Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    They initially told me about 2.5 hours, it ended being just shy of 2.
    Thank you very much. My dealer opens in a couple hours, I’ll call to make the appointment. Now I know what to expect, thank you very much.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. Upshifting is fine. Downshifting, and in particular, shifting into neutral or reverse requires a lot of pressure on the minus paddle. My service manager says that he submitted an inquiry to BRP about this but hasn't heard back. I may have to tell him what I have learned here. Thanks for the info.
    this is a known issue on the 2018's. BRP knows about it and is replacing them as they occur. My dealer in Atlantic, IA has already ordered the replacement paddle shifter for my Spyder - just haven't taken the time to get it done? Mine seems to shift OK, but a bit of struggle once in a while when shifting to reverse...
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Default Good thing you’re covered BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    this is a known issue on the 2018's. BRP knows about it and is replacing them as they occur. My dealer in Atlantic, IA has already ordered the replacement paddle shifter for my Spyder - just haven't taken the time to get it done? Mine seems to shift OK, but a bit of struggle once in a while when shifting to reverse...
    BIG F
    Apparently I have to bring mine in for service befoe they will order the part. BRP said my VIN is showing it wasn’t part of the recall, even though I have an 2018 RTL. So I have to bring it in for dealer to confirm the problem, then wait for part to be delivered to dealer & installed. Since this is a known problem you’d think all 2018’s were covered. Frustrating.
    Thanks everyone.

Spyder Garage

Can someone message me the bulletin, my 2018 RTL stopped downshifting with the paddle button yesterday,
    need to send this to the dealer involved. So parts can be ordered ASAP.
    Thanks all

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Warranty bulletin 2018-5.

From post #12 in this thread.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Coveuser View Post
    Can someone message me the bulletin, my 2018 RTL stopped downshifting with the paddle button yesterday,
    need to send this to the dealer involved. So parts can be ordered ASAP.
    Thanks all
    You can start by calling BRP so they can search your VIN. I can’t manually downshift, no N or R but according to BRP, my VIN isn’t listed for the Warranty Bulletin. So I had to drop it off last Monday for dealer to “diagnose “.... hope you don’t have the same problem, they wouldn’t order the part till I dropped it off. Haven’t heard anything yet, gonna call them soon. Got 2 charity rides this weekend. Missed last weekends, hoping not to miss this weekends. Best of luck!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 Shifter Update.

Last Monday (11/12/19) I had to bring my 2018 RTL back to the dealer for diagnosing my shifting problem. Even though this is a known problem w 2018’s, BRP said it wasn’t recalling my VIN and I had to bring it to dealer for diagnosis before they could order new part. It’s been in the shop for a week so I just called for an update..... looks like I was right, need my Left Hand Multifunction Switch replaced. But apparently my dealer didn’t put in the order until Thursday so I have to keep waiting for part to be delivered. They said it takes 3-5 days to receive part, so I may not get her back till Friday.
    This is my first Can Am, is this type of long turn around normal? I’ve had recalls w my boat, cars etc and it’s never taken more than 24-48hrs to get repaired. Never thought I’d have to wait 1-2 weeks to fix a brand new $30k machine. I’d like to know if this is normal for BRP/Can Am products. I was going to preorder a Ryker next month and my daughter wants a jet ski. But now I’m thinking about waiting a few years on Ryker and have heard great things about Yamaha jet skis. I’d appreciate any feedback from those who’ve owned Spyder a while and have had recalls/major repairs. Thank you.

