Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RTS SE5 stuck in 5th

Last month it was a $1700 DPS failure. Today, it stops shifting, stuck in 5th gear. No N, no R, no E or codes. Throttle also not responding normally. It sounds like it is trying to shift, but nothing happens.

What I have tried:
    Oil level was low, filled to proper level
    Foot on brake - switch on, clear nag screen, crank. 5th gear
    Used the wrench trick to move the linkage. Noticed that bracket moved but splined shaft did not. Bracket would move in and out on splined shaft. Screw was not loose. I loosened the screw and pushed the bracket further on to the splined shaft (I did this prior to finding this post and seeing the photos of the shaft).

I will go back out and try the suggestion of pulling the bracket off the shaft, starting, and letting the transmission try to find "home".

I have also seem something about a solenoid ground wire addition. Does anyone know where that thread is? I found it once, but am unable to again.

A mystery in search of a clue.

*UPDATE*
    I went back out and double-checked for codes in the magical "display codes mode". Nothing.

Also, I removed the screw from the bracket and pulled the bracket off of the splined shaft. Started the engine (foot on brake the whole time) and let it run a minute or so. No N showed up as I had hoped. Still 5. Replaced the bracket onto the splined shaft (slot aligned with mark), screw is correctly located in groove on splined shaft. Foot on brake started again, still showing 5. Also now, didn't notice before, the is a whining noise when engine is running. Not as loud as my whining because the bike is out of order again though.

Spyder Garage

Without any active errors you won't find any fault codes, that's why none are displayed.