Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Is This Tire Suitablr for my F3-T?.....

....as a rear tire?

I have one Uniroyal Touring Track P205/60 R15 90H M+S tire that came off of my sister's car after very little mileage. (Maybe 1 - 2000 miles). It's probably 4 years old.

Will this fit my Spyder as a rear tire? I'm thinking that I'll need to get new tires for the Spyder next year, and I want to switch to car tires when the time comes. Would this tire be suitable? (I don't speak "tire" so don't know what all the numbers mean.)

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    ....as a rear tire?

I have one Uniroyal Touring Track P205/60 R15 90H M+S tire that came off of my sister's car after very little mileage. (Maybe 1 - 2000 miles). It's probably 4 years old.

Will this fit my Spyder as a rear tire? I'm thinking that I'll need to get new tires for the Spyder next year, and I want to switch to car tires when the time comes. Would this tire be suitable? (I don't speak "tire" so don't know what all the numbers mean.)

Thanks!
    The size should fit, the M + S means Mud and Snow. I would still buy a new one that is proven on a Spyder for around $100- that isn't already 4 years old! The cost is really on mounting
    the tire anyway so get a new one....my2cents!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Will IT Fit ???

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    ....as a rear tire?

Thanks!
    I can't find any testing that has been done on that tire ............ But yes it will fit .......good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree with Jeffmal. Don't cheap oout with a four year old tire. You can get a General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 for $77-78 from Wally World or Amazon, respectively, with free shipping from either if you have Amazon Prime.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I agree with Jeffmal. Don't cheap oout with a four year old tire. You can get a General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 for $77-78 from Wally World or Amazon, respectively, with free shipping from either if you have Amazon Prime.
    ^^THIS. For the price, the GA is a great tire, inexpensive and already proven on Spyders
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I like the look of the wide grooves...

https://simpletire.com/uniroyal-p205-60r15-15921-tires

Your call and as others have said, it'll fit... Havent ever tried a Uniroyal, and as BlueKnight says no testing, but its bound to be worth a try if its in good shape. I'd try it....JMHO
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

I agree it will fit. But I would not use it. Mud and Snow tread is not what you want. You want a tire that excels at shedding water as the biggest tire issue you will have with the Spyder is hydroplaning. So unless you plan to never ride in any wet conditions. An S-Drive or similar is a much better choice.

Most good water shedding tires will be directional.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I agree it will fit. But I would not use it. Mud and Snow tread is not what you want. You want a tire that excels at shedding water as the biggest tire issue you will have with the Spyder is hydroplaning. So unless you plan to never ride in any wet conditions. An S-Drive or similar is a much better choice.

Most good water shedding tires will be directional.
    Ron ...I love you man ....but .... As far as Hydroplaning goes an M & S tire more than likely would shed water better, however there is a big trade-off when using one ...on dry roads they will have LESS traction by more than a little bit ...... I know folks here think Directional tires are Waaaaay better than the non-directional type ...10 years ago that might have been a slight difference but today not so much..... I've read quite a few articles by people who do testing for this type of difference and frankly I wouldn't choose Directional tires as a criteria in my BEST tire evaluation ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

yokohama s drive 95.00 free shipping 8.00 to mount + Lamonster wheel balancer , but free is free!!!!