Spyder Garage

Default My 1st oil change

Hi, I plan on doing my own oil change this time. Been utubing and searching the list and it seems easy enuf except I'm not sure where the filter is. I've seen many posts about how many panels to remove which and what is the minimum? Do I need to buy the kit or can I get stuff locally and some say synthetic and some say semi-syn. Any tips-info appreciated. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not to fear....

Filter is on the left side under the side panel. Start with the left mirror and work in form there. A 36mm wrench or socket for the filter and a t-45 torques on the large plug and 6mm allen on the small plug. It's dark and hard to see under there so don't use the wrong tool on the wrong plug. BajaRon has the best kit around. Check him out, good luck.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'm keeping ya busy tonite aren't I? I had back surgery 5 weeks ago so I'm taking it slow and easy. Don't want to do it twice, the wife is already yelling at me for doing anything cause she's has 2 spinal fusions her self and I'm always yelling at her for doing too much. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default WRONG SIDE

2014 RT (1330 triple)oil canister is on right side under panel
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Yea it was late.....

Dam if your right. I just replaced the air filter (left side) 2 days ago. What was I thinking? Thank you for the correction. Sorry about that wmh9680, I guess I owe Woodaddict a dinner.

Spyder Garage

Default sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Dam if your right. I just replaced the air filter (left side) 2 days ago. What was I thinking? Thank you for the correction. Sorry about that wmh9680, I guess I owe Woodaddict a dinner.
    sorry, had to correct you, (I just did my first oil change in May)don't want him to put oil filter in air filter spot!! And you don't want to take off anymore panels than necessary. BUT I didn't know if you where thinking of sitting on spyder of standing in front - makes a difference

please send dinner by fedex next day air!! coast to coast
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Great videos on YouTube.
    Check them out. Really helped me.