And for those of u with 2018’s...as soon as you notice that it will not manually downshift every time you hit the paddle, I strongly recommend u call BRP ASAP to see if your VIN is listed. And if not, go to your dealer ASAP. It progressively gets worse until you can no longer downshift at all and completely lose N or R. Just a heads up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Last Monday (11/12/19) I had to bring my 2018 RTL back to the dealer for diagnosing my shifting problem. Even though this is a known problem w 2018’s, BRP said it wasn’t recalling my VIN and I had to bring it to dealer for diagnosis before they could order new part. It’s been in the shop for a week so I just called for an update..... looks like I was right, need my Left Hand Multifunction Switch replaced. But apparently my dealer didn’t put in the order until Thursday so I have to keep waiting for part to be delivered. They said it takes 3-5 days to receive part, so I may not get her back till Friday.
    This is my first Can Am, is this type of long turn around normal? I’ve had recalls w my boat, cars etc and it’s never taken more than 24-48hrs to get repaired. Never thought I’d have to wait 1-2 weeks to fix a brand new $30k machine. I’d like to know if this is normal for BRP/Can Am products. I was going to preorder a Ryker next month and my daughter wants a jet ski. But now I’m thinking about waiting a few years on Ryker and have heard great things about Yamaha jet skis. I’d appreciate any feedback from those who’ve owned Spyder a while and have had recalls/major repairs. Thank you.

And for those of u with 2018’s...as soon as you notice that it will not manually downshift every time you hit the paddle, I strongly recommend u call BRP ASAP to see if your VIN is listed. And if not, go to your dealer ASAP. It progressively gets worse until you can no longer downshift at all and completely lose N or R. Just a heads up.
    There is not recall. There is Warranty Bulletin 2018-5 issued for this problem. Again this is not a recall for anybody. Let me guess you called the dealer and told them there was a recall. They keyed in your VIN and told you there is no recall and they are correct. The left multifunction control is to be replaced for anyone having a problem as per the warranty bulletin. Most dealers would have ordered the part after your phone call. Then diagnosed for sure when you came in. But it appears yours did not. How long it takes your dealer to get a part can vary. If they order everyday it should only take a couple business days. But if your dealer only orders once a week. Then it could take a while, depending on their cycle.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

No, I didn’t call them and say it was a recall. They did my 3k service the first week of October, I told them I started noticing the problem and showed them the “Warranty Bulletin 2018-0005” (pic I posted above). They ran my vin, said it wasn’t coming up. That my machine was fine. I even called BRP, they said same thing. My VIN was fine. After it completely failed I was told to bring it in. Really wish they were able to order the part a few weeks ago, that way I could of brought it to service when part was in. It’s about 1-1.5hr ride to dealer. All highways, and I live on Long Island so the temp keeps dropping.

Spyder Garage

Last post here was in November, l just had my 2018 f3 stop down shifting and it won't go into reverse at all. Has there been any up date on this problem? Thanks, Widowryder.

Spyder Garage

Not to be a stiff neck about this, but you have a 2018 model and you also know about the warranty bulletin. Get your Spyder to the dealer and demand they fix it, even if they have to come get it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

It's not just the '18s I have a '15 RT-S se6 that developed a problem this past Sept at about 32k miles it locked up in 6th gear and would not down shift. After a month in the dealers shop changing out a number of modules and the electronic dash (not the new '18 dash) which reset my mileage to 0. This fixed it for about 900 miles. They only were working with one of my keys to do all this and when I tried to move the bike one day with the spare key I got a D.E.S.S. error. Went and got my every day key and it work fine to move the bike. An hour later I left to go for a ride and only got about 3.5 miles and bike went into limp home mode and shut down. Had to get it towed to dealer again. It sat there the whole month of Nov. till they finished other peoples "winterizing" work Took them another 2 weeks to get my bike "fixed". I got it home and drove it about another 25 miles total and it locked up in 6th gear again. It is now been another month in their shop. They have replaced every sensor, module, and all but the main motor wiring harnesses that is on the bike. basically almost everything that electricity goes through on the bike. They say they have put about 8000.00 worth of "fixes" into it so far. All warranty work. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get it back in working order.

Spyder Garage

Just had mine done today! Thanks billybovine as always and to the point!!
    Dealer had the left control assembly in stock and under warranty we'll see tomorrow if all is better.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I must have lucked out. My 2018 started having repetitive parking brake failures early on, so the fix was to replace the left hand switch pack, which I believe included the shift switch. Smooth shifting and no brake problems since. Must have killed 2 birds with one stone so to speak.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Just got home in this cold 48 degree day and it shifts great now. Paddle is very responsive now.

Thanks everybody for this information!!!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue