Spyder Garage

Default Our Annual West Coast Tour

Wife and I are leaving 7/22 for our annual bike trip. We have been doing this together for the last 4 years, she on her Goldwing and me on the Spyder. We leave here and travel to Kanab, UT and then off to Heber City. From there we go to Idaho Falls, ID. and then to Missoula, MT. Then to Republic, Wa. and Anacortes where we spend 2 days. Tour the San Juan Islands to Roche Harbor and back and then off to Port Ludlow to spend 2 days with my sister. From there we go to Rockaway Beach, OR. and to Newport. Then to John Day, OR. Next is McCall, ID and Arco, ID. From there we go to Evanston, WY. and Circleville. UT. Finally, our last night is in Cameron, AZ before heading back to Mesa. Total of 4,193 miles, 16 days travel time plus 2 days touring/rest. Starting to get excited.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Hope it's a trouble free, safe and enjoyable trip. Oh, and filled with fine weather.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like an awesome route, will pray it's just as safe as it is exciting. Enjoy the resplendent views!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

What a great adventure your going to have. Your going see a lot of beautiful sights. Have lots of fun and stay safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Wife and I are leaving 7/22 for our annual bike trip. We have been doing this together for the last 4 years, she on her Goldwing and me on the Spyder. We leave here and travel to Kanab, UT and then off to Heber City. From there we go to Idaho Falls, ID. and then to Missoula, MT. Then to Republic, Wa. and Anacortes where we spend 2 days. Tour the San Juan Islands to Roche Harbor and back and then off to Port Ludlow to spend 2 days with my sister. From there we go to Rockaway Beach, OR. and to Newport. Then to John Day, OR. Next is McCall, ID and Arco, ID. From there we go to Evanston, WY. and Circleville. UT. Finally, our last night is in Cameron, AZ before heading back to Mesa. Total of 4,193 miles, 16 days travel time plus 2 days touring/rest. Starting to get excited.....
    When your in Newport go down to Nye Beach and have the Clam Chowder at the Chowder Bowl, If you like clam chowder this is the best on the Oregon coast.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Good stuff. A few pictures of the journey would be appreciated.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Canamjhb, if your going on over to Baker City after John Day stop in at Sumpter an see the big gold dredge there. Then just east of Baker City up on the hill is the Oregon trail center. Lots of displays there an a view over the valley. Wagon wheel ruts still left in the ground. Any way have fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ned64 View Post
    Canamjhb, if your going on over to Baker City after John Day stop in at Sumpter an see the big gold dredge there. Then just east of Baker City up on the hill is the Oregon trail center. Lots of displays there an a view over the valley. Wagon wheel ruts still left in the ground. Any way have fun.
    Will look it up. Baker City is a great little town. When I was Snowbirding, I regularly stayed there at the Always Welcome Inn. Nice independent, clean motel. Then they were bought up by Motel 6. So, now we have lunch at Taco Time and drive through town. My Great Grandparents came across the Oregon Trail so I may just view some of their tracks.....
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    When your in Newport go down to Nye Beach and have the Clam Chowder at the Chowder Bowl, If you like clam chowder this is the best on the Oregon coast.
    That is now on our list. We LOVE clam chowder. I am from Washington and my family had a beach cabin on Whidbey IS..... Grew up eating clam chowder from our beach clams. Nothing better..... Thanks
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

It sounds like after Newport your heading to John Day, If your taking Hwy 20 east pay attention to the marker sign right where Hwy 20 meets 101 . it a great place to take a photo.
    Newport to Boston.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I was coming out of the Mavrick in Ephriam UT. today and I saw canamjhb and his wife at the only stop light in Sanpete County going north on US89 just a little before noon. I tried to get their attention but as I was in the old white pickup truck they weren't paying any attention to me. I followed them north for awhile but I had to turn west and they went on north. I would like to have said hello but maybe next time. They looked quite elegant traviling along on their silver Spyder and Yellow Goldwing. Have a safe trip guys. When you get to Heber tonight stop at Chick's for Chicken Fried Steak.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze