Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs UP indeed. Praise the Lord! Amen Brothers and Sisters!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post

Praise Report for Kathy 9/6 - After the most restful night that she has had since the accident, Kathy told respiratory to remove her vent today. She is ready for it to be out. She only had to be suctioned 3 times in a 12 hour period last night. And my insisting on stopping her meal solutions at night was a huge success. And of course that was really downplayed at the MD'S rounds. They don't like to be wrong. We then argued about the amount to increase her feed; he wanted 20 units and I pointed out that she had only been fed about 4 hours or 40 units. 20 units times 12 hours is 240 total units, which is 6 times what she had. He then conceded my point and we agreed to leave it at 10 units per hour. 12 hours will be 120 units or 3 times what she had yesterday. That will be enough increase in my opinion. She has not had any pain medication since day before yesterday. Kathy was able to set up on the bed for about the same time as yesterday. Then, this afternoon she was gotten up into a chair and sat for an hour. She continues to improve. Please keep praying.
    Well Hallelujah!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update for Kathy

Praise report for Kathy 9/7/18 - (LATE) Sorry I didn't get this out earlier. After 4 days sleeping in the cramped chair in Kathy's room, Keela graciously let me have some time off, so I came home, did my dirty laundry and crashed in a actual bed. Think I will need to do this at least once a week to handle this. Hopefully, it won't be many more weeks at that facility before she is ready to go to Silver Oaks here is town. The 12 hour feedings seem to be working well in giving her digestion system a rest at night. They bumped her up to 20u per hour per the MD, which was a little fast for me. I wanted 15, but was not there so couldn't argue my point. Hopefully, she was able to handle that last night/this morning. I'll get an update later today. Kathy continues to improve in her lungs also. Last night the respiratory nurse took her off of C pap mode (after 16 hours) to let her rest. The vent does the work in the maintenance setting. Within an hour, she asked to change the machine back to C pap, saying, "I don't like to have the machine breath for me. The nurse was very surprised that it no longer wears her down. I really doubt if she will need the maintenance setting ever again. I expect them to start her on a collar where she does her own breathing completely with no help at all. Kathy also will be going through a procedure Monday to remove the dialyasis ports! She no longer needs them. Very strong kidney function and output. (Thank You, Jesus!) We are now starting to work her core muscles and I plan on a few things to help strengthen her arms and legs and to gain back realm of motion (she is gonna hate me) prior to her actual next step PT. She has healed enough that I can now get involved with that part of it. We'll start out slow and add more stuff as she is able. Words cannot convey the Thankfulness in my heart for each and every one of you and your prayers. Some of you folks have been with us since the beginning exactly 2 months ago, some have joined in along the way. And we have all shared a common bond through social media to come together in one mind and one accord to ask God to move and heal Kathy from her injuries. I am humbled by such a awesome group of folks!! Keep the prayers coming!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It keeps sounding better and better...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Kathy is lucky to have you my friend!
    She is truly blessed to have the support of both family & friends for the journey that is ahead to what I'm sure will be a complete recovery!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Update for Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/8 - I got up here around 10 this morning and shortly after the MD made his rounds. He seems to think that they were adding water to her feeding in her stomach it was causing her to throw up the combination of the two. Kathy did a good job on 20 U a hour yesterday, so they bumped her up to 30 U, and she has done great today. They should be able to increase it to the 55U per hour, which is where they wanted it to be. All of her stats look good and she has been very happy to have her daughter, Keela here from Texas. Her oldest brother, Robert stopped by today and they had a nice visit. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Spyder Garage

Praise the Lord and Amen!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Beautiful sight to see! Keep up the good work. Hugs and prayers to you!!
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Default Update for Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/9/18 - Eighteen years ago today, I married the best lady I have even known. I count myself as the luckiest man alive to have her in my life. A marriage is not determined by always having good times or bad times. Those happen to everyone. How you each react to the circumstances you are going through; do you pull together or apart? When it comes down to the bottom line, you really measure the strength of your marriage by how you support each other. Kathy has been a gentle teacher for me and has gently taught me what love is all about. I promised her our 19th anniversary we will do something much better than this year! Kathy has been doing good today; she has had good stats. She has been having higher than normal blood pressure and we determined that was caused by blood volume. They had been adding water to her vascular system and when the volume gets larger than if should be, it will cause high blood pressure. So they are now running water into her stomach with the feed solution. This will greatly help with her dehydration, as the proper way the water needs absorbed is through the stomach. They will continue to run the water after the 12 hour feed is stopped. Hopefully, this will not make her sick tonight. Please continue the prayers for her! They are working!! They will remove the dialysis ports out in the morning. Prayers for that procedure to go smoothly would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Amen

