Spyder Garage

Question Anyone have the Tri Axis Adjustable handle bars

Wanted to know who has them and how they like them. thinking of getting them if i purchase a spyder

Spyder Garage

We have them on our RT. Pricy, but I would not be with out them on a RT as they made riding for me far more comfortable. Now that I ride an F3 we were able to adjust them to fit my wife, so as far as I am concerned, well worth the price!
    I did save by installing them myself.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I have them because I bought the Comfort Seat with my Spyder and knew the more rearward position on the seat would possibly require a change in my upper torso position that I might not find comfortable. It did and I wouldn't be without them. I've adjusted them only a about three times but the grips are exactly where I want them.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A friend gave me a set to and installed them on my '11 RT. When I bought my '14 from Pitbull, they transferred them for me. For me, they are great. Helps me to....
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Most that have them, like them a lot. They are very pricey, and if you have to add installation charges--even more.

I would recommend riding the Spyder for about 500 to 1000 miles and then make a decision to buy or not. You may find that your new Spyder fits you better than you thought.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have them, and woudn’t be riding today if I hadn’t bought them. I adjusted them to where they felt good, and have not adjusted them since, and this is after about 20,000+ kms. They’re G R E A T.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have them. Made riding a lot more comfortable. I usually change them only on long trips just to change posture for awhile, otherwise they stay where I found the best fit. I second the suggestion you ride for a few hundred or thousand miles before you decide if the stock handlebars are good enough or not.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Got them and love them
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Must addition for me

It was a must addition for me as with the stock bars my arms were pulled forward and I had a horrible ache between my shoulder blades. The ache was probably from being pulled forward and a bit humped over. It's a bit like how you might feel if you are bent over a terminal or PC all day. I tried a thicker backrest and anything else I could think of first. These solutions helped a tad, but the ache was still there and a long ride day was so tough. With the TriAxis I brought the bars all of the way forward and quite a bit higher vertically. This way I don't have to reach for the bars and my arms are just a tad below level. For me it made the ride enjoyable, and the impact was immediatre. I've heard many others say about the same thing. If you have this kind of ache, get them!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_from_ny View Post
    Wanted to know who has them and how they like them. thinking of getting them if i purchase a spyder
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Had them on my 2012 RT love them. Have them on my 2014 Rt love them

Spyder Garage

Curious, how tall are you? I suspect that for taller or shorter riders they benefit more. At 5’10”, I found the stock bar height, reach and sweep pretty natural placement for my hands.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 RT Limited, and have them. I got mine off E-bay, new in the box for $500.00 and installed them with the help of a friend. I am 5'10" tall and find that being able to adjust the bars and put them in a different position (very easy to do by just loosening the mounting bolts) allows me to ride for days in a row and not have problems from being locked in to one particular position. I think they are well worth the money especially if you cover a ot of miles.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?