Spyder Garage

Default Which IPOD Compatible with F3

I have a 2016 F3T with Topcase and I am trying to figure out which IPOD is compatible. I currently have been using an old IPOD 5s with it but wanted to change to the IPOD Touch since I only use it for music.

Spyder Garage

Your F3T only needs a thumb drive with the music loaded on it. no need for an ipod.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Owners manual says iPod Touch 5th gen, but I'm using an iPod NANO 5th gen 16GB which works fine.

->n update. Went to an ipod touch. great improvement to sound quality. Was going to spent big $$$$ on an amp and speakers. Just the upgrade to a touch fixed the bad sound.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Thumb drive question

Is there a special format required on the thumb drive to make it work. I have my music ripped from CD's and I can't get it to work. The system won't recognize the thumb drive. How do you get it to work? Thanks for any input.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

I believe that the thumb drive needs to be formatted to FAT32
    SpyDel
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Thumb drive must be formatted FAT32. I know the system supports a number of music formats but standard mp3 files with embedded metadata tags work perfectly up to 320kbps.

No more than 2 directories deep in the file structure.

These have worked for me and a few bikes I have helped others with. Also pretty common format for most make autos these days too.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Your F3T only needs a thumb drive with the music loaded on it. no need for an ipod.
    The only problem with the thump drive is that you can't shuffle the songs around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Owners manual says iPod Touch 5th gen, but I'm using an iPod NANO 5th gen 16GB which works fine.
    Thanks, I am trying to find a used one on Ebay.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ikindred View Post
    The only problem with the thump drive is that you can't shuffle the songs around.
    Yes you can. Its in the menu. I forget where but Louise had me set hers to shuffle.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Screw Ipod

I'm sick of dealing with Apple.
    I'm sick of my music being deleted by Apple.
    I'm sick of reprogramming my music to save it on SD cards.
    I'm sick of my car not recognizing my Ipod.
    I'm sick of filing a complaint with the Attorney General of PA to get Apple to unlock my music. (yes I had to do that)
    I'm sick of Apple making customers pay monthly subscriptions to listen to their music.
    I'm sick of my Ipod deleting my music if my software is not up to date.
    I miss 8 track cassettes, I miss SIMPLICITY.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ikindred View Post
    I have a 2016 F3T with Topcase and I am trying to figure out which IPOD is compatible. I currently have been using an old IPOD 5s with it but wanted to change to the IPOD Touch since I only use it for music.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    I'm sick of dealing with Apple.
    I'm sick of my music being deleted by Apple.
    I'm sick of reprogramming my music to save it on SD cards.
    I'm sick of my car not recognizing my Ipod.
    I'm sick of filing a complaint with the Attorney General of PA to get Apple to unlock my music. (yes I had to do that)
    I'm sick of Apple making customers pay monthly subscriptions to listen to their music.
    I'm sick of my Ipod deleting my music if my software is not up to date.
    I miss 8 track cassettes, I miss SIMPLICITY.....lol
    and to think all it took to make me bail was the ****ty iTunes interface/behaviors and it constantly changing the music to .aac/.m4a format in the beginning. Well, that plus having to make iPhones work in a Corporate environment for which they weren't designed to do and last I heard from my co-workers after I left, not much has changed!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Regarding a thumb drive

First off, sorry for hijacking your original post. Thanks for all the replyes. I'll stick with my MP3 player plugged into the input cable. Works much easier.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

Default USB Thumb drive

Inserted thumb drive got usb overdrive current detected message . Anyone else get this message?

Yes you can. Its in the menu. I forget where but Louise had me set hers to shuffle.

Spyder Garage

Tried a thumb drive. Cannot figure a way to shuffle. Have not yet tried a playlist. On my iPod I have a main playlist sorted by date so that songs that have not played in some time will play first. I also wrote a Windows Script that will set selected files in iTunes to a random day so my favorites don't get lost and will be peppered within that dated list.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I'm using a iPod Nano 7th gen and it works fine on my 2016 F3 Ltd. The only complaint I have with the Canam menu system is when you select playlists it always goes to the first playlist, not the next one.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Question USB/MP3 on a 2018 F3 LMT question

I just took the plunge to a 2018 F3 Limited after almost 50 years of riding two wheelers. I can see there is a steep learning curve and I have lots of questions. To stay on point, I cannot for the life of me figure out how you get a thumb drive with MP3's to be recognized/work. It is a FAT32 format 64GB thumb drive. The only audio input choices I have are FM, Bluetooth and aux. The USB cable in the dash compartment must be for a smart phone only? Thanks - Jon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jonorama View Post
    I just took the plunge to a 2018 F3 Limited after almost 50 years of riding two wheelers. I can see there is a steep learning curve and I have lots of questions. To stay on point, I cannot for the life of me figure out how you get a thumb drive with MP3's to be recognized/work. It is a FAT32 format 64GB thumb drive. The only audio input choices I have are FM, Bluetooth and aux. The USB cable in the dash compartment must be for a smart phone only? Thanks - Jon
    I have an 18 f3l and no usb drives work. The usb is only for charging and brp connect. You have to put music on your phone. Mp3 or ipod will only work on aux. Make sure your screen has the latest update 13.20 or it won't work right. Scroll till you find the (about). Push joy stick to right.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2018 usb is only for charging and brp connect

BRP connect is a joke. Only a few 'compatible' apps available. The only music player is google play at $10 a month for streamed music. Not going to happen when I have about 60 GB in music collected. so I guess no MP3's for me unless I buy a new player to connect via the 3.5mm cable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jonorama View Post
    BRP connect is a joke. Only a few 'compatible' apps available. The only music player is google play at $10 a month for streamed music. Not going to happen when I have about 60 GB in music collected. so I guess no MP3's for me unless I buy a new player to connect via the 3.5mm cable.
    My phone plays MP3 to the 2018 BRP Dash great and you don't even have to plug in the usb cable unless you want to. Copy your music to your android smartphone. Pair your phone to the dash the first time. It will reconnect every time after that. Before plugging the phone into the usb. Start the google music play app on your phone. It is free to play your own music loaded on your phone and don't sign up for the streaming service. Choose what you want to play, playlist albums whatever. You can also, after plugging the usb cable in, use the BRP connect music app to play your tunes from your phone instead of starting google music play. But google music play seems to work better.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

ok so where do you plug in a thumb drive and get it to work, tks
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    ok so where do you plug in a thumb drive and get it to work, tks
    You cannot use a thumb drive on BRP connect dash 2018 up. Only 2016 and 2017 could use thumb drive. You must use music app or loaded music on your phone and pair to dash. You can use an mp3 player and aux it to the 3.5 mm plug in, but you will only have volume control.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a refurbished Iphone on ebay just for my music. You are able to toggle the songs back and forth. do not forget to use BRP connect. 2020 rtl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    and to think all it took to make me bail was the ****ty iTunes interface/behaviors and it constantly changing the music to .aac/.m4a format in the beginning. Well, that plus having to make iPhones work in a Corporate environment for which they weren't designed to do and last I heard from my co-workers after I left, not much has changed!
    There are many work arounds for those sources problems. You can set iTunes to do mp3 instead of ACC. You can get music off of many sources with "audacity". I wont' detail other ways, but there are lots of other ways.