Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear of the continued improvement.

More prayers sent to you both.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Wonderful to hear that Kathy is showing improvement, .
    Still praying for Kathy, you and both of your families..

Spyder Garage

Default Prayer

i would personally like that thank those who had community prayer for Mrs Kathy and Doc today. Mrs Kathy and Doc received some good stuff today. I ask that you continue to pray for them then give praise.
    Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

and Best wishes for a full recovery

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad she continues to improve.
    Hugs and prayers sent on a daily basis.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Good news
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/20 - this is from her daughter, Tiff. Spent the day with mom. She's done well overall. They were able to rectify the partial intestinal blockage today. She has had some urine output today and the renal doctor said they were going to give her meds to help her with excess fluids instead of dialysis since her kidneys are producing. They will be watching that.

They are switching out her trach tube right now for a smaller one to allow the hole/skin to begin healing and to of course get her off the machine. I keep telling her it's one step closer to home. They're coming back in a while to try another round of breathing on her own. She's sleeping now.

Please continue to pray for her.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for some encouraging news on your Mom!
    We'll keep you all in our prayers.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default WOW !!

One helluva roller coaster ride.
    Just read all of Doc's updates through 12 pages. The one thing my wife was repeating as she read through was ATGATT.

Positive thoughts going out to Kathy for a continued complete recovery. Our thoughts also with Doc -- hang in there Sir.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/21 - Kathy is resting well this morning. They are doing a specific type of dialysis that is the lightest type that they can do. This is a rapid system where they remove 1 litre of fluid per hour for 3 hours. This is very intense and Kathy would not have been strong enough 10 days ago. This will help her kidneys to heal and function better. She is breathing easy and most of the chest congestion is gone. Her daily improvement is astounding. God is moving. Please continue your prayers. They are working. Thank You all so much.

Spyder Garage

AMEN Brother Steve, AMEN
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Prayers for Kathy...

It took almost 5 years but I have finally found a use for the IGNORE list.

EDIT: The earlier post that triggered this Ignore List comment has thankfully been deleted!

Prayers continue for Kathy and Doc.
    Last edited by OkieDoc; 08-22-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Update
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.

Spyder Garage

Default YES !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDoc View Post
    Prayers for Kathy...

It took almost 5 years but I have finally found a use for the IGNORE list.

To All - I hope I didn't reply to the wrong meaning of the post above. I was NOT referring to the Prayers posts as being ignored......I was referring to IGNORING the earlier poster that thought it was all STUPID and WORTHLESS ! His name will be on my "ignore list"
    Last edited by teninospyder; 08-22-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Hey Doc,

It's good to hear how much Kathy is improving. But, I'm going to ask a question. If you feel it is out of line, P.M. me and I'll remove it.

I'm guessing right now there has been no physical therapy, especially because of her O2 issues. I think I read where you mentioned the dr. saying LT for Kathy. I could be wrong, and it is LTC, long term care. This is my question: Has there been any mention of her going to a PM&R unit for what is considered short term care. The treatment is more aggressive, and some patients have a combination of PT/OT for 3 hours per day. In LTC, the stay is longer because treatment time is less. I only ask because I work in a rehab unit. Like I said, if you feel this is inappropriate, P.M. me and I will certainly remove it. In any case, I hope she continues to make great strides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Hey Doc,

It's good to hear how much Kathy is improving. But, I'm going to ask a question. If you feel it is out of line, P.M. me and I'll remove it.

I'm guessing right now there has been no physical therapy, especially because of her O2 issues. I think I read where you mentioned the dr. saying LT for Kathy. I could be wrong, and it is LTC, long term care. This is my question: Has there been any mention of her going to a PM&R unit for what is considered short term care. The treatment is more aggressive, and some patients have a combination of PT/OT for 3 hours per day. In LTC, the stay is longer because treatment time is less. I only ask because I work in a rehab unit. Like I said, if you feel this is inappropriate, P.M. me and I will certainly remove it. In any case, I hope she continues to make great strides.
    She is probably too weak to do something like that. That's why her improvement is so slow. She does do daily PT, which is nothing compared to what a normal workout would be. It is actually almost the ROM's that you do to keep a person from totally loosing movement from joints stiffening up.
    I am not going to second guess the hospitals' plan at this point. They are the number 1 trauma hospital in the region, so they do know what they are doing and have addressed the problems she is having thousands of times. When Kathy is stronger, we may see about doing something more, but right now she isn't strong enough. Appreciate your thoughts and experience! I may call upon you at a later date when she is better able to handle it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post

