Spyder Garage

Default What should I do?

2016 Spyder F3-T, SM6, little less than 4k miles on it. Purchased new last summer. Vehicle is under warranty. Dropped off at dealer for investigating oil leak on 06/01. Back and n forth with them and BRP for the last month and a half, ordered parts/replaced parts etc tried all permutations and combinations but no dice.

Today got a call from the dealer that BRP has confirmed that some of their engines leak oil through the metal body. I really don't know what to say, never heard this before in my life. So dealer has ordered a new engine, supposedly will be delivered to the dealer by Sept - Oct and then the install/replacement would follow. Also another bad news is the new engine is a darker shade of gray so would not match the current color scheme. In my opinion it is a lemon, so do I just wait till Oct or do I have any other options.
    I'm sure no one on this forum would have thought they would read something like this!
    I have a case open with BRP care too.

Thanks for your time.
    DS.
    2016 F3T SM6 , Silver

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Porous castings while not common are not unheard of. Is the replacement engine new or remanufactured. I am in the auto business and we are required by the manufacturer to used remanufactured parts ,if available, for all warranty repairs on sold units.We have used brand new if under 1,000 miles and authorized by the manufacturer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdips View Post
    2016 Spyder F3-T, SM6, little less than 4k miles on it. Purchased new last summer. Vehicle is under warranty. Dropped off at dealer for investigating oil leak on 06/01. Back and n forth with them and BRP for the last month and a half, ordered parts/replaced parts etc tried all permutations and combinations but no dice.

Today got a call from the dealer that BRP has confirmed that some of their engines leak oil through the metal body. I really don't know what to say, never heard this before in my life. So dealer has ordered a new engine, supposedly will be delivered to the dealer by Sept - Oct and then the install/replacement would follow. Also another bad news is the new engine is a darker shade of gray so would not match the current color scheme. In my opinion it is a lemon, so do I just wait till Oct or do I have any other options.
    I'm sure no one on this forum would have thought they would read something like this!
    I have a case open with BRP care too.

Thanks for your time.
    DS.
    They think swapping an complete engine is gonna be quicker better fix?! My opinion complete new engine (not remanufactured) & the rest AKA new bike. It may, may not be a lemon but oil seeping through sounds like a stretch, heard of gasket failure, cracks, blowback, & overfill residue was not properly cleaned off. Under 4K miles is that even broke in? They are drastically affecting your ryding season I hope you find a resolution in your favor. With the discounts they are offering you may opt for a 2017 model instead & new warranty

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights