Thread: No Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Default No Turn Signals

I rode my 2011 RSS to work today and realized I have no turn signals. I have checked the Fuse and my 4 way hazards work, what could it be? Does a switch go bad like that?

Thanks in advance, Luke

Spyder Garage

So the hazards work. That means a good fuse. The gauge cluster is fine and the wiring going to the lights is good. So the problem is in the left handlebar controls or the wiring from or to it. First thing is see if the ground is connected on that circuit. Does the horn work? If no they both share the same ground wire. Look there. If yes. My best guess are the switches in the left handlebar.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I am not sure about your F3, but on my RT, the left-hand switch assembly is partially individual switches and partially a canbus module. I would try checking every switch on that left-hand side assembly and see which ones work and which ones don’t.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    I am not sure about your F3, but on my RT, the left-hand switch assembly is partially individual switches and partially a canbus module. I would try checking every switch on that left-hand side assembly and see which ones work and which ones don’t.
    The OP has 2011 RS. The turn signals controls are not on the Canbus.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default The horn Works

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    So the hazards work. That means a good fuse. The gauge cluster is fine and the wiring going to the lights is good. So the problem is in the left handlebar controls or the wiring from or to it. First thing is see if the ground is connected on that circuit. Does the horn work? If no they both share the same ground wire. Look there. If yes. My best guess are the switches in the left handlebar.
    The horn does work. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Test switch

Can I short across the wires and bypass the switch? If so does anyone know the wire colors and which wire does what?

thanks in advance, Luke

Spyder Garage

Default Caution

From your exchange with Billybovine you know the bulbs, flasher, fuse and wiring are all good. It is my understanding that the flasher is built into the instrument cluster and if it fails you will have to replace the whole cluster. Jumping switches is not the best way to go if you don't disconnect the cluster. Find the turn signal switch connector and test the switch for continuity.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is a connector identified on the wiring diagram a MSL. It is between the left multifunction control and the cluster. Find it. It should be under the upper body work somewhere. Follow the harness until you find it. Split that connector. The black wire is the common ground. Using a ohm meter. Test between the black wire and white with green tracer. When the signal switch is toggle to the left. There should continuity. Test between the black and white with yellow tracer. That should have continuity when toggled to the right. Test between the black and the green with brown tracer. That should have continuity when switch is pressed straight in.

wiring rs.jpg

2018 F3 LIMITED