Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SENA 20s???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Sounds to me like you got some BLEMS or seconds on ebay that may be your trouble, also $350 is lower than dealer cost.
    try and return them for a set of number 1's
    Dave

They come up an Amazon direct at that price pretty regularly. Direct, not third party sales. Sena sells direct on Amazon as well as a marketplace seller. They sometimes have great deals too. Brand new sealed product with full warranty.

We have 3 sets of them. In pairs they are terrific. In group mode they are a constant problem of noise, dropped connections etc.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I am using the Freecom 2's ,once i git them figured out the work fine. Battery's last all day no problem , radio stations are weak about the same as the bike's radio . $ 300 Can at royal distributing ,should be a lot cheaper in the US ,
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Why?
    30k does not have blue tooth overlay, 20s evo does. You can't talk to other bikers as listen to music ect. On 30k.
    30k has mesh but does not work properly, you can here your music but it cuts out and you can't adjust the sensativity.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wing11 View Post
    30k does not have blue tooth overlay, 20s evo does. You can't talk to other bikers as listen to music ect. On 30k.
    30k has mesh but does not work properly, you can here your music but it cuts out and you can't adjust the sensativity.
    First I had heard of this. Thanks for posting. I had been considering purchasing a pair of the 30k units to give them a try. Sounds like they are a step backwards.

FYI, the best 20 series version is the original 20S, not the evo. The evo battery life is MUCH shorter in use. We have one pair of them and they die at about 8hrs where the 20s, even at 3 yrs old and lots of use make 12hrs on a charge easy. Either one charges in less than 2 hours.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have the 10u in a Schuberth helmet. Works great

Spyder Garage

My 20s is ok at best. 2 riders ok. 3 or more nothing but popcorn poping noise. Drives you insane. We tried everything to make them work. Sena replaced under warranty. Nada no better. We just deal with them until someone makes a better trouble free unit. Not holding my breath.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    FYI, the best 20 series version is the original 20S, not the evo. The evo battery life is MUCH shorter in use. We have one pair of them and they die at about 8hrs where the 20s, even at 3 yrs old and lots of use make 12hrs on a charge easy.
    Speaking of the 20s, I've been getting a "Last Chance" ad for Can-Am gear on Facebook the past few days, and decided to click through to see if anything was at a price that would indicate they really were trying to unload it.

Didn't find that price, but did see they had both the 2-packs and single packs of the Sena 20s available, at $549.99 and $299.99 respectively. Not a great price -- I got mine at $330 from Cycle Gear when they were closing them out, and I think Motorcycle Dave had them for less when he still had stock, but if you agree with JC (and me) that the 20s is superior, you might want to check it out:

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...st-chance.html
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I upgraded from the SENA 10 generation (SMH-10) to the 20s recently.
    I bought the 20s used from a member here.
    I really like the 20s. Much quicker connection of the intercom. Wind noise cancelation makes for a cleaner sound.
    I'm very happy with the units.
    I had considered upgrading to the 30s, but heard bad reports on the battery life.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

We have used the SMH-10's for at least 5 years now...We live in Florida, so they get regular use. Super good battery life and sound. Switched from the speakers in helmet to the ear bud headset. Much better with ear buds. I never miss a word my wife says (even though I would like to sometimes!) No issues with these units, so not replacing until they wear out. Good product, not so sure about the newer stuff...