Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tryker Trike?

Spyder Garage

Default Tryker Trike?

So this came across my YouTube feed the other day. A two-wheel in the front, less powerful and cheaper "Spyder". It doesn't look very safe and after riding a Spyder...I don't think I'd want anyone in my family to ride it. Anyone know anything about it?

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Default Cute....

There are quite a few out there these days. So far none have matched the features of the Spyder just the look at least on many....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't buy one of these cause quality wise I'm sure its "cheap ****" but......but.... I think think the styling is great. Less plastic, more mechanical's showing. Hands down a much better looking bike than and F3 or the RT. The Model S Spyder or RS/GS replacement (if one ever comes) should be more like this. Simple, bare bones...I like. Build it with quality parts and a 125hp engine for around $10K and BRP would sell a ton of them in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Funny how the speaker in the second video says "Fully Street legal in almost every single state in the entire USA"
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Looking at the specs, they say not legal in California. Probably an emission problem. Selling for $3,799. Top speed=55+. Looks like motorcycle tires on the front.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's a 3 wheel chinese scooter that doesn't require a helmet, gloves or jacket. did anyone else notice the guy was afraid to say the price or it's top speed?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's cute: what will it grow up to be?
    (I'm waiting to see what BRP comes out with bext. )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am not able to view the pictures shown. It sounds like the Chinese made knockoffs which were advertised heavily when 's first came out.

At the time--2008 and 2009, new 's were selling for $15 - $17K. (the SE's were $1,500 more than the SM's). That was about it. One model--GS (2008) and changed to RS (2009). The RT version was introduced in 2010--and the rest is history. I bought the RTS (top of the line-Premier Edition). Cost for that was in the high $20's.

I believe the knockoffs were selling for a bit less than $3K.

The knockoffs were too good to be true, and you got what you paid for. Caveat Emptor. Am guessing they have not been much improved since. Probably okay for commutes--but I would stay off the faster highways.

Also in a wait and see mode. Wondering a lot about the BRP--under $10K version. What's going to be different and what's going to be missing from what we have grown accustomed to. Time will tell.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-09-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Anyone else notice 3brake controls. Hope your as skilled as nanny

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a standard ATV thing: 3 brakes.
    Not legal in Kalifornia also means not legal here in Noo Yawk!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Interestingly enough, I found these knockoffs before I actually discovered the real thing. No real dealerships, test rides, or service available. I don't recall ever seeing one on the road.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Not intended to lure us away from the Spyder, that's for sure.
    If you lived where traffic was no issue, it might be fun to ride.
    Like Rob said, it does look good.
    Chain drive so get your spray lube and keep the can handy.
    More info here: http://www.saferwholesale.com/200cc-...-200-trike.htm

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting

Do you suppose they bought those fenders from BRP.....and is that an Akropovic exhaust?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Makes you wonder why the Spyder is so expensive ????????????? It has everything the Spyder has minus a bigger engine and a few minor details..............

For Example, just look at what you get with a Slingshot...……….. You could almost fit a Spyder in the engine compartment of a Slingshot at the same price point .

Spyder Garage

Currently, IMO--it's "what the market will bear" pricing strategy. Their R & D costs are down--compared to the beginning. The seem to develop one concept and stick with it for a few years.

Think 998 engine--on three platforms (GS/RS, ST, RT through 2013).

Think 1330 engine--now on two platforms. (RT and F3--2014 +).

I am also guessing that the RT may be on the "short life" cycle now. They don't seem to be selling as well as the F3 configuration. The "less for more" concept seems to be working good at the moment.

The only thing that changes are some of the components depending on the level of price you are willing to pay. With add on's, the F3's can cost more than a fully loaded RT. I still cannot get over people paying close to $2K extra for a rear trunk as an accessory.

