on my 2013 RT-L, as it is just inside the left grill under the left mirror, whereas on the 2013 it was buried somewhere behind the frunk. Couldn't use the "straps", for lack of a better word, that the OEM horn was mounted to, but fortunately I had a heavy offset bracket that worked great, so it is solidly mounted. The hardest part was snaking the wires to the battery, would have been much easier if I were a contortionist. In all, it took me about 3 hours. Happy I got it done, and happy to have it. Purchased it from Amazon (I'm a Prime member) on Friday, got it today with free shipping. Actually cheaper that Harbor Freight by a couple of bucks, but it was the free 2 day shipping that really sealed the deal.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

A good loud horn is a must on any vehicle.

I had a 150db train horn on Deb's old STL. Couldn't find a place for it to fit on her F3 when we sold the STL. Although, the horn on the F3 is pretty good. Deb never uses it anyways.

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Toot away ... 🔊🔊🔊 So now that you got the ball rolling what's next..???
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    A good loud horn is a must on any vehicle.

I had a 150db train horn on Deb's old STL. Couldn't find a place for it to fit on her F3 when we sold the STL. Although, the horn on the F3 is pretty good. Deb never uses it anyways.
    That's because when people see her coming, they get out of the way!!
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Toot away ... 🔊🔊🔊 So now that you got the ball rolling what's next..???
    Amber LED's on the mirrors next. Im considering the Lamonster Longhorn lights, as I like the way that they flash alternately from the OEM turn signals, and they act as running lights too. Also, not that expensive. The downside is lots of panel removal on both sides & the headlight cowl too in order to get to the plug to pull power from for the "plug & play" setup. Then again, I might do the real El Cheapo & buy 2 6" amber strips from Autozone and connect them inside the mirror like I did on my 2013 RT-L. My concern about that is hyperflash, (not an issue on the 2013) which I know can be fixed if I use the Lamonster setup, but not sure if that will be true if I go with the Autozone LED's. Advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Hey Dwight,

I have all aftermarket lights on Deb's bike hooked up to the signal lights. I never had any issue with hyper flash. If you do, just follow the directions to get rid of it.