Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMG_0105.jpgSpyders at the same sign!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

at a state line marker, but no Spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two wheelers... WITH Spyder
    Last edited by asp125; 08-15-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default rules refresher

Not that it is a big deal or has any bearing on life, just thought a little refresher of the original poster's rules (with enhancements) might help keep this thread moving as intended. After all, it's easy to lose direction after 8 pages.

Now to try out something a bit different.

One person posts a photo,

then another person posts a photo based on a association they see with the first...

your post should be in response to the post directly above yours and contain a Spyder, motorbike or associated gear.

Put a couple of words at the top to make the association clear (particularly if its something small like a sticker) .

Obviously just having an association of 'Spyder' is cheating:-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMG_0163.jpg

Spyders with one 2-wheeler (That's Joe at his bike near the sign)
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

One guy with his back to the camera wonder why?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Is it for wind protection, wind is often channelled down rivers etc so I suppose you could need more cover there?

Or is it that one town did it and then other neighbouring ones followed, a sort of civic "keeping up with the joneses"?

I was thinking just snow or rain protection didn't make sense because why do the bridge but not the road:-)
    Older technology for sure. Mostly over small streams and not very long. Been over a couple when I lived close to Ohio (as in IN). Pretty deserted roads and not much actual traffic to worry about.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Not that it is a big deal or has any bearing on life, just thought a little refresher of the original poster's rules (with enhancements) might help keep this thread moving as intended. After all, it's easy to lose direction after 8 pages.

Now to try out something a bit different.

One person posts a photo,

then another person posts a photo based on a association they see with the first...

your post should be in response to the post directly above yours and contain a Spyder, motorbike or associated gear.

Put a couple of words at the top to make the association clear (particularly if its something small like a sticker) .

Obviously just having an association of 'Spyder' is cheating:-)
    I did not know there were specific "rules" we had to follow. The OP has not mentioned this...

Bottom line--we are getting a lot of action and seeing some great pictures from all over.

Back to the program--I hope...
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-15-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I did not know there were specific "rules" we had to follow. The OP has not mentioned this...

Bottom line--we are getting a lot of action and seeing some great pictures from all over.

Back to the program--I hope...

Everything I re-posted was copied from the first post of the thread. I just cleaned it up a little and enhanced it with some bolding of key elements. It's no big deal, but keeping with the original thought/plan seems to be appropriate out of respect for the OP's original intent.

Now to try out something a bit different. One person posts a photo, then another person posts a photo based on a association they see with the first... your post should be in response to the post directly above yours and contain a Spyder, motorbike or associated gear.
    Put a couple of words at the top to make the association clear (particularly if its something small like a sticker) . Obviously just having an association of 'Spyder' is cheating:-)

Some examples below, though I could also had for example "Blue t-shirt draped out of tank bag" for all three.

<skipping the pictures>

…and next?
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 08-15-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    IMG_0163.jpg

Spyders with one 2-wheeler (That's Joe at his bike near the sign)
    Ahhh...Hyder AK--the location that pops up where you can visit AK, but cannot get to any other AK location without more miles and miles of Canada. This is a location for a lot of "AK" destination rides--but not much more than touching your toes in the state.

A map check will verify what I have said.

You folks did much more than the average person does though. I think you can honestly say you did it all.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think the rules are loose!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hijacking the thread slightly have to ask - why did they build a covered bridge rather than just an ordinary one? I'm guessing they are relatively common in the US judging by these photos but not something I've ever come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Older technology for sure. Mostly over small streams and not very long. Been over a couple when I lived close to Ohio (as in IN). Pretty deserted roads and not much actual traffic to worry about.

It's my understanding that the bridges were covered to protect the road-bed. Back when the bridges were built by manual labor in snow country, and they were built entirely of wood. It helped keep the wooden bridge road from rotting so soon.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

A group of Spyders by a Destination sign .
    Deadwood Rally 021.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

picture of a guy taking a picture

Spyder Garage

IMG_0726.jpgA bunch of Spyders in front of the sign for the very first restaurant ever featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives!

Spyder Garage

picture of a guy taking a picture
    Speaking of breaking the rules!

Spyder Garage

at a state line marker, but no Spyder.
    Think a spyder in pic is bare minimum IMG_1550.jpg & harder to find
    (not on state line)IMG_0878.jpg can anyone associate spyder with a TANK?
    IMG_1580.jpg IMG_7725.jpg

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Think a spyder in pic is bare minimum
    Looks like some reading comprehension skills need to be honed here.

Now to try out something a bit different. One person posts a photo, then another person posts a photo based on a association they see with the first... your post should be in response to the post directly above yours and contain a Spyder,
    motorbike
    or associated gear.
    Put a couple of words at the top to make the association clear (particularly if its something small like a sticker) . Obviously just having an association of 'Spyder' is cheating:-)

Some examples below, though I could also had for example "Blue t-shirt draped out of tank bag" for all three.
    Next person posts:

…and next?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Speaking of breaking the rules!
    Looks like some reading comprehension skills need to be honed here. Reread these rules by the OP and tell me where I broke them smart guy. My picture was of a guy taking a picture just like in the previous picture (the association) and it contained a motorbike.

Now to try out something a bit different. One person posts a photo, then another person posts a photo based on a association they see with the first... your post should be in response to the post directly above yours and contain a Spyder, motorbike
    or associated gear.

Next person posts:

…and next?
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 08-15-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Non of those things are obvious. Obviously you can't take a joke. You are the only one in the Thread Police uniform. Suggestion: Chill out and try to enjoy life a little more!

Spyder Garage

Non of those things are obvious. Obviously you can't take a joke. You are the only one in the Thread Police uniform. Suggestion: Chill out and try to enjoy life a little more!
    That's the whole point of the association is to be observant enough to find the things that are not obvious and match something in your own photos with it. Otherwise it's just a bunch of meaningless pictures with no connection. I guess that concept is beyond some peoples' ability to comprehend.

OH! a suggestion for you, learn to comprehend what you read. Most adults have that ability; in fact most 5th graders have that ability.
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 08-15-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

IMG_0726.jpgA bunch of Spyders in front of the sign for the very first restaurant ever featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives!

Back to the program...

NOT a DDD restaurant. The Spyders are parked across the street. Use your imagination a bit. (2013)

I brought a dozen plus Spyders here in 2015--we were all over the place then. Sadly, we went there a couple weeks ago--and the place is now CLOSED as well as the saloon next door.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-16-2018 at 01:27 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spyders in front of a Cafe- Dinner. I am having fun with this game but it's disappointing that a number of people try hijacking or simply cant seem to get the OP gist of the game. If you want to start your own tangent start another post and play your own game but out of respect for the OP try to control yourself.
    weekend ride and the 94th 001.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see your "seaview" and raise you a sea view
    10869809_10204644831857525_4284315546211109926_o.jpg
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I'll meet that view and raise with a historical marker.
    Summer coast ride to Camys 009.jpg Summer coast ride to Camys 008.jpg
    Last edited by easysuper; 08-15-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant