Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have had a roller-coaster the last couple of days. I was given incorrect information, which was then clarified. Here is what I posted from her room this morning.

Update on Kathy 7/17. I am on my smartphone in her room, so I apologize for any typos in advance. It took 3 phone to final get the hospital to tell me the type of bacterial infection that she has in her blood. Of course it's going to be the super bug, mersa. They are treating her with a specific antibiotic for that and she seems to be responding well. The fever she had last week in gone, which is a very good sign. They are watching her blood pressure which dropped from the change in the central line. Please keep praying.

And then after talking to her MD everything started to com into focus, so I posted this:

UPDATE at 2pm for Kathy. Just spoke to one of her MD's and she does not have the more serious MRSA virus like I had been told yesterday. That was evidently mis-read. She has the MSSA staph. This is much easier treated and she is responding well to the antibiotic. Her main problem right now is the bruised right lung. She had 7 broken ribs on that side, several that were broken in 2 places. With this type of injury, healing is a very slow process. Thank You for your prayers.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update. Just a note, Doc. Like the thousands of other viewers here, I have not posted a lot. But, please know that I am praying for and following Kathy's progress every day, as I am certain so many others are doing too. God Bless.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default accident

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    Mrs Kathy Humphreys from Roaster Renovations was in an accident today. I humbly ask for your prayers in agreement of Gods word that she comes out of this just fine. She is a true woman of God and a personal friend of mine and so is Doc and they could use some prayer right now.
    Thank you in advance.
    I will keep the two of you in my prayers may GOD Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    We have had a roller-coaster the last couple of days. I was given incorrect information, which was then clarified. Here is what I posted from her room this morning.UPDATE at 2pm for Kathy. Just spoke to one of her MD's and she does not have the more serious MRSA virus like I had been told yesterday. That was evidently mis-read. She has the MSSA staph. This is much easier treated and she is responding well to the antibiotic. Her main problem right now is the bruised right lung. She had 7 broken ribs on that side, several that were broken in 2 places. With this type of injury, healing is a very slow process. Thank You for your prayers.
    I just can't begin to imagine what you are going through. I'm not a religious person, so the best I can do is offer my heart-felt condolences and best wishes for both of you.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hopefully she is on the road to recovery .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default 7/18 update

Update on Kathy 7/18. Not much to report today. Everything is about the same. They want to put a trac in her throat, and that is scheduled for tomorrow. I was really against another procedure, after it was explained it is the best choice for her. Having the vent in her throat will allow them to wake her up further. It will also reduce any complications or infection. This will also make it easier to wean her off of the vent when that time comes. With the tube in her throat if it was removed her throat would swell making it very difficult or even impossible to get it back in. When they explained all the factors involved it is the best choice for her. She continues to improve. The bacteria is responding to the antibiotic. They are talking about taking her off of the meds that help to raise her blood pressure due to the bacteria in her blood. Good sign that it is being destroyed. Got her to open her eyes for a few seconds and they are still that pretty blue. Please keep up the Prayers. Kathy will be busy for a month Thanking each of you.

After talking to her MD:
    Further update on Kathy @ 1:20 PM. Spoke to the MD and they will bronciascope her after the trac tomorrow to remove the fluid in her lungs. The MSSA bacteria is gone. They may have to give her an antibiotic for the fluid. The trac procedure will be late morning to early afternoon. They will do it in the room here. She said it would only take about 10 minutes. Some risk of bleeding, so we need to pray against that. The corner isn't quite as far away, but we are on a very slow walk.

Spyder Garage

Default Prayer Warriors

Doc, Thank you for your updates, many, many of us are praying for Kathy and you every day.

Prayer Warriors, please PM me.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the continued updates Doc. Glad to hear that your wife is improving. Don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Spyder Garage

Lifting up morning prayers for Kathy, Doc, and family
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am SOOooo... glad to hear that she is making steady progress...
    When she wakes up: give her a gentle hug from all of us!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Prayers sent for your family
    Bikerdave48
    2017 Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Praying for a full and quick recovery.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Prayers and praying.

john

Spyder Garage

UPDATE ON KATHY 7/19 She just got out of surgery for the trac and there were no complications. PRAISE GOD! They also removed her chest tube this morning. All progress. They can now bring her out of her semi-coma since she no longer has the tube down her throat. She Should be able to mouth words, and be much more active. I bought her a small, dry erase board, as I'm sure she will want to communicate. She needs to get this fluid off her lungs and the bronchi scope will help them do that. Just talked to her MD and she does have pneumonia. The right lung is starting to increase in air volume, so it is healing. No need for the scope today, maybe tomorrow. Please keep praying I think I can almost see the corner she needs to turn to get out of here.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear

