Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Free software upgrade for 2018 Spyder

Just got a letter from BRP offering a free software upgrade for my 2018 Spyder.

They say the current version is 13.20, which is what somebody mentioned on here recently.

I am already scheduled for July 26, next Thursday for the 5,000 kilometres check up and oil change.

My Spyder is at 10.50.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope I get a letter with free upgrade as I have it scheduled for the 28 as that is the first opportunity they have to do it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Do I take this to mean that BRP is charging for software upgrades to their product, which by all accounts is a pretty big failure and they are not fixing this for free? I've got no dog in this fight, but really? For how many years have owners "Beta Tested" BRP's newest and greatest whiz bang innovations, and gotten nothing for it? I wonder how many years it will take BRP to get the bugs of of the "new and improved" dashboard? Just my 2 cents.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just in case I buy an 18 model at some point -

Is there a way to show the software version through the dash - ie without buds or a dealer?

Spyder Garage

Any opportunity to receive anything for free from BRP should be grasped with both hands taked with gusto.

Did I say that out loud?

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Just in case I buy an 18 model at some point -

Is there a way to show the software version through the dash - ie without buds or a dealer?

Yes, there is.

The procedure has been given on this site before and the letter describes it.

Go to "Settings" and select "About".

Note that this is for the 2018, I do not believe there was a way to get the software version for previous years.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Just got a letter from BRP offering a free software upgrade for my 2018 Spyder.

They say the current version is 13.20, which is what somebody mentioned on here recently.

I am already scheduled for July 26, next Thursday for the 5,000 kilometres check up and oil change.

My Spyder is at 10.50.

Were you able to get the update on your bike? Did the dealer have any trouble downloading?

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Default Just got a letter as well

Just a received a letter as well. Apparently it takes just a few minutes. Anybody knows whether a dealer gets paid by BRP for doing this. My dealer is 4 hours away so if a dealer gets paid and it's only a 15 minutes job I suppose I could have it done at any dealer during one of my travels.

Any idea?

Thanks

JBIM
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The question I would be asking is, what does this update fix and or add or take away.