Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    1. Is there any way to watch local news on it? My local stations offer apps, so can these be accessed thru the FireStick?

2. For $$$ apps such as Hulu, SlingTV, etc, what are their monthly charges billed to? (Is it done thru Amazon somehow?) And is there a way of knowing what they will charge AFTER the free trial period expires? And will it automatically roll into a "charging" status after the trial expires, or do you get a warning before it happens?

Thanks!
    As Rapid says, get an over the air digital antenna. Winegard makes good one. Go to https://antennaweb.org/Address to find out which direction and distance the local TV station transmitters are located. You need to point the antenna fairly close in the right direction.

As far as charges I believe most, if not all, charge your credit card directly. And they don't give you any warning when your trial expires. Why would they? They want your money and you already said when you signed up you'd let them charge you unless you cancel. Read the fine print and you'll be able to find how much they'll charge after the free trial. You should be able to find that pricing info just before you click on the "Stick it to me" button!!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    For recording you’d have to get a DVR still if I’m correct. I have a Channel Master to record off air programs, and it paid for itself within a few months. I really like Netflix, no commercials.
    No commercials sounds really good to me!

Would you have a link to which cable channels are available on Netflix? I can't find this type of info anywhere on their website.

Ideally, I'd like to see Netflix content included on this comparison spreadsheet.

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    No commercials sounds really good to me!

Would you have a link to which cable channels are available on Netflix? I can't find this type of info anywhere on their website.

Ideally, I'd like to see Netflix content included on this comparison spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Netflix does not offer cable channels. They have a library of content. Both licence and self produced. All on demand, no linear programming.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    As Rapid says, get an over the air digital antenna.
    No such thing as a digital antenna. Check out the RF frequencies the surrounding stations are using and buy either a UHF or VHF (or combo) antenna. Most TV stations now broadcast in the UHF range.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSpyder View Post
    No such thing as a digital antenna. Check out the RF frequencies the surrounding stations are using and buy either a UHF or VHF (or combo) antenna. Most TV stations now broadcast in the UHF range.
    Antennas designed specifically for receiving digital TV signals on the currently available VHF and UHF frequencies are commonly referred to as digital TV antennas. I suppose I should have referred to them as digital TV antennas.

From this page.http://www.winegard.com/flatwave?q=offair
    Watch More Free HDTV Content
    FlatWave antennas provide the maximum content available in your area. FlatWave digital TV antennas are capable of receiving both VHF and UHF signal from up to 60 miles away.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)