Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default iMotorsports experiences?

Anyone had any experience with iMotorsports? How long does it take for delivery?
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

I have bought 2 Spyders from them. 2015 RTS and a 2017 F3L. Shipping always seems slow especially when your wanting for your new Spyder to get there. I would say a good 2-3 weeks after all the paperwork is signed. They have to schedule with logistics as usually multi deliveries are made on the same trip. What did you buy???

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

All good stuff so far. Try a search for them to see what has been said.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you're looking for a bike...
    Mine is in the For Sale Section...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Imotorsport.

Do yourself a favor and buy Bob’s anniversary Spyder, it’s awesome! And already has everything you’ll eventually buy. If I didn’t buy an RT a month ago, I’d buy it. None were for sale while I was shopping. I love that one.
    ‘I worked w imotorsports but ended up buying local. They didn’t budge on price and I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. And that all depends on how long it takes to fill the truck that’s heading in my direction (north east).
    Plus, my friends who’ve rode for a while told me that when it’s time to do maintenance, dealers work on bikes they sold first, everyone else waits. Plus I needed new helmets/gear, the dealer gave me great prices on nice stuff.
    However if u know exactly what u want, and can wait, imotor is a good option. They sell u the bike, u go to DMV to pay the tax, Reg etc.
    Good luck. Happy rYding.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you're looking for a bike...
    Mine is in the For Sale Section...
    you just got it what are you buying now
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

I went there to look at new models and I said I wanted the best price..Well they were $3000.00 more than another dealer's advertised price in my area..and didn't budge..I ended up buying used from a private party...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I have bought 2 Spyders from them. 2015 RTS and a 2017 F3L. Shipping always seems slow especially when your wanting for your new Spyder to get there. I would say a good 2-3 weeks after all the paperwork is signed. They have to schedule with logistics as usually multi deliveries are made on the same trip. What did you buy???
    A 2008 Goldwing Trike, my papers were done Friday and they said it will take probably until late today or tomorrow to finish the 50 point inspection and service. I can't wait to get it here so i'm sure being impatient isn't helping.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Do yourself a favor and buy Bob’s anniversary Spyder, it’s awesome! And already has everything you’ll eventually buy. If I didn’t buy an RT a month ago, I’d buy it. None were for sale while I was shopping. I love that one.
    ‘I worked w imotorsports but ended up buying local. They didn’t budge on price and I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery. And that all depends on how long it takes to fill the truck that’s heading in my direction (north east).
    Plus, my friends who’ve rode for a while told me that when it’s time to do maintenance, dealers work on bikes they sold first, everyone else waits. Plus I needed new helmets/gear, the dealer gave me great prices on nice stuff.
    However if u know exactly what u want, and can wait, imotor is a good option. They sell u the bike, u go to DMV to pay the tax, Reg etc.
    Good luck. Happy rYding.
    I would but I'm getting away from the Spyders, we had fun on ours but we just wanted something bigger, a little more roomier. I guess mainly I'm just curious about the delivery times.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    you just got it what are you buying now
    It's not like that at all.
    Read recent threads.

Spyder Garage

Good luck. Happy rYding.
    Never experienced that or knew anyone that had in 12 years of riding. Doesn't seem like a particularly good business model either. However I have known of instances where a dealer went above and beyond to take care of a mechanical issue for an out-of-town rider whom they'd likely never see again.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m pretty sure that they contract out for shipping so sometimes it can take a while. All depends on where you are and what they have going your way. Patience, patience.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    I would but I'm getting away from the Spyders, we had fun on ours but we just wanted something bigger, a little more roomier. I guess mainly I'm just curious about the delivery times.
    Good luck w the Goldwing. Please let us know when it arrives, I’m very curious myself.
    Should be interesting going from 2 up front, one in the back - 2 in back, one in front.
    Hope u love it.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Good luck w the Goldwing. Please let us know when it arrives, I’m very curious myself.
    Should be interesting going from 2 up front, one in the back - 2 in back, one in front.
    Hope u love it.
    Oh I surely will. I plan on sticking around here too. I've learned a lot and had some good conversations. I'm just ready for our new expirences on the Wing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you look over the Reverse-Trike Goldwing conversions?

Spyder Garage

I'm finalizing paperwork with imotorsports this week, and if I can get it done fast, I will get my new Spyder the end of next week, as they have a truck headed this way then. Otherwise, 2-3 weeks wait. I would have to agree that folks who say that imotorsports won't budge on price are correct. I got the $4,500 rebate & that's it. The other side of the coin is, the bike is coming to me & my 2013 is leaving on the same truck. They own their own logistics company and don't farm out deliveries & trade pickups. I think I got a decent deal, not stellar, but one I can live with.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    Anyone had any experience with iMotorsports? How long does it take for delivery?
    I traded my 2011 Victory Vision for a new left over 2017 F3L from them this spring. Everything was done by phone and email and went very smooth. My deliver took about 4 weeks from start to finish but they had to uncrate and assemble. They won't schedule delivery until the bike is ready to go and all paperwork is done. Then they schedule it along with others heading your way. With mine after everything was ready to go it took about 2 weeks.

Like others have said it depends on how many deliveries and the route they take. With my delivery there were 9 total and mine was #8.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I'm finalizing paperwork with imotorsports this week, and if I can get it done fast, I will get my new Spyder the end of next week, as they have a truck headed this way then. Otherwise, 2-3 weeks wait. I would have to agree that folks who say that imotorsports won't budge on price are correct. I got the $4,500 rebate & that's it. The other side of the coin is, the bike is coming to me & my 2013 is leaving on the same truck. They own their own logistics company and don't farm out deliveries & trade pickups. I think I got a decent deal, not stellar, but one I can live with.
    I called today and they received my paperwork yesterday in the mail. I was told it will be looked over tomorrow and then if everything is good, it will be scheduled for shipment. They did go ahead and perform the service and inspection. I hope it can be put on the truck and sent with yours lol.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Did you look over the Reverse-Trike Goldwing conversions?
    I've seen them but man they are ugly. I've always been a big fan of the Goldwing trikes. Finally we made it come true.

Spyder Garage

I am a big fan of IMotorsports Chicago!! In 2015 I purchased my 2015 RT Limited by phone. I received a very good price on Monday me compared to what the local dealers wanted. Instead of the free delivery I drove to Chicago from Ohio with my truck and trailer and picked it up. By doing this I was able to get an additional discount. In truth, I didn’t want to wait for my new Spyder. Great folks to deal with. Everything upfront and no games!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Default Great dealer

My F3S came 8 days after the paper work was signed and check cleared . They gave me what I wanted for the trade in by looking at my pics I sent and picked it up and delivered the new one to Ct nice and clean free of charge . Easy and seamless installed the new brake rod# 5 minus 20% and also no charge.
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to hear

How's it going with the other hip?
    As you know I bought mine through Imotorsports from Jason and saved a ton couldn't of been happier .
    One day we will get a root beer as i'm now healing from a fused C6/7 disk in my neck.
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There free shipping chips away at the profit margin. But if you fly and ride you probably could save a few more bucks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am a firm believer in giving your local dealer every chance to sell you your Spyder as you might want them for service or warranty and in order to remain healthy and in business for you is good for both you and them.

How many stories have you read or otherwise heard of a Spyder dealer going the extra step for a good customer.

Sometimes saving several hundred Dollars can cost you big time in the long run............Just saying.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L