Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is all good news. With her and your faith, toughness, and determination I'm quite sure she'll be back on Spyder in due time! Maybe it's might be time to start entertaining thoughts about celebrating her survival and healing by getting her a new Spyder! You might even name it PTL!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    This is all good news. With her and your faith, toughness, and determination I'm quite sure she'll be back on Spyder in due time! Maybe it's might be time to start entertaining thoughts about celebrating her survival and healing by getting her a new Spyder! You might even name it PTL!
    I have been toying with the idea of getting one of the new sub10k units for her. Time will tell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doc,
    It sounds as if she's fighting a low-grade infection. Keep a close eye on how they fight it!
    I'm glad to hear that her output is increading…
    (And I bet that she's horrified to know that we're hearing all of this... )
    Let her know that all of you are "family" to us, and we're all pulling for her!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Doc (and Kathy and others), Our little men's prayer breakfast continues to lift you up in prayers, to sing God's praises for the beginning of the healing processes and specifically for continued kidney healing, continued healing all over, and a smooth recovery and physical/emotional rehab.
    Doc, we lift you up to keep the faith and strength as you support Kathy, your family, and your business, which has blessed many of us distant spyder riders.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Update for Kathy - 8/10 It was not my day to visit today, so this from her daughter, Tiff. She was pretty good today. She was tired after her workout this morning, but responded well in between cat naps. The nurse said she participated well in PT today and even sat up on the side of the bed for 20+ seconds. She got a little dizzy from not sitting up for so long (nurse said that was to be expected ). But she did it with some help and they were pleased. No fever at all. I read her cards and taped them up. I taped several scriptures up around the room as well. I showed her a video Keela (her daughter in Texas) made talking to her and she loved it. I prayed over mom and with mom. She prayed and agreed with me. Please continue the prayers!! They are working!!

Spyder Garage

Doc, my wife and I just got back from a 3 week tour. Me riding the Spyder with RT622 trailer in front and my wife following on her Goldwing. There was not a day that I did not pray and think about Kathy. One of the very first things we did after getting home was to check this forum for Kathy's progress. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy for 8/11 - I got here early this morning since there will be some popup showers starting in the afternoon. Kathy has been dozing off and on and resting very easy. Her stats look good and she is now tolerating her feeding solution at a reduced rate. Her breathing is better and most of the phelm is gone. They will be up later for another round of dyalisis. Her kidney output is still very low, so we need to specially pray for her kidneys. We are planning a corporate prayer at exactly noon next Sunday, the 19th. We ask that wherever you are, please stop a moment and pray for healing, especially her kidneys. Those of you that church, please ask your Pastor to coordinate the prayer as close to noon as possible. Let's all pray together for her healing. What a powerful witness of what God can do she will have when this is all done!

Spyder Garage

Default Prayer!!!!

Doc praying for Kathy's recovery and for you and your family!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/12 - This was not my day to go down so this is from Josh, her son via text. She was moved out of burn ICU to the regular ICU because they had a burn patient that had priority. She did not like being moved, has been very depressed today. She had her stitches by her nose taken out today. Everything else remains pretty much the same. We are asking for prayer for her kidneys, her depression and overall healing! Don't forget the corporate prayer this Sunday at noon at Eastern Daylight Time. Several Churches have said they will get other churches involved!

Spyder Garage

Doc, we'll be lifting up those prayers every day, as well as prayers of comfort and grace for you and your family.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Cheese.jpg
    Praise Report for Kathy - 8/13 - Was able to see my lady today for a while! She actually looked the best I have seen her since the accident. She is breathing better, her O2 is at 30%, and other vitals are good. She was very alert today. Her urine output is still very low, so please continue to pray for her kidneys and her overall health!!

Many, many Thanks to Lamonster! You are beyond awesome, sir!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those smiles tell us all that we need to know!

Spyder Garage

Your photo IS worth a thousand words.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Plugger2..

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    Mrs Kathy Humphreys from Roaster Renovations was in an accident today. I humbly ask for your prayers in agreement of Gods word that she comes out of this just fine. She is a true woman of God and a personal friend of mine and so is Doc and they could use some prayer right now.
    Thank you in advance.
    Prayers still to u and yur wife

Spyder Garage

Thanks for adding the pic Doc!
    Loved seeing those smiling faces!!!!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/14 - Kathy continues to slowly improve. They did dialysis today to remove fluid. She has much more motion in her hands and arms I have noticed. She is not tolerating her feed tube or the stuff that they put in it. They have temporarily stopped them. Her urine output has been a little better today. Anytime that she has dialysis, it causes it to improve. The big news is that they are going to be moving her to a Long Term Care Facility, probably sometime next week. We are getting her placed in Indianapolis, which will be much closer than what we are driving now. (the other drivers were complaining about the grooves I have worn in the road going both ways ) They will be able to help her get weaned off of the vent the rest of the way. That is about it, but I want to post this scripture.
    "So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11.
    We will try to be live Sunday for the noon prayer. We'll see how it goes. Please continue your prayers!!

