Spyder Garage

Default F3S Driver Backrest

I have 2015 F3S and considering adding a driver backrest. I also tend to ride with a passenger fairly often. My question for the group is does a driver backrest interfere with the passenger sitting position or ride in any way? Thanks for any input.

Spyder Garage

The driver backrest makes a huge difference in comfort level for long rides. I have the Lamonster one, great thing about it is that when riding two up it takes a grand total of one second to remove it. If the passenger is small enough, then no problem just leaving it there, still a fair amount of seat room. But I'll remove it anyway, makes the passenger snuggle in a little closer if you know what I mean.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The simpel answer is.....

MAYBE.. it all depends on how big the passenger is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdraz View Post
    I have 2015 F3S and considering adding a driver backrest. I also tend to ride with a passenger fairly often. My question for the group is does a driver backrest interfere with the passenger sitting position or ride in any way? Thanks for any input.

Spyder Garage

Default backrest

it is best to remove the driver's backrest when you are 2 up.20176.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdraz View Post
    My wife and I have over 20,000 miles riding 2-up on our F-3 & F3S Daytona with a Can-Am driver & passenger backrests installed and we have zero issues. She's a medium size woman(being careful here) and she has no problem with the drivers backrest installed.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Size of BOTH passengers can have an effect on the comfort level. If we are dealing with large people (you are on your own defining that), a drivers backrest could be a problem for the passenger. No one wants to ride many miles feeling scrunched up.

We tried two up the first year with over 10K miles. Between my back and hip problems, and other problems which I will not mention, I determined we could no longer travel two up.

I was able to purchase a second Spyder, and that has solved OUR issues with the two up.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-11-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Back Rest

http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/prodde...p?prod=SPYF3BR

We have one that is easy install and is quick removal if desired.