Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 8/4 Update

Praise Report for Kathy - 8/4. I have been here several hours today and she has been pretty alert. Got her to smile a few times when reading your cards to her. She has about triple the urine output today from previous days. They are doing rapid dyalisis on her today. They will only do 4 hours at twice the normal volume. This will hopefully solve the clogging issue that has been stopping them from completing the series. Please continue your prayers for her kidneys and lungs. She still has some phelmish congestion that they have to suction, but her air capacity has increased and they now have her down to 40% O2. She was at 60% at one point. Thank You from the H.E.R.S. family. (Humphreys, Edwards, Rowe, Sebastian) A Kathy-ism

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KATHY

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Praise Report for Kathy - 8/4. I have been here several hours today and she has been pretty alert. Got her to smile a few times when reading your cards to her. She has about triple the urine output today from previous days. They are doing rapid dyalisis on her today. They will only do 4 hours at twice the normal volume. This will hopefully solve the clogging issue that has been stopping them from completing the series. Please continue your prayers for her kidneys and lungs. She still has some phelmish congestion that they have to suction, but her air capacity has increased and they now have her down to 40% O2. She was at 60% at one point. Thank You from the H.E.R.S. family. (Humphreys, Edwards, Rowe, Sebastian) A Kathy-ism
    ...............BUT STILL ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Great news, keep it coming, prayers are working
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the updates. Continued prayers to all.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update Steve, I'm reminded of Psalm 41:3 (NLT) "The LORD nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health."
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

• God's speed in her recovery to full health!

Spyder Garage

Doc, many times we question why God did not intervene in a situation. I have done this often in my life. I cannot say why He did not intervene for Kathy; however, I can say this: Look at the over 200 posts on this thread and you will see how God has used you, and Kathy's situation, to bring about an enormous amount of prayer and praise that would not have occurred otherwise. I believe that it is reasonable to believe that many have grown closer to God through their prayers for Kathy and their praise for her improvement.

None of us wanted this to happen to Kathy, but the result reminds me of Paul and Silas in a dark prison in Philippi. Beaten and chained, yet at midnight they prayed and sang....
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Default Card Shower

For my birthday tomorrow, I am asking everyone to take a minute and send Kathy a get well card. She loves laying there and listening as I read them. She is a big card person. Let's give her a card shower!
    Kathy Humphreys
    91 South Gladstone Ave.
    Columbus, IN 47201

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KATHY'S ILLNESS

For my birthday tomorrow, I am asking everyone to take a minute and send Kathy a get well card. She loves laying there and listening as I read them. She is a big card person. Let's give her a card shower!
    Kathy Humphreys
    91 South Gladstone Ave.
    Columbus, IN 47201
    It's now 8-5-20 so Happy Birthday Doc.......... and I will get a card later and put it in the mail ...............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doc,
    How did she handle the rapid dialysis?
    It can end up dropping the patient's blood pressure rapidly, and causing faintness or nausea...
    I hope that she made it through; without any of those issues popping up...
    And Happy Birthday!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you Jesus for answered Prayers. I know alot of you have been prayer warriors for Mrs Kathy and I thank you as im sure Doc does also. I seems like she is getting much better now and I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and that is to the one and only Lord Jesus Christ. Still praying for continued healing for Mrs Kathy and caring patience for Doc as this is hard on him as well. Two honorable people there and it shows on this board. Love Mrs Kathy and Doc much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Doc,
    How did she handle the rapid dialysis?
    It can end up dropping the patient's blood pressure rapidly, and causing faintness or nausea...
    I hope that she made it through; without any of those issues popping up...
    And Happy Birthday!
    She did well. She has a strong heart. She was a little tachycardia today when I talked to the nurse. No clotting in the machine at all. They pulled 2lbs of water off of her in that 4 hours.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that she handled it so well!

Spyder Garage

She is a tough lady .I can only imagine what the two of you are going through ,hope all goes well .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default Update

PRAISE REPORT ON KATHY - 8/5 - The rapid dialysis yesterday really wiped her out today. In fact, last night she wasn't able to digest her tube meal and she was naseaus enough to vomit some. (which I sure felt great with broken ribs) No urine output at all today and her heartbeat has been pretty fast. These are all side effects of the rapid dialysis. She will bounce back. One of the nurses explained it the best I have ever heard. He said that her recovery is like a roller coaster; there are going to be hills and valleys. It will not be a steady climb. There will be minor setbacks from time to time. What they are striving to do is reduce the dips and move her towards the peaks. That just made a lot of sense to me. I had ask this as a separate post, but I will post it here also. Please send her a card of encouragement or a hand written note. I would like her room to be so filled up that no matter where she looks, she will be encouraged. Here mailing address is: Kathy Humphreys, 91 South Gladstone, Columbus, IN 47201. Please continue to pray for her kidneys, her lungs, and overall improvement. We serve a Mighty God who is able to do anything!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy - 8/6 - I did not go to see her today. With the new schedule I am only going three days a week. This gives her son, Josh, and her daughter Tiffanie, two days each. What I have gotten from the nurse is that she is still mending, has been initiating coughing on her own (this is good) to finish clearing the phelm out of her lungs. She had about 10 cc of urine overnight, which might be slightly more than she has been. They did have to give her 2 units of blood today. This is a direct result from them pulling fluid out of her blood on Saturday. Her body was unable to replenish it well enough and her hemoglobin stat dropped below the 7.0 threshold. She is bored and in pain and wanting to go home. She continues to improve but it is a slow process. She is now again able to handle her meal solution, so she will get the nutrition she needs. Please continue to pray for her kidneys, lungs, and her overall health. We need to claim these in Jesus' name as though they are already done.

