Spyder Garage

Default Belt Vibration.......gone

Like I mentioned in my 2 other posts on the subject, do not accept the vibrations as normal. Be a pest to BRP, not the dealer. Dealers can only do what BRP authorize.
    I had several mail exchange and phone calls with BRP and guess what? They authorized the dealer to install a belt tensioner under warranty. No cost to me. However, you have to want the dealer to help you on this. My dealer did. No more vibrations. It is a BRP belt tensioner. Installed by a BRP dealer and will fall under BRP warranty. The simple fact that BRP have tensioners, should tell you that they well know about the problem and have a solution to that but choose to ignore it. My dealer stuck with me and went to bat for me to get it fixed.
    Some of you may have the money to spend on after market product, no mater how little or how much, it is the principle. We spend enough money to buy a BRP product and expect it to work flawlessly. Case closed.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Like I mentioned in my 2 other posts on the subject, do not accept the vibrations as normal. Be a pest to BRP, not the dealer. Dealers can only do what BRP authorize.
    I had several mail exchange and phone calls with BRP and guess what? They authorized the dealer to install a belt tensioner under warranty. No cost to me. However, you have to want the dealer to help you on this. My dealer did. No more vibrations. It is a BRP belt tensioner. Installed by a BRP dealer and will fall under BRP warranty. The simple fact that BRP have tensioners, should tell you that they well know about the problem and have a solution to that but choose to ignore it. My dealer stuck with me and went to bat for me to get it fixed.
    Some of you may have the money to spend on after market product, no mater how little or how much, it is the principle. We spend enough money to buy a BRP product and expect it to work flawlessly. Case closed.
    Good for you for sticking with it and getting it resolved to your satisfaction. Maybe there is hope for others with other issues that BRP will back the product and correct some short comings.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Suprise, suprise..........

Keep a close eye on that BRP tensioner. They don't last long at all. With only one bearing they heat up and then freeze up quickly. When it happens get ahold of me. I have a new one I never installed and i'll give it to you just for the shipping charge.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Keep a close eye on that BRP tensioner. They don't last long at all. With only one bearing they heat up and then freeze up quickly. When it happens get ahold of me. I have a new one I never installed and i'll give it to you just for the shipping charge.
    Thank you very much for the offer. I guess whenever the bearing locks up, hopefully I will notice it. I was just trying to make a point with BRP. I heard horror news about them and their warranty. Well, we'll see.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I understand.......

Sorry if I was too blunt in my comment. However I have a problem with BRP and their replacement parts. They have many well know defective parts and it appears that they take zero interest in improving them with better quality craftsman ship or materials to improve the reliability and function of those parts. Hopefully you will have your vibration issue solved for a while. It's certainly an annoying problem. Belt tension is critical and whether the belt is tight or loose it tends to move the vibration point around to be evident at different speeds. I've been told that when BRP's tensioner begins to fail it will emit a detectable noise. I'd suggest keeping some of the long larger zip ties with you so if and when you detect that sound you can zip tie the tensioner up and off the belt and not incur any damage until you can take it off or replace it. You may consider going with "Doc's" tensioner. It's made of metal, has two bearings and a zerk fitting so you can lube it. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I have sent emails still waiting on a reply .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    I have sent emails still waiting on a reply .
    E-mails to BRP??? I had 4 mail exchanged with them and they reply fairly quick to all of them, like 24 hrs. and they called me twice to discuss the issue. Be a pest to them like I was. They'll reply...