Praise Report for Kathy 9/9/18 - Eighteen years ago today, I married the best lady I have even known. I count myself as the luckiest man alive to have her in my life. A marriage is not determined by always having good times or bad times. Those happen to everyone. How you each react to the circumstances you are going through; do you pull together or apart? When it comes down to the bottom line, you really measure the strength of your marriage by how you support each other. Kathy has been a gentle teacher for me and has gently taught me what love is all about. I promised her our 19th anniversary we will do something much better than this year! Kathy has been doing good today; she has had good stats. She has been having higher than normal blood pressure and we determined that was caused by blood volume. They had been adding water to her vascular system and when the volume gets larger than if should be, it will cause high blood pressure. So they are now running water into her stomach with the feed solution. This will greatly help with her dehydration, as the proper way the water needs absorbed is through the stomach. They will continue to run the water after the 12 hour feed is stopped. Hopefully, this will not make her sick tonight. Please continue the prayers for her! They are working!! They will remove the dialysis ports out in the morning. Prayers for that procedure to go smoothly would be greatly appreciated.

AMEN AMEN and AMEN, and everybody in the CHURCH said AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/10 - I will start this with the urgent prayer that I posted this morning so that everyone can be brought up to speed. "Urgent Prayer Request 9/10/18 - I woke up at 4:15 AM with her vent alarm going off like crazy. Looked at her O2 level and it had dropped to 62%! Kathy's lips were turning blue and foaming . I ended up having to hurry to the central desk and ask the respiratory tech if he was going to do something about the 62 %. He came in and found that the filter for her vent was clogged. They had her too low in the bed (below 30%) and that contributed to the stuff collecting in her lungs. She may have also had a seizure then and also a little while ago. Not a good start to the day. Need to pray for no permanent damage. She has now had 4 seizures." The number of seizures are now up to 7. She had a lull from 10:30AM until a little after 5:00pm. The last one just after 5 pm lasted for a little over 40 minutes. Most of it was on her left side. Over the space of the last one they tried, 4 or 5 different drugs to stop it and finally at the 40 minute mark, they put her in a medically induced coma which stopped it. In the cat scan they found two small spots on each side towards the rear of her brain, somewhat near the brain stem area. The thinking is that she may have a growth on her heart valves that is breaking away into her bloodstream and landing where ever that blood was headed to. Stress and high blood pressure can be a catalyst to cause this to happen. Such as starving for oxygen, the stress of trying to breathe when the machines' filter is clogged as has not been maintained correctly. The bed position is also critical; angles too far back will cause the lungs to fill with fluid. All these things contributed to the event that caused this to happen. It is possible that it could be something else and they are going to take a look at the back side of her heart tomorrow morning. She will not be going back to Kindred North. Never again. Not sure where, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. At this point I could have changed this from a Praise Report, but I refuse to do that. God is still in control. And will remain in control. My new prayer is, "Thy WILL be done, Lord!" Strangely, I am completely at peace with that. Please pray whatever prayer you feel like you need to pray. And thanks again for all that you guys are doing for Kathy and I. Sometimes, quite often lately, I feel like our support system has completely failed. And you know what else? I am OK with that also. It has always been Kathy and me and that is not going to change. I want the best for her. Always.

Spyder Garage

Praying for Kathy’s full recovery
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Prayers sent to both you and Kathy. And I'm usually not one to pray in this manner unless I know the person...but thought you should know you've reached a lot of stranger's hearts with this accident.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Steve and Kathy, family, friends, Dr's, and Caregivers, we lift you all up to be in the Lord's healing, comforting, uplifting hands. May the Dr's and Caregivers feel God's presence when they're considering Kathy's care. My God's strength flow into and through Kathy and Steve. Steve, thank you for including our community in your struggle and experience. Your Faith encourages so many of us. We continue to lift up prayers for you all.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/11 - Not that much to report about Kathy since they put her in the medical coma yesterday. They had the suspicion that she had some growth on her heart valve that had broken off and lodged in her brain, causing the brain bleeds. They used a sensor today in her esophagus to get a more detailed look at her heart and found nothing. So, this goes back her starving for oxygen at Kindred North yesterday morning. That could have raised her blood pressure and caused the brain bleeds. Every single thing that I can find about seizures say that either a multiple string of them or a continuous one that runs longer than 30 minutes will usually result in brain damage. The MD's have not verified this. With her in a coma there is no way to determine if she has any damage. They did an EEG earlier today and it showed no change in the bleeds. At least they haven't gotten any larger. That is a good thing. They are now doing a 24 hour video cat scan to determine if she is still having seizures, so we will know more about that tomorrow, If not, they can safely bring her out of the coma and then determine the extent, if any, of the damage. I do know that God can do anything and I am praying God's Will in this. I have peace about this that she is in His Hands still. Thank You for your continued prayers for Kathy and I.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So very sorry to hear about this setback.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More kind thoughts and prayers for all of you...