Don't get to mad folks, think about it first before turning up the flames.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-12-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Makes you wonder why the Spyder is so expensive ????????????? It has everything the Spyder has minus a bigger engine and a few minor details..............

way more than "a few minor details"
    Start with brakes, electronics, engine, trans., and much more.
    I'm guessing you were trying to be funny, rather than being clueless about what a Spyder consists of.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    way more than "a few minor details"
    Start with brakes, electronics, engine, trans., and much more.
    I'm guessing you were trying to be funny, rather than being clueless about what a Spyder consists of.

Sorry, I didn't know that this trike didn't have brakes or a transmission...………………. I was under the impression that this trike has those...…….

I'm wondering how it stops or how it goes ?????????????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

The only thing that changes are some of the components depending on the level of price you are willing to pay. With add on's, the F3's can cost more than a fully loaded RT. I still cannot get over people paying close to $2K extra for a rear trunk as an accessory.

Don't get to mad folks, think about it first before turning up the flames.
    I’m with you no way I’d pay 2000 for a rear trunk, or 2000 for a pair of saddle bags as some did on here a few years ago. I won’t even pay 500 for a BRP back rest. I put one on from Big Bike parts for 150, works fine. As for the bike it’s self, I do love it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jheck View Post
    I’m with you no way I’d pay 2000 for a rear trunk, or 2000 for a pair of saddle bags as some did on here a few years ago. I won’t even pay 500 for a BRP back rest. I put one on from Big Bike parts for 150, works fine. As for the bike it’s self, I do love it.
    I jumped on the GIVI saddle bags for the GS and the RS. I believe they were about $1K for a set. The Corbins were much nicer looking, but at $1,500 a pair, even I said no way. Pre-RT, I got fairing, and rear trunk from Corbin. That was about another $3K per bike. When done, I had a nice RT, a couple years before they came out--but I finally got smart. I have been pretty conservative with the three RT's after that. I made better money in those days--so the spending was a bit easier.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I didn't know that this trike didn't have brakes or a transmission...………………. I was under the impression that this trike has those...…….

I'm wondering how it stops or how it goes ?????????????
    maybe you should view the website
    pictures will show you some substantial differences between the brakes and transmission on the subject trike and the Spyder.
    Or maybe you're just being a wise a$$.
    That's probably the case given your history here.

Spyder Garage

maybe you should view the website
    pictures will show you some substantial differences between the brakes and transmission on the subject trike and the Spyder.
    Or maybe you're just being a wise a$$.
    That's probably the case given your history here.

I didn't see any info on the internal parts of the transmission or brakes ????????????? A smaller CC trike will not require bigger brakes so I'm not sure of your premise here...…………..

Brakes are brakes, we are not competing in the Daytona 500 here...……. That being said and your presumed assumptions on myself aside, the twist and go method on this trikes transmission is far superior to any current spyder lineup at a price point the little guy could handle.

This method allows riders of a non-motorcycle background an option they would not normally have. I'm thankful the Spyder now has competition in the marketplace. That ultimately will only lower the price of one for us, the consumer (evident by the under 10k Spyder soon to be released). They have been price gouging us for 10 years...……..

Spyder Garage

I didn't see any info on the internal parts of the transmission or brakes ????????????? A smaller CC trike will not require bigger brakes so I'm not sure of your premise here...…………..

Brakes are brakes, we are not competing in the Daytona 500 here...……. That being said and your presumed assumptions on myself aside, the twist and go method on this trikes transmission is far superior to any current spyder lineup at a price point the little guy could handle.

This method allows riders of a non-motorcycle background an option they would not normally have. I'm thankful the Spyder now has competition in the marketplace. That ultimately will only lower the price of one for us, the consumer (evident by the under 10k Spyder soon to be released). They have been price gouging us for 10 years...……..
    stupid committment.jpg

Spyder Garage

Resort to name calling when you have no argument...…………. So typical of your kind.

Spyder Garage

The bickering betwixt, will get this thread shut down. Personally, I would like to see the thread continue a bit.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Looks a LOT like a $10grand Spyder to me....