Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default anyone have fox shock/anti-swaybar kit for RS from BRP?

6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    This is the way to go. The BRP sway bar in the kit you're looking at is a complete waste of time. Technically stiffer. But function is impossible to discern from the original bar.

The Fox Shocks, however, are a legitimate upgrade. Now you're going to say: 'These are for an F3 and I have an RS!'. The Eye to eye distance is just 3/8" longer than the stock shocks which will not make any appreciable difference. And they work great! I've had several customers put these on their RS or ST with very good results. For the price, they are AWESOME!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Can-Am-...from=R40&rt=nc
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    This is the way to go. The BRP sway bar in the kit you're looking at is a complete waste of time. Technically stiffer. But function is impossible to discern from the original bar.

The Fox Shocks, however, are a legitimate upgrade. Now you're going to say: 'These are for an F3 and I have an RS!'. The Eye to eye distance is just 3/8" longer than the stock shocks which will not make any appreciable difference. And they work great! I've had several customers put these on their RS or ST with very good results. For the price, they are AWESOME!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Can-Am-...from=R40&rt=nc
    thank you and are these supposed to be better than one i posted?
    I think its impossible to find any info on any fox shock made for Spyder.
    price is great! like 70% off!
    Last edited by aka1004; 07-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a Baja Ron Swaybar and these shocks on my RS. Both are great. I don't know how the upgraded BRP swaybar performs? I'd definitely upgrade your RS with these Fox shocks but I wouldn't pay the $849 price on ebay for them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I have a Baja Ron Swaybar and these shocks on my RS. Both are great. I don't know how the upgraded BRP swaybar performs? I'd definitely upgrade your RS with these Fox shocks but I wouldn't pay the $849 price on ebay for them.
    when you say these shock, did you mean ones for F3 bajaron posted or one I posted for RS?

$259 on ebay for F3 shocks.
    if these shock are somewhat comparable to low tier elka, it is a huge bargain for 260. sway bar, I really didn't have a high hope for but it was kinda 2 for 1 kind of deal.
    Last edited by aka1004; 07-12-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    thank you and are these supposed to be better than one i posted?
    I think its impossible to find any info on any fox shock made for Spyder.
    price is great! like 70% off!
    There isn't much information out there. I agree. I'm going on customer feedback. Many were very leery because these are not listed for the RS or ST models. But the frame geometry is very similar. I suspect that the spring rate, hydraulic valving, etc., may be a bit heavier for the heavier F3 version. But the Fox shocks for the previous models were a bit week (IMHO) anyway. Which seems to be a typical approach by BRP.

The bottom line is. They are at least comparable to the kit you referenced. You're not paying for a virtually worthless sway bar. And I think you will be very happy with them. Everyone else I've recommended these to were well satisfied. For the price. It is a pretty incredible deal.

I don't mean to disparage the BRP 'Upgrade' sway bar that comes in the RS/ST upgrade kit. But believe me. We tested this bar before I ever bothered to make a sway bar kit for these models. Several experienced riders tested the BRP bar on a twisty course and were unable to discern any difference from the stock bar. But, when we swapped out the stock shocks for the Fox, the difference was quite evident.

I try to recommend what I know works. That is what I want to hear when I'm looking for an upgrade and I assume everyone else is the same. Still, it is just one man's opinion and everyone should do their due diligence and come to their own decision as to how they want to proceed.

The Spyder is just so AWESOME when set up correctly.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-12-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    There isn't much information out there. I agree. I'm going on customer feedback. Many were very leery because these are not listed for the RS or ST models. But the frame geometry is very similar. I suspect that the spring rate, hydraulic valving, etc., may be a bit heavier for the heavier F3 version. But the Fox shocks for the previous models were a bit week (IMHO) anyway. Which seems to be a typical approach by BRP.

The bottom line is. They are at least comparable to the kit you referenced. You're not paying for a virtually worthless sway bar. And I think you will be very happy with them. Everyone else I've recommended these to were well satisfied. For the price. It is a pretty incredible deal.

I don't mean to disparage the BRP 'Upgrade' sway bar that comes in the RS/ST upgrade kit. But believe me. We tested this bar before I ever bothered to make a sway bar kit for these models. Several experienced riders tested the BRP bar on a twisty course and were unable to discern any difference from the stock bar. But, when we swapped out the stock shocks for the Fox, the difference was quite evident.

I try to recommend what I know works. That is what I want to hear when I'm looking for an upgrade and I assume everyone else is the same. Still, it is just one man's opinion and everyone should do their due diligence and come to their own decision as to how they want to proceed.

The Spyder is just so AWESOME when set up correctly.
    thank you and yea I really didn't have high hopes for anti-sway bar. it was just a 2 for 1 type of deal.
    at $260, if its something similar to low tier elka, its a bargain alright.