Spyder Garage

Default neat bikes I saw

The 1st one was in the parking lot at Farm and Fleet (never saw one of these before) and the second one was by Walgreens. It was ridin by a 92 yo guy that we talked to for 30+ minutes, great guy, lives on San Diego in Homewood. He fabricated two side bags into the rear hard bag on the rear. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

The Royal Enfield is neat. It's an older one, I think. The new ones have disc brakes. Definitely a retro ride.
    Clever storage idea on the Wing. After they are triked the original bags usually become garage shelf art.
    Great idea.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

I'm a sucker for vintage "British" bikes (though R.E. is now made in India). Even better, I think the trike with the levitating trailer is really interesting. It must be a highly modified Star Wars Speeder.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

There is a company that sells a kit that converts the Goldwing side cases into a "trailer". Called a Tag-A-Long. Cost about 700 bucks for the kit. Makes good use of the discarded sides when triking a Goldwing. But I'll stick with my RT622.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I'm a sucker for vintage "British" bikes (though R.E. is now made in India). Even better, I think the trike with the levitating trailer is really interesting. It must be a highly modified Star Wars Speeder.
    Then you will like this one. I first saw it for sale in a Triumph dealer in South Chicago Heights a few years ago and fell in love with it. Then I saw it in Cabella's parking lot in Hammond Indiana when I took these pics. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Here's my old Royal Enfield. Used to commute 120 miles a day on this + 500 miles each weekend to see my girlfriend (now wife) when she went to Uni.

Got written off in an accident and I rebuilt it, unfortunately a couple of years later some low life munter stole it.

Enfield350.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Here's my old Royal Enfield. Used to commute 120 miles a day on this + 500 miles each weekend to see my girlfriend (now wife) when she went to Uni.

Got written off in an accident and I rebuilt it, unfortunately a couple of years later some low life munter stole it.

Enfield350.jpg
    Although it's unkind to say so, you could always hope that the low life was written off in an accident himself - or herself to be equitable. Then again, if the thief wasn't a tinkerer, he's probably in vintage Brit bike hell anyway!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Sometimes my wife will say that's an ugly bike or dog and I always tell here there's no such thing as an ugly bike, baby or dog, they are all beautiful. Love them all. I fell in love with the Triumph Rocket 3 and almost bought one, what a bike. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

My 350 Bullet. 350 was only imported for one year, all others models are 500cc.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    My 350 Bullet. 350 was only imported for one year, all others models are 500cc.

Nice, now that I'm retired I'd like work at a pet store and a bike shop
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

My very first ride was in 1959, and was a 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc one lunger. Great ride, and I thought I was on top of the world. No battery required on it. Kick start. No windshield. Came equiped with a spark advance.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Although it's unkind to say so, you could always hope that the low life was written off in an accident himself - or herself to be equitable. Then again, if the thief wasn't a tinkerer, he's probably in vintage Brit bike hell anyway!
    The same night mine went missing two guys I knew also had their brit bikes stolen. All of them were well secured and parked off road.

They caught the gang a few months later. Apparently they would pick the bikes up and stuff them in the back of a freezer van, then take them to a container to be shipped abroad. They used a freezer van because the insulation would deaden the sound of any alarms until they were able to disable them.

They would target particular types of bikes, so one night racers, then harleys etc.

One of the gang worked it the vehicle registration office so that's how they knew where the bikes were.
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 07-14-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/v...56917674/?t=57

Whatcha think of this one, my why says I can get it
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Those Brit bikes from the 60's were very popular stuff. They gave HD a run for their money.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Maybe I'll make this a running thread, everybody join in with what you see out there. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO