Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect and Genius Maps

Is there anyone out there who has had some success with Genius Maps? I can get the map to display just fine, and destinations show me the turns and everything needed to get to where I'm going. The problem I'm having is that I can not hear the voice guidance. As I approach a turn the radio mutes as (I think) it should, and I can hear a faint voice which must be giving instructions. It sounds like it is coming from one of the external speakers. Shouldn't I be able to hear these instructions in my headsets? Everything is paired bluetooth-wise. Phone to Sena headset, phone to BRP Connect, and Sena headset to BRP Connect. What am I doing wrong? Volumes are at maximum. Maybe I shouldn't have the radio playing at the same time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    Is there anyone out there who has had some success with Genius Maps? I can get the map to display just fine, and destinations show me the turns and everything needed to get to where I'm going. The problem I'm having is that I can not hear the voice guidance. As I approach a turn the radio mutes as (I think) it should, and I can hear a faint voice which must be giving instructions. It sounds like it is coming from one of the external speakers. Shouldn't I be able to hear these instructions in my headsets? Everything is paired bluetooth-wise. Phone to Sena headset, phone to BRP Connect, and Sena headset to BRP Connect. What am I doing wrong? Volumes are at maximum. Maybe I shouldn't have the radio playing at the same time.
    Genius Maps audio. It's a problem and I recently upgraded the dash firmware to 13.20 in the hope it would fix that. But it did not. Still worth getting if you have not. Lots of other stuff fixed or improved. Most of the time on my F3L with android phone. Any audio from genius map, most of the time put the volume at full and lockup the audio controls. Occasionally instead will put the volume at zero and lockup the audio. So now if I want to use genius maps. I start it on my phone first and mute the volume. Then it will not lock up the audio. As far as I know no one has gotten around this problem. It would be nice to get the map audio. Maybe soon.

You should not pair the headset with the phone. That will cause problems. The sena headset needs to be paired with the dash only.
    Last edited by billybovine; 08-08-2018 at 01:38 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Sena headset and phone

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Genius Maps audio. It's a problem and I recently upgraded the dash firmware to 13.20 in the hope it would fix that. But it did not. Still worth getting if you have not. Lots of other stuff fixed or improved. Most of the time on my F3L with android phone. Any audio from genius map, most of the time put the volume at full and lockup the audio controls. Occasionally instead will put the volume at zero and lockup the audio. So now if I want to use genius maps. I start it on my phone first and mute the volume. Then it will not lock up the audio. As far as I know no one has gotten around this problem. It would be nice to get the map audio. Maybe some.

You should not pair the headset with the phone. That will cause problems. The sena headset needs to be paired with the dash only.
    Thank you for that last tip. I didn't know that. I'll unpair my phone from the Sena today and see if there is an improvement.

Spyder Garage

Hello @amkkrat, We are sorry to hear that you are unable to hear your gps giving the instructions. If you should require further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out out to via email at brp.care@brp.com or via phone at 1-888-272-9222. We would be happy to investigate this concern and see what assistance we can offer. Thanks, Stephanie - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hello @amkkrat, We are sorry to hear that you are unable to hear your gps giving the instructions. If you should require further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out out to via email at brp.care@brp.com or via phone at 1-888-272-9222. We would be happy to investigate this concern and see what assistance we can offer. Thanks, Stephanie - BRPcare
    Fat chance as anytime most of us have tried communicating with BRP Care we get the “Talk to your dealer” response. My dealer doesn’t know squat about the bike and wouldn’t be able to help with any of the new dash problems.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Unhappy BRP Care

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Fat chance as anytime most of us have tried communicating with BRP Care we get the “Talk to your dealer” response. My dealer doesn’t know squat about the bike and wouldn’t be able to help with any of the new dash problems.
    I hear you! I have corresponded with them several times, and it always comes down to "see your dealer". I talked to my service manager about this the other day, and he said " You know more about this than we do. We just haven't had time to familiarize ourselves with this new technology yet".
    You watch! The '19's will come out with all of this fixed, and for only $400 we will be able to upgrade our systems to make everything work like it should have all along! Argh!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Genius Map Issues