Spyder Garage

Default Great pic!

You two really photograph well! Good to see things are looking up.
    Your friend
    Chuck Frick
    Buckeye Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Praise Report for Kathy 8/14 - Kathy continues to slowly improve. They did dialysis today to remove fluid. She has much more motion in her hands and arms I have noticed. She is not tolerating her feed tube or the stuff that they put in it. They have temporarily stopped them. Her urine output has been a little better today. Anytime that she has dialysis, it causes it to improve. The big news is that they are going to be moving her to a Long Term Care Facility, probably sometime next week. We are getting her placed in Indianapolis, which will be much closer than what we are driving now. (the other drivers were complaining about the grooves I have worn in the road going both ways ) They will be able to help her get weaned off of the vent the rest of the way. That is about it, but I want to post this scripture.
    "So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11.
    We will try to be live Sunday for the noon prayer. We'll see how it goes. Please continue your prayers!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/15 - I was excited to learn that Kathy was completely off the vent for 6 hours yesterday. Just breathing with an O2 mask. They shut the vent off. They tried it again today for 30 minutes and she was too tired to continue. Her major problem is still her kidneys, as she is struggling to produce any volume of urine. I am scheduled down for the next 4 days (yeah!). She had a port added to her jugular today so that they can add a special feeding solution directly to her bloodstream. Due to her intolerance of the stomach feed solution, this was the only alternative. She had dialysis last night for 10 hours and they pulled 3 liters of fluid off. She is in better spirits and should be very happy as Tiff and the grandkids will be there this evening! Please continue to pray. Everything in God's time. I am learning this slowly as I go through this! Don't forget: Community Prayer at 12 noon CST this Sunday!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/16 - Spent several hours with Kathy today. She seemed even more like Kathy. She is frustrated that she cannot speak and finally started using the dry erase board a little. It worked pretty since she now has better motor control in her hands. She was having a little trouble breathing, mostly phelm, which is a normal aspect of being on a vent. When I left respiratory was coming in and try running her on just O2 without the vent breathing for her. They also gave her a antibiotic just to be preemptive and keep her healthy for the next weeks' move the LT facility. I told her that she would have to ryde in an ambulance and she frowned. I then told her that her vent would not fit in the Geo Tracker we have and she laughed. I let her look at the pictures of the wrecked RT for the first time and she was amazed and kept mouthing the words that God saved her. Going to try to add them to this report if possible. All in all a good day. Talked to her kidney MD and they are optimistically hopeful that her kidneys will recover. Please continue to pray. The prayers are working. Don't forget Sunday at noon the community prayer for her. We will try to do it live from her room.

39216011_10161229113065455_3222991614091722752_n.jpg39199500_10161229112645455_7538955330164621312_n.jpg39245763_10161229112920455_4369532051427164160_n.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that her spirit is so strong!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/16 - Kathy has been resting pretty good today. She had some reflux overnight and may have a partial blockage in her intestines. We are asking for prayer that they can clear this without surgery. We have smiled and laughed as I have kidded her and she has nagged me. She is getting much better with the dry erase board. Communicating much better. This reduces her frustration a lot. I brought her phone so she can play some games on it. She does not yet have the dexterity to chat or do Facebook. The games will help her to get better control with her fingers. Everything we do from here on in will be geared to making her better. Please pray for this blockage to go away on it's on, pray for continued healing of her kidneys and her overall health.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/18 - Here at the hospital and I am happy to report that Kathy doubled her urine output overnight. It has also lost the reddish color and now has that pale amber color. The volume is still not up to where it should be, but short steps. She is resting easy and has been on C pap mode since 7am. This is where she breathes on her own with just a little O2 assist. They have her back on the stomach feed with non lactose food. Her bowels are working better and they are waiting to see if the obstruction will clear on it's own. The respiratory nurse was just in and said she was amazed at her progress from Monday to today. I hope you join us tomorrow at noon for the community prayer. And when you pray the rest of the week, please keep Kathy in your prayers. We take for granted our loved ones around us, and if I have learned nothing else from this experience, it is that life can turn on dime. Give you parents, children, or spouse a big hug and tell them you love them.

Spyder Garage

EXCELLENT NEWS, Doc!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

our church is participating. sent and will continue.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Praise report on Kathy 8/19 - This will be short. We did a noontime live on Facetime and I am beat. Kathy now has almost normal urine output and she has been on C pap mode on the vent for 48 hours (breathing on her own with just a little assist). She continues to improve. Appreciate the continued Prayers.