Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Doc, have you followed James 5:14-15 and had Kathy anointed with oil? This doesn't happen as much anymore, but there is clear Scriptural guidance on this.

Continuing in prayer,
    Mark
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

God is giving you the continued strength to do his will. We offer our unceasing prayers.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Steve we continue to lift you all up in prayer!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise report for Kathy 9/13-16 Please note that this report, unless something happens, will cover Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I spoke to Kathy's Neurologist at length today and he was able to fill me in in several aspects. First, she does not have two bleeds, she has either 5 or 6. The worst ones are in the occipital lobe at the rear of her brain. The worse of those two is the right side. This is where we think that the majority of the seizure activity has occurred. (the opposite side of the brain controls motor skills on the other side - Left side controls body on the right and right side controls the body on the left) This is why the majority of her symptoms are effecting her left side. There is a very real fear that she may have lost her sight. He said that it is not a matter of whether she has brain damage, because she certainly does (which you may remember what I stated from my internet searches) It will come down to how much and where. She has bleeding in the Frontal lobe Region of the cerebrum located under the frontal bone; contains the primary

motor cortex (precentral gyrus) and is involved in complex learning, Temporal lobe Region of the cerebrum located under temporal bone; processes information

associated with hearing and equilibrium, Parietal lobe Region of the cerebrum located under parietal bone; contains the primary

sensory cortex (postcentral gyrus) and is involved in language acquisition, and Corpus callosum The major bridge of white fibers that connects the two hemispheres of the

cerebrum. He also said that the brain will eventually absorb the blood and that the seizures should stop. She needs as much rest as possible in the next three days as she can get. We are asking everyone, including all family members to let her rest. If you have to see her, make your visits short, try not to talk to her or touch her very much. I have not been to see her since Monday. I know a little about brain injuries and I felt being there would impede her recovery, especially since she has heard my voice, knows my scent for almost 2 decades, this would stimulate her. I think that is what happened Monday afternoon when she had that long seizure. I had not been there until about 5 minutes before it happened. She had not had a seizure for about 6 hours prior to that, so you tell me. Speaking about that 42 minute seizure, the MD said that even though they had physically stopped the seizure symptoms, the EEG was showing that she was still seizing in her brain for almost 48 hours until he increased her anti-seizure medication. She is actually on three different seizure medications. I hate not seeing her, but I am not selfish enough to put my wants above what is best for Kathy. On Monday, the MD said that they will start to wake her up and then assess what damage has occurred. This may not take place Monday as Kathy had a lot of difficulty waking from the last coma, so the amount of time that takes is unknown at this point. I would appreciate prayers for Kathy over the next three days. Things may look bad, but remember, God is always in control. What we need to pray for is God's Will for Kathy! More updates Monday.

Spyder Garage

Hang in there Doc, we are all with you Kathy and your family.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Praying for you both

Praying for G-d's will to be revealed to you . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wanted to let you (Steve) and Kathy know that I am thinking of you both. Sending hugs and prayers to your way.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

We are praying for you all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise report for Kathy 9/17 - I got up at 5am this morning so that I could do all the morning stuff and then fight the morning rush hour traffic to get to the hospital before 9AM. I got there about 20 minutes early; just enough time to drink a cup of decaf down. When I went back I was surprised that Kathy had her eyes open. They were fixed on a location on the ceiling. When I called her name she did not acknowledge me at all. She alternated between that thousand yard stare and closing he eyes and sleeping. When the nurse came in for her morning assessment shortly after, she responded to her and was able to stick her tongue out on command. i ask the nurse how long she had been off of the coma medicine and she said about 26 hours. This is more progress than she had at UofL Hospital when they brought her out of the first medically induced coma in late July. It took her about 4-5 days to respond, so going by that she is doing better this time. Her daughter came in and the nurse was able to get her to do the tongue thing again for her. And, before I left in the early afternoon she stuck out her tongue for me. She has yet to actually look or focus on anyone, so we are not sure about her sight. She seemed confused and agitated a few times; struggling to move herself and I finally told her what had happened and that she would be more conscious as the coma drug got out of her system. Maybe it was me thinking it, but she seemed to be a little calmer after that. This will be a slow process and will take several days before we can truly find out where she is mentally. I again ask for your prayers for her as we explore our new circumstances. Should be able to update you more each day. Thanks for all the wonderful support everyone has shown us. They say that joy shared in multiplied and pain shared is divided. I can completely attest to that. God Bless you all!!

Spyder Garage

Doc we still lift you and Kathy up many times each and every day in accordance with 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I requested prayer for Kathy yesterday in my Sunday School class.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

I glad there is improvement!! More sent to Kathy and you.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 9/18 - Sitting here in the waiting room to go in and see Kathy today. Have about 5 minutes before I can go in. I am sitting here thinking of how much improvement she has made. I hope they gave her a diuretic as she was quite swollen yesterday. This will also help to remove any residual coma medicine. I will update this as I go. Ok, I have quite a bit of info. First of all, Kathy has tested positive for a Superbug called VRE. This is a antibiotic resistant strain that can be transferred by touch or by touching any contaminated surface in her room. It is suggested that you thoroughly wash your hands and wipe down any items you bring with you that have been set down. Not a good turn of events. Kathy also is unable to move her left side. Total paralysis. It may improve as the coma drug leaves her system, but it is very doubtful that will happen. She also is not able to move her tongue as much as yesterday. I have told her several times today what has happened to her. It has seemed to help. Going back to previous posts, the Nerologist told me last week that the seizures seemed to be more left side dominant from the right side of her brain. You may notice that I deleted the previous post after I had copied it due to the updates. Here is a link to the SuperBug:
    http://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/...nterococci-VRE