We have had a roller-coaster the last couple of days. I was given incorrect information, which was then clarified. Here is what I posted from her room this morning.

Update on Kathy 7/17. I am on my smartphone in her room, so I apologize for any typos in advance. It took 3 phone to final get the hospital to tell me the type of bacterial infection that she has in her blood. Of course it's going to be the super bug, mersa. They are treating her with a specific antibiotic for that and she seems to be responding well. The fever she had last week in gone, which is a very good sign. They are watching her blood pressure which dropped from the change in the central line. Please keep praying.

And then after talking to her MD everything started to com into focus, so I posted this:

UPDATE at 2pm for Kathy. Just spoke to one of her MD's and she does not have the more serious MRSA virus like I had been told yesterday. That was evidently mis-read. She has the MSSA staph. This is much easier treated and she is responding well to the antibiotic. Her main problem right now is the bruised right lung. She had 7 broken ribs on that side, several that were broken in 2 places. With this type of injury, healing is a very slow process. Thank You for your prayers.