Thread: Radio on 2014

Spyder Garage

Default Radio on 2014

The radio and or speakers really sucks, always sounds like it’s
    just Off the station. Then bought a Sena20 so I could listen to tunes or
    Audibles from my IPhone but over about 30 mph can’t hear it.
    Ken
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20

We have the Sena 20 also. A couple of things to check: (1) be sure that your setting in the Sena app on your phone are not set to limit volume. (2) Ensure the volume on your phone is turned to "11" (all the way up. Then all of volume control is on the Sena. This should allow you to turn it up loud enough to hear regardless of what you are listening to ... XM app, your own tunes, Pandora.

It took me a while to get BRP Connect and my Sena20s to work in a manner I liked. I use BRP Connect for Genius Maps (pre-plan your route before connecting - makes life easier - and POIs easy to find while riding), and Rever (just because I like to track my rides). All of my music (my tunes, XM app, Pandora) comes from my phone. I do not use BRP Connect. Sena of course also provide my phone connectivity but I see the call on the display.

Good Luck.
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    The radio and or speakers really sucks, always sounds like it’s just Off the station. Then bought a Sena20 so I could listen to tunes or Audibles from my IPhone but over about 30 mph can’t hear it.Ken
    Welcome to the club. Much has been said over the past few months about the Spyder's receiver (it's not very good).

As to the speakers, they are more than adequate for listening to whatever you are piping through them up to a certain speed (varies), but what else do you expect? If you want to listen to music, pipe it through your helmet headset.

If you can't hear it through your helmet headset, it has nothing to do with the Spyder sound system.
    2014 RTL Platinum