Spyder Garage

Default ABS Failure Limp Home Mode

2011 RSS SE5 reading 3600 kpi in BUDS with no brake pressure. It will increase slightly when applying the brakes. Not sure what is bad. ABS motor or master cylinder? Only code is C0044.
    Last edited by ItsHerz; 07-15-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

The code indicates a brake sensor failure and or brake light senor failure. Also makes mention of a blown fuse. Most common is low brake fluid may be only a teaspoon full. You indicated a lack of pressure in the pedal but if you pump it does it build up pressure...?? How old is the fluid in the system and when was the last time it was changed..?? You may need to flush the system and re-fill with DOT 4.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Internal brake pressure sensor failure. Not sure where it is located but I would guess inside the VCM. Time to do some reading of the service manual.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    The code indicates a brake sensor failure and or brake light senor failure. Also makes mention of a blown fuse. Most common is low brake fluid may be only a teaspoon full. You indicated a lack of pressure in the pedal but if you pump it does it build up pressure...?? How old is the fluid in the system and when was the last time it was changed..?? You may need to flush the system and re-fill with DOT 4.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have changed the brake light switch and low pressure switch. Also changed fluid using buds. Did get air out of abs/ vcm module. I think it's internal brake pressure switch but at 1000.00 I want to be sure. In buds 3600 kpi showing with no brakes applied.