Spyder Garage

Default Comfort Seat Now Comfortable

I recently purchased a 2016 RT-S and the comfort seat was not at all comfortable. Actually, it gave me a nagging backache. My first stab at a fix was the Utopia back rest. This helped a little but the upright bar on the backrest was positioned so far back that it stopped my lovely passenger from riding. Contacted a local welder and he cut off the upright bar and moved it one inch forward. That solved the passenger problem but the seat for me was still not right. It seemed to me the foam was too soft and I sunk down too far which made me slouch. So I took it to Lee at New Image in Myrtle Beach SC (phone 717-495-9934). He has a lot of experience in making bad motorcycle seats good. Basically, he did the following. He put in new harder foam and then built the seat up so that now there is only about a one inch rise from the seat to top of the seat ledge. The results were nothing short of miraculous. Not only did the Utopia backrest hit me in better spot but now I had much more leg extension because I sit higher. I'm 6 feet with 32 inch inseam. Last week I rode the 5 hrs to Hendersonville NC, had lunch and then rode another 4 hrs with no problems. Cost of the New Image modification was about $220.
    If you have the comfort seat this is the way to go.

Spyder Garage

Sounds great! How about some photos?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red