Good to hear some positve steps are being made. Sending along some more 's that it will be rounding that bend soon....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

AMEN and AMEN Prayers before I sleep and our Men's Prayer breakfast will be lifting you both up to be in God's Healing Hands.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Prayers sent to the both of you, wishing you all the best in the coming weeks
    Glad to hear your wife is improving, God Speed
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm confused about what is going on with posts, and am uncertain how much I should say or not, but since we are all concerned about Doc and his wife I'll say this much. I received an email notification from SL about two posts that Doc made giving an update on Kathy. The time stamp on both were a few minutes before the time stamp for Retired 2012's post above. But those posts are not here. I don't know why. Maybe Doc deleted them, either on purpose or accidentally, but I wouldn't think so, or maybe the server suffered a glitch. Doc has an update on Kathy on his Facebook page that is the same info as in the email I received.

Since FB is somewhat public I think it is OK to let everyone know the update is there, but in the interest of privacy I won't give the link nor quote the post. I hope you all understand.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Though I'm loath to use FB, I see Doc's recent 7/20 update there and not here. Strange as I'm subscribed and didn't get the notices that Idaho did.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm confused about what is going on with posts, and am uncertain how much I should say or not, but since we are all concerned about Doc and his wife I'll say this much. I received an email notification from SL about two posts that Doc made giving an update on Kathy. The time stamp on both were a few minutes before the time stamp for Retired 2012's post above. But those posts are not here. I don't know why. Maybe Doc deleted them, either on purpose or accidentally, but I wouldn't think so, or maybe the server suffered a glitch. Doc has an update on Kathy on his Facebook page that is the same info as in the email I received.

Since FB is somewhat public I think it is OK to let everyone know the update is there, but in the interest of privacy I won't give the link nor quote the post. I hope you all understand.
    Sorry for the mixup. The board here glitched twice. It wouldn't show anything, no matter what I tried. I am going to try again.

Spyder Garage

Default 7/20 Update

I am at the hospital now. She now has her eyes open, but is not responding. I think she did look at me for a moment, but not really sure. They just did a catscan on her chest and head. The head to make sure that she has nothing going on there. MD will be in. Has not made rounds yet. Will know more when she does.Just spoke to the MD and Kathy has a very bad case of pneumonia. They are scoping her to remove as much as possible and will send a sample to the lab to find the correct antibiotic to treat it. I ask about her lethargy and she explained that those of us with extra padding absorb more of the medicine that put her under and it takes a while to get it out of your system. Need to pray for her lungs and the catscan to come back negative.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Kathy

Doc , I'm sending many, many .............Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Prayer

I am praying for you and Kathy. She is in the Lord's Hands.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default 7/21 Update

7/21 - UPDATE ON KATHY - Just spoke to the nurse and they have had to turn up her breathing machine due to the pneumonia, her urine output is slowing, which is keeping the sedation medicine still in her system, and we still have not heard back about the head CT.
    We are asking for specific prayers for kidney function, pneumonia, and for good results from the CT head scan.
    Will write more as the day progresses and I learn more.
    Thank You All!
    EDITED AT 10 PM - Kathy's kidney function is continuing to decrease and they will do dialysis tomorrow. Her pneumonia is worse. Please continue to pray.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    7/21 - UPDATE ON KATHY - Just spoke to the nurse and they have had to turn up her breathing machine due to the pneumonia, her urine output is slowing, which is keeping the sedation medicine still in her system, and we still have not heard back about the head CT.
    We are asking for specific prayers for kidney function, pneumonia, and for good results from the CT head scan.
    Will write more as the day progresses and I learn more.
    Thank You All!
    EDITED AT 10 PM - Kathy's kidney function is continuing to decrease and they will do dialysis tomorrow. Her pneumonia is worse. Please continue to pray.

I had the honor and privilege of meeting you both at our Tombstone Ryde-In. I just wanted you to know I have been following your posts about Kathy and have been praying for her recovery and I have been praying for you. I wish I had the words to help you. I wish I could be the nurse there helping you both.
    But for the Grace of God there go I. May the Lord give you strength and peace. Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!