To All - I hope I didn't reply to the wrong meaning of the post above. I was NOT referring to the Prayers posts as being ignored......I was referring to IGNORING the earlier poster that thought it was all STUPID and WORTHLESS ! His name will be on my "ignore list"
    No worries! I understood completely!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/22 - Today is one of those days where not a lot of progress is shown outwardly. Kathy was very tired yesterday after that rapid dialysis and today was spent in rest and recovery. Her kidneys continue to function. We are just trying to get them to filter better now. they are saying that the first glimpse of their recovery will be their picking up volume. We, as well as you all are Believing in their complete repair by the Lord. She also continues to do daily PT, which will help her when they get her up and around. I am sure you are wanting to see a straight constant upward approach to her getting better, but we will still have those times, where she is marking time, like today. She is still having something in her meal solutions that does not agree with her stomach, even though they have given her the lactose free kind. They are however giving her intravenous basic feeding through her veins. Basic nutrition. i will have a more detailed report tomorrow as that is my visit day. It hurts to not be there everyday, but bills come due, work needs done, and the businesses need to be tended. Not complaining. I had at first wished I had taken her place, but I have come to realize that even in this tragic situation God had our best interests at heart. I can at least keep things going until she gets home. It would have been totally impossible if she was in my shoes. Please continue to pray. We both love you all!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Praise Report for Kathy 8/22 - Today is one of those days where not a lot of progress is shown outwardly. Kathy was very tired yesterday after that rapid dialysis and today was spent in rest and recovery. Her kidneys continue to function. We are just trying to get them to filter better now. they are saying that the first glimpse of their recovery will be their picking up volume. We, as well as you all are Believing in their complete repair by the Lord. She also continues to do daily PT, which will help her when they get her up and around. I am sure you are wanting to see a straight constant upward approach to her getting better, but we will still have those times, where she is marking time, like today. She is still having something in her meal solutions that does not agree with her stomach, even though they have given her the lactose free kind. They are however giving her intravenous basic feeding through her veins. Basic nutrition. i will have a more detailed report tomorrow as that is my visit day. It hurts to not be there everyday, but bills come due, work needs done, and the businesses need to be tended. Not complaining. I had at first wished I had taken her place, but I have come to realize that even in this tragic situation God had our best interests at heart. I can at least keep things going until she gets home. It would have been totally impossible if she was in my shoes. Please continue to pray. We both love you all!
    If you think about how far she has come since this thread was started it is incredibly aspiring and a testament to her strength and your faith. The road is never straight and level in these matters the important thing is to keep moving forward.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

from the darkness comes light and that light guides us to new hope and levels of devotion we have never known before.all things happen for a reason though at the time we can not see why.it becomes clear later.keep going and all will be seen.

Spyder Garage

I don't say much here, just wanted to let you know that yall are still in my thoughts and prayers. I look every day to see her progress.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/23 - I am so happy that Kathy will be moved to aftercare in Indy probably within the next 48 hours! She has gotten strong enough to do so. Her kidneys continue to improve and she has been breathing on her own for several days now. When she gets to Kindred they will work with her to get the trach out. This is awesome. Kathy's spirits are very high and she is looking forward to the move. The medical folks can say that they brought her through this, but us believers know where the healing came from!

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome news

I do not know either of you personally, but I have been following Kathy's progress from the first post. I am so happy to hear she has recovered well enough to move to another facility. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way daily.
    Stephanie &

F3T SE6 "Angry Bug" adopted June 16, 2018
    Wish list is growing quickly!
    Added PB1 Floorboards before we left the dealership

Spyder Garage

We shall keep praying with the Confident Expectation that Kathy's health and spirit will continue to improve.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Great news, one step closer to going home.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good News

I'm hoping the move will be closer to you and/or other family and friends.
    Hugs and prayers being sent daily from Michigan.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779