Spyder Garage

Default Rear left fender support broke

Anyone have the rear left support for the fender break? Mine broke at the fender itself just where the support bends cracked and broke on a bump

If so is there a recall on these?

Thanks
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Not a recall, some owners have managed to get theirs replaced outside of warranty but others (like me) have not. Seems to be at the whim of whoever picks up the phone at BRP.

Depending on where they have cracked then they can normally be welded back up and at the same time strengthened - normally by adding a rod behind and some triangular bracing at the ends

Or alternatively dump the rear fender and go for one of the two options shown in that other thread - that's what I did:-)

There is a lot of vibration at both the rear fender and those supports which is why they fail.
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 07-17-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I feel your pain..

Just went through a similar issue with support failure on both sides. And being my GS is no longer under warranty, BRP will do nothing to correct the issue. Even though it's a documented issue. So I bit the bullet, spent the $245.94, and ordered the Sport Rear Fender off of eBay. Instal was pretty easy, and it looks pretty awesome.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...