Spyder Garage

Default Clutch is extremely heavy to operate for me

I picked up a 2015 f3s at a dealer as a demo unit got a reasonable deal on it but after spending a month on the road with it I find the clutch lever extremely hard to pull in it hasn’t changed any that I can tell but as the days gets long in the tooth I tend to get tired out so just about the time we are pulling off the highway into a town to find a campsite I am starting to have trouble with the clutch lever .i have to say that the heaviest clutch I had before this was a norton commando. But this beats even the norton . What I am surprised about is that it’s a hydraulic clutch so it should be fairly simple to fit in a different master cylinder and have a slightly smaller bore size with a bit more stroke to keep the displacement right wheee it’s supposed to so my question to the group is has anyone else found the clutch lever extremely hard to pull in and if so what have you done to fix the issue.

Spyder Garage

Doesn't Lamont do an after-market 'clutch assist' kit to help with just this problem? So I don't think you're on your own with this issue!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

There is a clutch assist kit that you can add to help with that. It does work mostly when driving slow like in town etc. The earlier models came with a vaccum assist but they did not put it on the newer ones. I have the assisted clutch on my 2012 RS but also don't use the clutch when shifting up after starting out. You can up shift by rpm's ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The F3 does not come with a clutch vacuum assist. But the RT does. So the system can be added to the F3 from what I understand from past posts. using parts from the RT. BRP issued a TSB some years ago outlining the parts required. If you are a good wrench you can install it yourself, as others have. Or you can talk to your dealer and get a cost to install.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The F3 does not come with a clutch vacuum assist. But the RT does. So the system can be added to the F3 from what I understand from past posts. using parts from the RT. BRP issued a TSB some years ago outlining the parts required. If you are a good wrench you can install it yourself, as others have. Or you can talk to your dealer and get a cost to install.
    Thanks for the tip​j I will chat with my dealer and see what he says

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default clutch assist

I had the clutch assist added to my 2015 F3. It's well worth the approximate $400.00 parts and labor price tag. The Spyder is much easier to ride and it even made shifting into neutral easier.