Spyder Garage

Default Which models can I get a good remapping for?

Long time follower. First ride on the Spyder was awesome but I wanted more performance. I’m definitely more of a cruiser type from my riding days and looking at the Spyder but want more power. I don’t mean crazy power. But this will be my first Spyder. Which models / years benefit from the remapping? I have read all the discussions and saw one or two discussions on the remapping improvements but it wasn’t for all engines.

Thoughts?

joseph

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

You might do a search on the Re-Flashing of the ECM which seems to do more than any exhaust and re-mapping fuel control. As to what to get ... well that is a tough one and you would have to test ryde them to pick. I am a V-Twin lover and the older 106hp 998 is to me the best and with the changes made will out perform the newer triple 115hp 1330. Unfortunately the twin is no longer offered so you would have to settle for used or some dealers still have the later twins with the 100hp 998 engines...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

F3 Daytona might have what you are looking for.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    F3 Daytona might have what you are looking for.

I got my ECM flashed an it made a world of difference. But i also have alot of other things done as well to improve throttle response. Now its like riding a rocket. But unfortunately the top end speed is still only about 115 mph. Which was fine with me until I was on the express way and couldnt pull away from a scooter. The Sukuzi Burgman 650 top speed is close to the top speed of a spyder with Half the motor. C'Mon Can am thats a bit ridiculous. I can understand not being as fast a crotch rockets and some cruisers but you got to be able to blow past scooters of any variety.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydaRay View Post
    I got my ECM flashed an it made a world of difference. But i also have alot of other things done as well to improve throttle response. Now its like riding a rocket. But unfortunately the top end speed is still only about 115 mph. Which was fine with me until I was on the express way and couldnt pull away from a scooter. The Sukuzi Burgman 650 top speed is close to the top speed of a spyder with Half the motor. C'Mon Can am thats a bit ridiculous. I can understand not being as fast a crotch rockets and some cruisers but you got to be able to blow past scooters of any variety.
    That’s a pretty fast scooter! And definitely not the 50cc I was riding 40 years ago!

Spyder Garage

Really I’m just trying to unlock the power of the motor that is limited by the nanny system. The f3T looks like it benefits greatly. Wasn’t sure about earlier models especially the older motors (not the 1300’s)

Spyder Garage

Default Not a scooter

Quote Originally Posted by SpydaRay View Post
    I had one of the 650 Burgman's and ever time I let some one ride it they would always come back and say that's no scooter that's a motorcycle. You almost had to be a crash rocket to get a way from it up to 60.