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Stephanie,

Thanks for your response. It is refreshing to know that someone from the mothership is actually reading these posts and offering assistance. We have such little help out here in the field. Our dealers generally don't have the knowledge or experience with the new digital instrumentation, and written owner's manuals, as well as the on-line tutorials only briefly describe what's there. We need detailed instructions on how to use this equipment. And, please don't pass the buck on to the dealers with our questions. They DON'T KNOW! I'd be happy to visit with you about these issues. My phone number is 402-669-4754. Maybe together we can build a relationship of knowledge and information sharing that will make all of us out here better prepared to operate our Can-Am Spyders without having so many questions and frustrations.

Mick

Spyder Garage

Default Correct Sens 30K settings?

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I don't mean to hijack the thread (he said as he did it anyway...), but I just got a new helmet to replace my old C3, and I also got the Sena 30K. It has 4 possible Bluetooth pairings: 'Phone pairing', 'Second phone pairing', 'Hands free profile', and 'A2DP profile'. Any idea which one would work best on the 2018 RTL with BRP Connect and Genius Maps?

Again, apologies for the interruption.

- Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by macbates View Post
    I don't mean to hijack the thread (he said as he did it anyway...), but I just got a new helmet to replace my old C3, and I also got the Sena 30K. It has 4 possible Bluetooth pairings: 'Phone pairing', 'Second phone pairing', 'Hands free profile', and 'A2DP profile'. Any idea which one would work best on the 2018 RTL with BRP Connect and Genius Maps?

- Ken
    Mines paired with the bike set as primary phone. My phone is paired to the bike. I’ve read where some people also paired the phone to the headset, but I didn’t try that combination

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by macbates View Post

- Ken
    I hope you don't get a brain freeze here. I don't know the specs of the 30K. So I will put it in terms of my SMH10. It has 3 BT radios. Some folks call them slots. One is A2DP. That is for stereo audio to the headset. No mic audio out. The 2 other radios are HFP. That's mono audio to the headset and mic audio out. So primary phone uses both a A2DP slot and a HFP radio slot. That leaves a HFP slot that can be used for something else. A stand alone gps maybe. That maybe what they're calling the secondary phone. So to get all the functions of the 2018 dash. It should be paired as the primary phone.

Double check with the 30K instructions to make sure I am right.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I hear you! I have corresponded with them several times, and it always comes down to "see your dealer". I talked to my service manager about this the other day, and he said " You know more about this than we do. We just haven't had time to familiarize ourselves with this new technology yet".
    You watch! The '19's will come out with all of this fixed, and for only $400 we will be able to upgrade our systems to make everything work like it should have all along! Argh!!!

No, it will not be a $400 upgrade. It will be buy a new bike if you want the new features you THOUGHT you were promised on the previous model.

You buy a bike for what it does, not for what it may do in the future. Do not expect the 2018s to ever do much more than they currently do. A few bug fixes sure but not much else. I have been there and done that with systems from many oems and it always plays out the same.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Limited 10 year anniversary

Brp has given the run a round since April 18 I purchased 2 Apps,upgraded my cell phone ( no refund ) dealer does what they can . Now either go with remote GPS or call Harley and ask them how put a GPS in bike that works .

Spyder Garage

Default Phone vs Email

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I've had the same experience with BRP. When I phoned them, it was contact your dealership. However, when I contacted them by email AND explained the problem in DETAIL, they got actively involved. ( I think intercommunications with their peers at that level are a little sketchy) but I stayed on top of it and the issue was resolved with their assistance. I believe there are some committed BRP CSRs in the organization!!!
    2016 RT Limited, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Comfort Seat, Wizard LED Accent Lights; Ultimate Trailer;(had) 2012 Spyder RT, Seal Floorboards, 2006 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1989 Yamaha 850 Special, Sena SMH10 Dual Headsets, ZOX Modular Helmet; Guardian Angel on my shoulder!

