I recently purchased a brand new 2018 RT SE6 and I am very happy with it. I have 1148 miles on it and will be selling my 2004 Yamaha Royal Star Venture that I put 65k+ miles on (it had 24k when I bought it in 2006). The Yamaha is starting to cost more to maintain than it's worth (for some reason things keep breaking on it $$$$) and it gets a bit heavy for me some days. I hope to have a lot more years of riding (I'm 67) and figured the Spyder would be the way to go. My very best friend older than me got one two years and and it was the best thing he ever did. So far I believe I did not make a mistake but there are things that burp BRP needs to get in the ball game with.

Some of these on the list I have discussed in prior posts and read a lot of the same complaints.....BRP actually replied to one of mine and said call them. I might as well have called a random number and who knows where that might have led to.....

1. Plastic is cheap. Body panels don't fit tight and connection tabs show through the gaps
2. AM Radio is alive and well. Why isn't it on the radio.
3. The BT (bluetooth) system connects to my Sena but doesn't send audio (even the screen says it when doing configurations) Lots of complaints on that one. What good is it then.
4. Why is there no way to open the frunk without having to turn off the motor? Stop to grab something out of the front.....shut off the motor.
5. As someone replied to on one of my posts....Why is the schrader valve on the back tire NOT on the right side instead of up under the drive pulley/belt.
6. As cheap as it would be why isn't there at least one usb port or accessory plug available to the driver. Frunk?? Trunk?? I sit in the drivers seat........
7. The helmet hangers under the seat are a joke. Easily broken off and you look forward to wear/scratch the side where you have to stretch to hang the helmet. I posted pictures in a prior post of my solution to that problem cheap and easy.
8. The owners manual is major lacking in ANYTHING especially to do with the audio system, the Eco mode and many other things. I thank a lot of people here on the forum for the info I have gotten. Especially on how to configure the radio. Everything I "thought" wasn't in the system is there. Just have to know how to toggle or push or other wise. NOT IN THE MANUAL.
9. BRP Connect is a JOKE and everyone knows that. They put in "their thing" and not what people need/want.

For now that's my list. I'll come up with other stuff but in the mean time this is my list. Actually the speakers/audio on the bike are great but I have worked around the audio with a helmet Sena SMH5 connected to my Android phone and enjoy iHeart and Pandora in my helmet like many others have done. I love tunes while riding....

Just a side note my name is John, I am an amateur radio operator KD7AAT and my web site is KD7AAt.NET. Maybe we can connect some time. I'm always on IRLP 9075 and Dstar 29A or XRF35C when 29 is down..........

Safe rides everyone.....