Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default IT'S HERE!!

The truck showed up at 11pm with our new Champagne Metallic 2017 RTS. Unfortunately, no registration paperwork, just the Owner's Manual. That kind of irks me, since I paid for registration & also paid CT sales tax. Gorgeous color, but very dusty. A quick once over with the water hose and some spray wax will take care of that. On the plus side, a full tank of gas. Gonna take a chance on Sunday and ride without registration, since I have my license plate and insurance coverage started yesterday. Farkles start tomorrow while it's raining. (Stuff I took off of the 2013 RTL) Oh, and Momma said she was really happy to see the tail end of the "White Lemon" as it left our garage. We'll see how she likes the ride on Sunday. Pics soon in a new thread.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Woohoo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Woohoo
    Thanks guys. We feel the same way. Good wather forecast for tomorrow, so we are going to take our maiden voyage.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

even though a bit preliminary.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    The truck showed up at 11pm with our new Champagne Metallic 2017 RTS. Unfortunately, no registration paperwork, just the Owner's Manual. That kind of irks me, since I paid for registration & also paid CT sales tax. Gorgeous color, but very dusty. A quick once over with the water hose and some spray wax will take care of that. On the plus side, a full tank of gas. Gonna take a chance on Sunday and ride without registration, since I have my license plate and insurance coverage started yesterday. Farkles start tomorrow while it's raining. (Stuff I took off of the 2013 RTL) Oh, and Momma said she was really happy to see the tail end of the "White Lemon" as it left our garage. We'll see how she likes the ride on Sunday. Pics soon in a new thread.
    As I would say "WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congrats! Ride Safe! Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Yea, add another Whoooo hoooooo to the pile. May your new Spyder make you forget the problems with the old one......
    Isn't it just a blast just thinking about all the new farkles on the new Spyder! I'm jealous....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I had a lot of fun putting stuff on the new bike today that I took off the old one whose name shall not be spoken. Got in a short 25 mile solo ride, too. Taking a long 2 up ride tomorrow, will take pics and post them tomorrow night.

Spyder Garage

I had a lot of fun putting stuff on the new bike today that I took off the old one whose name shall not be spoken. Got in a short 25 mile solo ride, too. Taking a long 2 up ride tomorrow, will take pics and post them tomorrow night.
    Dwight, I like your new signature picture WOHOOOOOOO!!! enjoy!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

She's a beauty Dwight.

Spyder Garage

your lucky i waited 6 weeks every week it was a diff. story

Spyder Garage

Is the week that my new Champagne Metallic 2017 RTS (the only RTS they had, did not want another Limited) will arrive from imotorsports. I really hope it comes on Thursday August 2nd, as that is our 40th anniversary. What a fitting present for us to give to each other. I spent most of the day today taking stuff off of the "White Lemon", lidlox, ram mount, oversize brake pedal, magic mirror mounts, and some other items, license plate among them. Cancelled the insurance on it today as well. I will be glad to see it gone.
    I'm picking up that color Saturday. Finally upgrading to a 2018. Do you like the color ???
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

Is the week that my new Champagne Metallic 2017 RTS (the only RTS they had, did not want another Limited) will arrive from imotorsports. I really hope it comes on Thursday August 2nd, as that is our 40th anniversary. What a fitting present for us to give to each other. I spent most of the day today taking stuff off of the "White Lemon", lidlox, ram mount, oversize brake pedal, magic mirror mounts, and some other items, license plate among them. Cancelled the insurance on it today as well. I will be glad to see it gone.
    We have something in common. My 2011 Limited as sharp as I had it was a lemon, and I got tired of pouring money down that hole. So I ordered a Champagne colored one. Keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait till Saturday...
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
    We have something in common. My 2011 Limited as sharp as I had it was a lemon, and I got tired of pouring money down that hole. So I ordered a Champagne colored one. Keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait till Saturday...
    Absolutely love the color, and like you I got tired of spending money on a bike that my wife would not ride on with me for fear of getting stranded YET AGAIN and waiting 2-3 hours for the tow truck to show up. She told me to get rid of it, and that if I bought another Spyder it better have the "new engine" i.e. the 1330 that the 2013's (we had a 2013 LTD) were supposed to have. I tallied up from service invoices how long it was in the shop over the 5 year period that we had it. It came out to a whopping 372 days total. Over one year out of five. Needless to say, Momma was NOT happy, which made my life miserable. She likes the new one a lot, if for no other reason than she is not worried about being broken down on the side of the road. Did you get another LTD? You will love the 1330 & the six speed tranny. The SE6 shifts smoothly and seamlessly, particularly on auto downshift. You can barely feel it. I am having to constantly remind myself to upshift more and downshift less. In our rural town, the speed limit for the most part is 25 mph, and I never got out of first gear with the 998 & SE5 tranny. Now I'm in third, and the engine pulls just fine. Not at all a high rev engine like the 998. Good luck with your new ride and trust me, you will absolutely love the color. Have fun and ride safe.