Spyder Garage

I don' t say much here, though each day I come here to read the updates. I will keep you and Kathy in my prayers until this is has come full cycle.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

2015 F3S SE6
    You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding

2015 F3s , Orange/black

Spyder Garage

Still praying for complete healing!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/12 - With Kathy in a medical coma the reports will not have as much information, but as things change and I am updated I will continue to update each of you. Enrique called a little while ago from ICU and told me that the neurologist had added higher doses to Kathy's meds to take her deeper into the coma. The reason for doing this is that according to her EEG she is still having seizures in the left Occipital lobe area. This makes sense that Kathy was unable to see Monday in the ER since this area interprets sight. There is a great deal of concern that even though the induced coma is not showing a physical sign of the seizure, they are still happening in the brain. It is unclear whether this has been a constant seizure that has lasted for almost 48 hours or multiple ones daisy-chained together. Unfortunately, the distinction doesn't make that much difference in the overall picture of things. That is all the medical info I have at this point. What i want to do next is explain why this is still titled, Praise Report. I have grown so much spiritually by just being around Kathy in the 18 years we have been married. One of the hardest two things I have learned are: The battles are the Lords. We need to let Him take care of the wrongs we are wronged. I used to want to just hurt someone if they did me or a loved one wrong. I finally have grown through this. Whether it is certain individuals that caused this by their neglect or not, that is for the Lord to decide. They will be judged for their actions. The second is: We need to Praise Him in good times and in bad. Even when things are their darkest we really don't know what the master plan is. All we see is our little imperfect glimpse of His plan. That is where Faith comes in. I truly believe that God can heal Kathy of everything. Will He? It depends if that is what is supposed to happen. Look at this scripture in James 1: 19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. 27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

I guess it comes down to what you believe. I believe that if it is not Kathy's time to leave this world, she won't. Regardless of whether she is on the vent or not. Kathy's wishes that she conveyed to me many, many times over the years was that, "If I am ever on life support with one foot in Heaven and the other foot on Earth, please let me go, as I am ready to return to the Father." Her terror was to be trapped between both worlds, unable to move. I completely understand that and feel the same way. I would not want to be locked in a limbo either. And I am completely certain that if she was writing this about me, she would do exactly what I wanted. We are not quite to that point yet. I would greatly like for Kathy to convey her wishes, but with the brain damage and constant seizures, that may not be possible. I am not in a great hurry to do anything yet. We will let the MD's practice their medicine first. Just be aware that I refuse to keep her tethered to this world when it is perhaps her time to move on. I won't do that to her. I hope you all understand that. Please pray for Kathy and pray for me to know what to do and when to do it! Thank You!
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 09-12-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

God will grant you the strength that you need...

Spyder Garage

Default I've been with you on your journey...

... about your sweetheart Kathy. We have had loved ones suffer illnesses and we know the fear, uncertainty, anxiety... and the peace that comes when we ask the Holy Spirit to comfort us. It's about faith - and in your last post, you spoke well about your faith. I was encouraged in my own belief when reading your important words. I was reminded about a piece that I read in Morning and Evening (Spurgeon) not long ago. Here is what he said (in part):

"Our Lord in his infinite wisdom and superabundant love, sets so high a value upon his people’s faith that he will not screen them from those trials by which faith is strengthened. You would never have possessed the precious faith which now supports you if the trial of your faith had not been like unto fire. You are a tree that never would have rooted so well if the wind had not rocked you to and fro,and made you take firm hold upon the precious truths of the covenant grace."

I never had thought about the fact that faith is so very important, not just to us, but to Him. I pray for Kathy and for you. Bless you.

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Please Lord, give these two the strength to get thru this with the best results possible for both of them.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Doc, have you followed James 5:14-15 and had Kathy anointed with oil? This doesn't happen as much anymore, but there is clear Scriptural guidance on this.

Continuing in prayer,
    Mark
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box