Spyder Garage

Hi, I just purchased a 2019 RT and cannot get any audio through my helmet. I have a Schuberth C3 with Sena headset. On the dash the helmet shows up connected and I have selected the audio out to “Helmets” as opposed to “speakers” but the only audio I hear from Genius maps is coming from the RT speakers only and nothing through my helmet. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue. Many thanks for any assistance you can give me. Absolutely love my new Spyder.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello SilverSurfer1 you might want to look at this thread https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ht=BRP+connect it was the last time I remember talk about that app. I'm not sure what virsion you have of BRP connect but you should check yours. the last update was a few weeks ago it was 20.8 and it corrected a lot of issues, your dealer can update it for you if you don't already have it.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder thank you for that link. I don’t have the very latest version 20.8 but as I’m a good distance from my dealer I was hoping I might be able to sort it out. Thank you for your help.

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer1 View Post
    CopperSpyder thank you for that link. I don’t have the very latest version 20.8 but as I’m a good distance from my dealer I was hoping I might be able to sort it out. Thank you for your help.
    You need to get the update. I purchased a new 2018 RT a few weeks ago, and my dealer hadn't updated it to the new version 20.8 firmware because for whatever reason their computers did not indicate the update was FOR any RT's, when it actually was. Once they plugged in my RT with the cables they use to check for/do updates, it showed my RT needed the update. It solves several of the "I can't get or stay connected" issues with the BRP app. I would highly recommend you get the update and THEN see if you have any continuing problems after that. The older version of the firmware is "broken" when it comes to the BRP app, and that is not (or at least shouldn't be) a secret to anybody with a 2018 or later RT with the digital dash. Note your dealer may not be at fault. Their computers may NOT indicate your RT should be updated to 20.8, and that is/was a disconnect between BRP and the dealer's databases for the RT's. Get your dealer to "plug in" the update cables to your RT, and the dashboard should then indicate you require the update.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Thanks FalconAF I will contact my dealer about the update. Many thanks for the information.

Spyder Garage

Bought my RTSE6 two days ago. The Average MPG does not work...always reads 70 and wont reset. I read on this forum that others had this problem and that a firmware /SW upgrade would fix. Took to dealer and they tried to update but said they had the wrong USB cable. BRP supposedly told them they need a non data USB cable that they should have received...no luck. BRP is supposedly sending them the new cable so they can do updates...does any of this make sense? I have never heardof a non data USb cable.

Spyder Garage

They need two cables to do updates.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    Bought my RTSE6 two days ago. The Average MPG does not work...always reads 70 and wont reset. I read on this forum that others had this problem and that a firmware /SW upgrade would fix. Took to dealer and they tried to update but said they had the wrong USB cable. BRP supposedly told them they need a non data USB cable that they should have received...no luck. BRP is supposedly sending them the new cable so they can do updates...does any of this make sense? I have never heardof a non data USb cable.
    Well there is a misunderstanding or BS here. There was such a thing as a charge only usb cable and that is definitely not what you want. The dash is flashed through the usb cable so of course it has to be a data cable!! What the dealer needs is a usb cable with a A male to male A usb cable. If there laptop usb port is an A and most still are. If they a brand new laptop. They may need a male A to a male C usb cable. I bought one at a local electronics store for $4.99. I have flashed my dash twice with it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I just bought 2019 RTL on 10/1/19 and I have tried everything I can think of to hear the voice guidance through the speaker and a Cardo helmet bluetooth system. No luck!

Spyder Garage

My sound used to work. I did not update the bike software. I did update the programs. I believe the problerm is with BRP Connect or Genius

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    I just bought 2019 RTL on 10/1/19 and I have tried everything I can think of to hear the voice guidance through the speaker and a Cardo helmet bluetooth system. No luck!
    You need to not be in the BRP Connect screen but the main volume screen. When you are listening to music and it all goes silent you will see the orange volume turn yellow and see the work "Announcement" That is when you can adjust the volume of the GPS. Also, make sure the phone volume it up and the GPS app is up.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red