Spyder Garage

Default Need exhaust advice....

Hello all, I am new to Spyder's and have a new to me 2015 RT-S Special Series with 1800 miles. I absolutely love it and I've been putting on miles almost every day on it.

What I'm looking for is a more powerful sounding exhaust note. I don't want it to sound like a Honda Civic, or a Harley for that matter, but the Akrapovic exhaust vids I've heard don't seem to really wake it up much. The Lamonster Pipe seems to help, but I don't want to deafen my wife or the neighborhood either. I don't want to loose the low end torque either, so I know that's kind of a hard puzzle to put together.

So what else should I look at? 2 Bros? Stock slip on w/Lamonster pipe? A Combo of one or the other? There don't seem to be many choices out there for the RT, unless I'm missing some?

Thanks all!

Spyder Garage

You've pretty much noted your options. I put on Lamonster's Cat Delete pipe and it increased the sound slightly. I suggest you try and find a Spyder with a sound you like because you never know what you're getting until you hear it "live", either on your bike or on another. I like 2-Bros exhausts in general, but this means nothing unless you do.

Rob

ps: I added a horn from Hell and everyone hears me when I need them to!
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post
    Hello all, I am new to Spyder's and have a new to me 2015 RT-S Special Series with 1800 miles. I absolutely love it and I've been putting on miles almost every day on it.

What I'm looking for is a more powerful sounding exhaust note. I don't want it to sound like a Honda Civic, or a Harley for that matter, but the Akrapovic exhaust vids I've heard don't seem to really wake it up much. The Lamonster Pipe seems to help, but I don't want to deafen my wife or the neighborhood either. I don't want to loose the low end torque either, so I know that's kind of a hard puzzle to put together.

So what else should I look at? 2 Bros? Stock slip on w/Lamonster pipe? A Combo of one or the other? There don't seem to be many choices out there for the RT, unless I'm missing some?

Thanks all!
    you WILL get lots of opinions on this topic for sure..! Lots of choices for you to consider and a lot of good quality sounding pipes out there. For me I talked to this guy and read his background on his website and decided on purchasing a pipe from him. Check spydermanexhaust.com
    Read his story and give him a call if your interested in chatting with him. Him and his wife and great Christian people and very open and honest. I like doing business with people like that. Just my humble opinion
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm tired of discussing exhausts.

You might say that I'm...………… exhausted!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder1attitude exhausts. nice sound with the catdelete pipe also, and not too pricey.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So what else should I look at?
    Leave it alone.
    Most of the modded pipes I've heard on Spyders either sound like a "fart can" on a Honda or a lawn mower with straight pipes.

AND....modifying your exhaust to make more noise is ILLEGAL.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all!
    Check out RLS Exhaust. Risky Sutton makes a great slip on muffler that changes the sound dramatically. Gives the RT 1330 a nice deep tone without being obnoxiously loud. The OEM Cat stays on so there aren't any left over noxious fumes. Cost for me was $360.00 with my EMS/Firefighter discount. Had it installed while at Spyderfest this year. Love it!!
    Last edited by Mazo EMS2; 08-06-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I went with Cat Delete and Akrapovic combo.
    I remember one rider who bought those as well as two other aftermarket and eventually reverted back to stock as he couldn't find the right note on his 1330, so it really is "to each, our own"
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default RLS EXHAUST

Look up

RLSexhaust.com

Ricky will take care of you. He has a new cat delete that has a resonator in it for deeper tone(plus the performance part and its way lighter than the original cat) ....He also has 4 to 5 different mufflers if you want to keep your cat. He was at Spyderfest for the first time this year, sold everything he had....Check it out, I'm very pleased with the sound of mine.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Leave it alone.
    Most of the modded pipes I've heard on Spyders either sound like a "fart can" on a Honda or a lawn mower with straight pipes.

AND....modifying your exhaust to make more noise is ILLEGAL.
    If that were the case the police could ticket almost every Harley Rider on the road and fix all of the pot holes in every city.

Spyder Garage

RLS seems to be the way to go. From his vids his pipes aren't as "rice-y" as others I've heard and more of a deep growl which is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the advice!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If that were the case the police could ticket almost every Harley Rider on the road and fix all of the pot holes in every city.
    Just because they don't bother to enforce it, does NOT mean that it is any less illegal......or less obnoxious.

If bikers can get away with it, why can't EVERYBODY ??

Think about the streets and roads if every car and truck had no mufflers on them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Just because they don't bother to enforce it, does NOT mean that it is any less illegal......or less obnoxious.

If bikers can get away with it, why can't EVERYBODY ??

Think about the streets and roads if every car and truck had no mufflers on them.
    Agreed, I'm not ever going to run without a muffler but I know lots of guys who unpack theirs or run with straight pipes and have done it for years. I'm not one of those guys....just some tuning to make it a little meaner.

Spyder Garage

RLS seems to be the way to go. From his vids his pipes aren't as "rice-y" as others I've heard and more of a deep growl which is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the advice!
    You'll be happy with it.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White