Spyder Garage

more and still more .
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The healing process is like a thousand-mile journey: you still have to take one step at a time...
    More prayers and kind thoughts for all of you!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/7 - It has been one month today since the accident. We have some folks that have joined in these updates in the middle of them, so I thought I would tell about the accident, how God intervened, and what damage Kathy sustained. After that I will give you the update for today. For some reason in my Spirit I feel we have turned a critical corner in her recovery. Don't know why, but I do. So here goes:

July 7th, just before noon we were about 7 miles North of Coriden, IN. It was a beautiful, low humidity, cloud-free day, and we were looking forward to trying a new restaurant there. Kathy was in the lead, which was the way we rode 99% of the time. I was able to keep cars from inching in and bothering her. I was about 50 feet behind. I just wish I had got this on video. Suddenly, a large deer ran across the road in front of her. Before she could do anything another, smaller deer jumped onto the road right in front of her. Before it even touched the road they hit center mass on deer and byke. The deer went left, killed instantly. Kathy, instead of going over the handlebars, went right. The only explanation I have is that God moved her in that direction. Then, it was like there was a big hand there, palm up. She floated into that palm and stretched out like she was going to sleep. Her head was now facing the side of the road and her feet the other side. She is about 3' off of the ground, traveling sideways at about 50 mph. When she started to drop it was like the fingers of the hand wrapped themselves around her, holding her arms and legs tight against her body. She hit, bounced slightly, then rolled about 7 times to a stop. There is no doubt in my mind that God saved her.

Here injuries are:

7 broken ribs right side, 3 broken in multiple places

A broken left collarbone

A broken sternum

Extremely bruised right lung that collasped about 5 days after the accident

A cracked nasal cavity and severe laceration between left eye and nose

A deep gouge in her left heel

Several broken toes on the right foot

Blown off nail of big toe right foot

Dislocated pinky toe right foot

Road Rash over 40% of her body

What she didn't have:

No brain bleed

No concussion or loss of consciousness

No arm, leg, hip, or shoulder tendon damage

No broken bones in her arms or legs (other than the toes)

She was not wearing a helmet or any protection gear

When her lung collapsed on 7/13 they had to place a breathing tube down her throat and put her in a medically induced coma. She was in a coma for approximately 14 days. During that time I authorized a chest tube, a tracheotomy because of cleanliness and it would be easier to ween her off of the vent. I also authorized a feeding tube inserted into her stomach, several central lines, and other misc. procedures.

A few days after the put her on the vent she got a staph infection that got into her bloodstream and damaged her kidneys. They stopped functioning. Shortly thereafter, she got a very bad case of pneumonia. They were finally able to knock both of them out. She has been on dialysis for several weeks now. That should bring everyone up to speed. On with today's' update: I was with Kathy for about 3 hours today. She was very tired and slept most of the time. We did get to open a few cards and we mostly held hands while she rested. Her kidney MD came in and said she was encouraged that her urine output was the most since her kidneys shut down. She would like a large volume and that will come in time. The dialysis really takes a lot out of her. Her stats are looking good and she is getting more rest now. Her O2 is turned down to 40%.

We are still asking for prayers for her kidneys, lungs, and overall healing. Thank You, Prayer Warriors!

Spyder Garage

Thank-you Doc for the update, for your faith, and I know the round the clock prayers are for both you and Kathy, as well as family, friends, and caregivers.
    We continue to lift you all up in prayer and sing praises for the improvements.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Hoping for a full recovery, she is truely blessed. Thanks for the update. doc. Tim

Spyder Garage

Considering she wasn't wearing a helmet or any protection gear, someone was definitely watching over her.

Hope she starts feeling better soon.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise report for Kathy - 8/8/18 - It was not my day to go down today so this will not have much info. She is steadily improving. Her kidneys did not have any output today, but we are still believing they will eventually heal. She is tolerating her dialysis much better. They did the rapid dialysis and in 3 hours pulled off 3 liters of fluid. We'll see how she responds tomorrow when I go down for my visit. Everything is looking better, she just has a long road to recovery. Let's focus our prayers on her kidneys. I think we need to do that until they start working again! Thank You all for all of the cards. We will shoot a short video tomorrow or Saturday to show them hung in her room!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that she's handling the dialysis; I'm just sorry that he has to...

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/9 - I walked in just as her kidney MD'S were there. Timing couldn't have been better. They are going to do a longer dyalisis today to pull more fluid off. Probably 12 hours. They are noticing a slight increase in her white cell count and a slight temperature increase. They are not that concerned since she still is breathing ok. Her urine output is larger than 2 days ago, so the Prayers are working. Let's pray for continued healing of her kidneys, no infection, continued strength. Thank You for your prayers.