Spyder Garage

Default Upgrades for my F3-T?

What upgrades would you guys suggest?

I already have footboards and a driver's backrest. I have ordered saddlebag liners.

Things I am considering:

• Bajaron Sway bar
    • LED headlights
    • Fog lights

Are these things worthwhile? Will the light upgrades help me see better as well as help to be seen? Any other upgrades you might suggest?

Thanks in advance
    2016 F3-T

Places I've ridden.

Spyder Garage

Hello and welcome!

We have a 2016 F3L.

*The BajaRon anti-sway bar is a no-brainer. I can't imagine anyone on this site telling you that's a bad idea....a low cost/easy install way to transform the handling of the F3 for the better-can't recommend highly enough.

*We got the LED fog lights from Lamonster Garage. They are fantastic. The problem is that it highlights just how dim our factory primary lights are :-) I have not gotten brave enough yet to replace the primary headlights with LED's- That's a bit more work than the LED foglights were. Nothing could be simpler to install. The fog lights attach to the factory connect points and plug right into the factory power harness. He has a great video that walks you through it. Probably took me longer to get the side panels off/on than actually installing the LED's. Also, the power button for them fits right into the factory position. It looks stock in every way.

They are great because along with the factory light locations, they create this unusual light pattern that people see and take notice of right away. There are now basically six lights on the front of the F3 (primary headlights, LED fog lights, and the front fender lights-people will definitely see you and know you are coming. They should be called I-Want-To-Be-Seen-Lights.... they are SUPER bright, and the build quality is top notch.

We never ride at night so I can't attest to how they help night vision while riding the Spyder.

Jeff
    Last edited by BoxyLady; 07-30-2018 at 06:51 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited in Pearl White-LaMonster GPS mount, LED fog lights, BajaRon anti-sway bar, Doc Humphrey's vibration dampener
    2013 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout CVO/ 110ci of potato-potato goodness
    2016 Ducati Xdiavel/ A street demon with a belt and forward controls

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you can pick only one, go with the anti-sway bar.

I just replaced the BRP floorboards with the PB floorboards. A lot more comfortable.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fender lights are a great safety addition. Go with the really bright ones from www.tricled.com
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Upgrades..

Only had my F3S a couple months and so far changed front tires from kenda to famosa tires, lamoster brake rod and today the BRP belt tensioner. Later this week the bajaron front sway bar.. now if it would cool down 10 degrees I'd be riding!! I also got a BRP driver backrest and leds on the fenders. Near future recover the seats with a lighter color leather..probably tan..tired of burning my ass from the AZ sun..
    Last edited by StickerPatch; 07-30-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Driver backrest and third peg

The very first mod I made was to add the third peg - makes it easier to get on / off for me.

My 2nd most favorite mod is the BRP driver backrest.

And my 3rd most favorite mod is the addition of the turn signal lights because the ones on the dash are barely visible.

Enjoy the ride - loving my 2016 F3L.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I did all of those, glad I did.