Spyder Garage

Default BELT TENSIONER RT

Good or not good, tell me your opinion 800_6d6b31ca9b87171c24491c40143adb190c1c4397.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtlimited View Post
    Good or not good, tell me your opinion 800_6d6b31ca9b87171c24491c40143adb190c1c4397.jpg
    I cannot give you my opinion as I do not use this one. But looking at advise on spyderlovers, I do not see this product has being rated or having comments on it.
    however, lot of person are using this one:

https://www.roadsterrenovations.info/products

look similar but different brand.
    Ride safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I have one....

Good! As long as you install it properly.

Spyder Garage

Unnecessary with the correct belt tension and alignment, but a lot of folks use em and really like em.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default that device

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Unnecessary with the correct belt tension and alignment, but a lot of folks use em and really like em.
    ...... My belt tension is at 160lbs on the KritKit gauge ..... I have NO VIBES ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

roadster renovations. get one and you wont have to ask whether good or not.
    and excellent service too. look on the home page. they are a site sponsor too.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Cool Found it Useful

I have the Rivco one installed (by my dealer). I could tell a big difference at 70 mph.
    LuLu

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtlimited View Post
    Not many comments or posts here or on some of the FB groups regarding Spyder Extras products.

There is one FB group managed by the owners of Spyder Extras, that may not be a good place to obtain an opinion that is unbiased.

As another post stated, proper belt alignment and tension, it can reduce or eliminate vibration from the belt when done correctly and no tensioner is needed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Not many comments or posts here or on some of the FB groups regarding Spyder Extras products.

There is one FB group managed by the owners of Spyder Extras, that may not be a good place to obtain an opinion that is unbiased.

As another post stated, proper belt alignment and tension, it can reduce or eliminate vibration from the belt when done correctly and no tensioner is needed.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Go with Doc Humphreys at www.roadsterrenovations.com and you wont go wrong. Excellent product, excellent service, ans EXCELLENT people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    Go with Doc Humphreys at www.roadsterrenovations.com and you wont go wrong. Excellent product, excellent service, ans EXCELLENT people.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

It is very expensive to get Doc's tensioner here in Canada ,with the price of shipping and the exchange on the dollar .So i just installed the BRP one ,$ 56.48 total shipped to my door ,20 min to install .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

the brp one has issues with the bearings in the pulley,you will most likely need to replace the assy in approx 5000kay if you do highway criusing speeds.the idea is ok but the bearing/design of the bearing location is poor.run it untill you get freeplay in the end pulley,dont wait until the bearings fail or you could damage a very exspensive drive belt

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    It is very expensive to get Doc's tensioner here in Canada ,with the price of shipping and the exchange on the dollar .So i just installed the BRP one ,$ 56.48 total shipped to my door ,20 min to install .
    Slightly confused. The blue bike in the photo is an RT series. Has Can Am started offering tensioners for the RT now?

In the other topic, it was suggested to lower the belt tension on your bike. Was the dealer unable to find the lower spec service bulletin and readjust it for you?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Slightly confused. The blue bike in the photo is an RT series. Has Can Am started offering tensioners for the RT now?

In the other topic, it was suggested to lower the belt tension on your bike. Was the dealer unable to find the lower spec service bulletin and readjust it for you?
    Yes you can buy the tensioner for the RT ,i just installed mine .They were to replace the rear pulley yesterday,and lower tension ,but when i picked up the bike the mechanic was gone for lunch so i do not know what he did .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Yes you can buy the tensioner for the RT ,i just installed mine .They were to replace the rear pulley yesterday,and lower tension ,but when i picked up the bike the mechanic was gone for lunch so i do not know what he did .
    Looks like this is the Can Am RT tensioner Part Number, 219800419. Never noticed they started offering them, or at least do not recall them offering it. Seems with so many variations and manufacturers plus most of us do not run a tensioner, just lower belt tension it was not important to me.

Hope it works well and lass for you. I have seen some misery photos of failed BRP tensioners, but on the flipside, the aftermarket ones are kind of expensive. Almost expensive enough to keep replacing BRP tensioners frequently.

Spyder Garage

does brp list this in the parts breakdowns or is it listed elsewhere on their
    site? just wondering. i am happy with docs.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We were the first one to ever install a vibration damper on the RT. BRP told us for years that there wasn't enough clearance to install one. I imagine there were some red-faced engineers at BRP when they saw this video:

That was Nov 2016. We have been refining our Vibration Dampers since then. We have had some of the springs fail on a few units. I never liked that spring design. We now have a completely new spring design engineered to not break. We have got rid of that short 90, increased the spring arm on that end and used the bracket base as a resting point. What this will do is lengthen the area where the force is applied instead of concentrating it on one little 90 degree turn of the wire.

Spring 3.jpg
    Spring 2.jpg
    Spring 1.jpg

We still offer 2 years on the roller and one year on the rest of the unit. You might want to check what the competitors are offering. Also, with the exception of the BRP unit ours are cheaper than anyone else as far as I know.

Spyder Garage

I have this model. Very nice upgrade from the BRP model. Very nice aluminum machining with dual bearings. I would highly recommend.