Thread: Rt

Spyder Garage

Default Rt

I’ve only had my Can Am Spyders RT for two months purchased it from Sky Powersports in Lakeland Florida on June 21 it has been back to the shop three times when I first got it I told I call them that it was leaking all they came and got it said they repaired it I took it back to the shop on July 21 and the radiator reservoir was busted I don’t know how that got that way but it was in the shop for three weeks waiting on a part I got it back today rode it home Andpark it in the garage and a big oil puddle was up under my bike. This is my first bike I have a own and I am so Disappointed �� think I got a lemon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KatherineH; 08-09-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Needs to go back to dealer

That stinks that your initial experience has been sub par. I recommend taking back to dealer and when you get there ask them nicely if maybe “we” should involve brp at this time? Then follow up with an email to brp cares.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default New or used?

Was your Spyder new or used when purchased?

Is it still under warranty? If so take it back to the dealer ASAP.

You have been on this forum only for a short time - but if you follow the dialogue it is easy to tell that all dealers are not created equal with regards to their service departments. You are better to drive a few extra miles to get the Spyder to a shop with a good service track record.

Good luck - sorry for your troubles.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear that you’re having a bad experience with your Spyder. As others have suggested it may actually be a problem with the dealer. Are you close to Central Florida Powersports? They have a very good reputation for service and I would suggest you take it there.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Need a new dealer....

I see from your profile you have a 2012 RTL model therefore you got it used. You do need to have a good service department when you have an older model spyder as much of the work will no longer be waranty unless you have extended or other waranty. The resivior tank was a problem but a good dealer should have them in stock. You can get them form other sources in a few days. They should have checked the whole spyder for leaks....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default POOR DEALER SERVICE

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    So sorry to hear that you’re having a bad experience with your Spyder. As others have suggested it may actually be a problem with the dealer. Are you close to Central Florida Powersports? They have a very good reputation for service and I would suggest you take it there.
    ......... Spyders aren't perfect ( but I have bought three so far ) .....it really sounds more like a dealer service dept. issue a recommendation from Ann01 above is a good thing .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default those hose clamps ?

wondering if the knuckle head mechanic , did not check too see if this was bad hose clamps ...

Spyder Garage

Default What type of warranty

Did you get from the dealer? Since you bought it used from them, you should ask for a different used bike before you start pouring hundreds of dollars down the drain. Seems to me they should've gone over that bike top to bottom before they tried to sell it.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineH View Post
    I’ve only had my Can Am Spyders RT for two months purchased it from Sky Powersports in Lakeland Florida on June 21 it has been back to the shop three times when I first got it I told I call them that it was leaking all they came and got it said they repaired it I took it back to the shop on July 21 and the radiator reservoir was busted I don’t know how that got that way but it was in the shop for three weeks waiting on a part I got it back today rode it home Andpark it in the garage and a big oil puddle was up under my bike. This is my first bike I have a own and I am so Disappointed �� think I got a lemon.
    Sorry you are having trouble with the bike. You mention a broken radiator reservoir and then talk about oil leaking. Looking at the pix, its hard to say whether that is coolant or oil leaking on the floor. If it's oil, it's a different problem than what you brought it in for. Did you put your finger in the liquid to verify what it is? If it is oil, there is a removable panel that you can just pop off and shine a light in there and you may see where it is coming from. You should be familiar with how to check the oil level on this bike anyway, it's not something you should put off for months or years at a time or leave for the dealer to do. If you are unsure, you could ask a mechanically inclined family member or friend to help out? Good luck and dont give up.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Call Central Florida PowerSports

I believe Kissimmee, Fl is only about an hour away. Call them as they have a good Spyder reputation.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineH View Post
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I live in Lakeland, I have heard the stories coming from that shop, and they are not good. I know a Spyder RT rider here in Lakeland that bought from a reputable Clearwater dealer and was willing to ride there for service instead of buying locally here. I've also heard good reports from the Kissimmee dealer as mentioned in a previous post.