Thread: J&S Jack

Spyder Garage

Default J&S Jack

I finally got to use my new J&S Jack with adapter and I know there has been some question in the past so I took some pics. First let me say I wanted to have confidence in the jack and wanted to know how stable it would be when lifted. So I figured as long as I'm not underneath I would put it to the test. I jacked the bike fully put the locks in place and release the pressure. Then proceeded to shake the bike quite firmly, very little movement, I then climbed on the bike and sat if I was riding and was rocking it again solid. (With that said can never be to safe would still use jack stands if underneath it).

From the left side slide the Jack under the Spyder ensuring the raised portion on the rear of the adapter is inserted in the slot just in front of the exhaust. the front of the adapte reaches across the frame. (The jack does not touch the exhaust pipe).

Note: The jack is just barely too tall to slide under so I pull up onto two 1/2 inch boards problem solved.

This is also for RT I do not believe J&S Jacks has an adapter for F3

Jack1.jpgSlot.jpgUnder Spyder.jpg

Spyder Garage

So my Dear Watson what's the prognosis? Good or Bad?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I am completely satisfied with the Jack I highly recommend the J&S Jack (Now I was not completely happy with the ordering and shipping if they can get that down to a science they would be much better off) . I have ZERO fears of it falling, or shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

So my Dear Watson what's the prognosis? Good or Bad?

Jack

Spyder Garage

I have the J&S jack with the adapter for my 2015 RT. It rocks! The customer service was outstanding. I had a little hiccup that was completely my fault. They took care of the problem without hesitation. Great people to deal with.

Gunner

Spyder Garage

I have a J&S and love it. If you are using it for oil changes be sure to order the oil diverter pan that is made specifically for the jack. int diverts draining oil out away from the jack and into the drainpan.I was the first to order one for the RT and they built it. Great service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Have mine on order.... can't wait to try it! Thanks for the insights.

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Default I love mine

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I have a J&S and love it. If you are using it for oil changes be sure to order the oil diverter pan that is made specifically for the jack. int diverts draining oil out away from the jack and into the drainpan.I was the first to order one for the RT and they built it. Great service.
    I also have a J&S and I think it is an excellent jack - especially with the air power option - worth every penny.
    Just line it up and hit the switch.
    I have some 2x8s that I drive up on for the clearance.
    Thanks for the tip on the oil diverter.
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights

Spyder Garage

It is a great Jack, It took about 7 weeks to get mine after many excuses of why it did not ship. Hopefully you won't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Have mine on order.... can't wait to try it! Thanks for the insights.

Bob

Spyder Garage

I ordered it with mine too have not used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post

Spyder Garage

Default Not for F3

I have used a J&S for years for my 2 wheeled bikes. Unfortunately they do not have an option for the F3 chassis. Fellow F3 owners pls help me pressure them into designing an F3 option.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    It is a great Jack, It took about 7 weeks to get mine after many excuses of why it did not ship. Hopefully you won't have that problem.
    LOL They told me 3 weeks. Wednesday was 6 weeks, maybe that means it will ship next week. They should just say “6 to 8 weeks!”
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Yeah they always had an excuse. First was a supplier issue, then they said the packaging machine went down and then it was well we just won't answer his messages. Then Mckayla tried to convince me this has never happen in there 20 years of business, yet I found about 15 online complaints with the same issue spanning over several years. Now I will say the jack is nicely built and 100% satisfied with it. You will need to put something under the front wheels to get you up a little bit as the jack will not go under. I use a 1/2 board on each side. Hopefully you get it soon.

LOL They told me 3 weeks. Wednesday was 6 weeks, maybe that means it will ship next week. They should just say “6 to 8 weeks!”

Spyder Garage

Yeah they always had an excuse. First was a supplier issue, then they said the packaging machine went down and then it was well we just won't answer his messages. Then Mckayla tried to convince me this has never happen in there 20 years of business, yet I found about 15 online complaints with the same issue spanning over several years. Now I will say the jack is nicely built and 100% satisfied with it. You will need to put something under the front wheels to get you up a little bit as the jack will not go under. I use a 1/2 board on each side. Hopefully you get it soon.

It would so much better if they were just upfront and honest.

<br><br><br><br>
    <br>
    <br>

Spyder Garage

I purchased my J&S jack with Spyder adapter and oil drain pan this spring. I needed a jack to lift my Harley Street Glide and my 2015 Spyder. The jack works great on both bikes. I enjoy lifting my Spyder for service and waxing and detailing. The Harley was on the jack for 5 weeks in April and early May. I changed radio, added an amp and DSP unit and new speakers. In addition I added underglow lights. Complete new exhaust and slipons and a tuner. Jack made all this work a lot easier. I highly recommend this jack!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide